Bombers @ Lions GDT!!!!!!!Finally!!!

Nolby

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well u all over there say Powell is the best..and you guys have the best running backs.. so shouldn't u guys have won then too?

Reilly had 100 yards on 2 busted plays in first half too..after that he disnt do much in 2nd half..barely over 100 yards..so picked apart is quite the stretch

If your run game is working..u use it to death..btw..how many scores did Harria get..oh yeah none but Nichols tossed 3 tds..shows me a balance well greased offence as opposed to your pea shooter high school one..good luck getting 5 wins with that 

You don't suspect us having our third string qb in there might have been a factor in the loss?  

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hall's folly is the blitz, especially when he blitzes Bighill and the WIL.  Blitzing into max protect is just about the dumbest strategy.  That blitz leaves a huge gap between the line and the secondary.

Yeah, was having flashbacks to the Hamilton game last year.

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

18k in the stands on a Saturday night season opener is not good.

Yup. Not good for the league.   Edm, Calgary, Sask, Winnipeg are the only places where anyone cares. and I'm not so sure about Calgary

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Yup. Not good for the league.   Edm, Calgary, Sask, Winnipeg are the only places where anyone cares. and I'm not so sure about Calgary

If Calgary isn’t a top team this year we’ll find out pretty quickly if their fans care or not. For cities that only support winners, see Alouettes, Montreal. 

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You don't suspect us having our third string qb in there might have been a factor in the loss?  

You still had the ninth-best OC in the league calling the game, so no. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah Whitehead was overthrown by a hair or he likely runs in a touchdown. And watch the replay of the big return Nelson had... Exume was oh so close to getting the block that would have sprung a possible touchdown too.

I love Exume already

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

It is concerning 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I know the cool thing to do around here is make fun of the Riders. We had the best defense last year in the league, and not much will change this year but yet you pick 5 or maybe 6 players off what is most likely going to be the worst defense in the league and suggest they will be upgrades in Sask??   Wow

Stats wise you didnt have the best..you lead in a few categories but stamps and bombers led in more..and gave up leaa points..that says to me better defense.. only is sask is it considered the best..granted it scored  al lot of TDs.. but that wont happen again

29 minutes ago, Ripper said:

No..because Collaeros wouldn't have been the difference.. and many say Nichols is a ham and Eggers.. wasnt it?

And isnt it a team game.. and about depth? Which the riders have not much of..looking forward to seeing your oline next game..

2 hours ago, Bomberfan85 said:

Nichols threw 3 TD passes, which is 3 more than the Rider QBs combined for. If that "isn't much", I'll take not much every week. If Harker had thrown 3 TD passes, you'd be chipping in with all the others for the new statue of him outside Mosaic. I assume it would be next to the one that looks like a bunch of demons dragging a football player into the depths of hell. 

Ummm actually, those are flatbillies dragging a player to Regina.  "Tomatoe-tomahto"

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Yardage means nothing. When you throw more Ints than TDs you did not have a great game

So your saying if Burham makes it to the endzone instead of being caught from behind, then Reilly's a better QB because he has the same number of TD's as Int's, even tho he didn't do anything differently?

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Except the Lions were not in a situation where they had to abandon the run until very deep into the 4th

Reilly got his one TD on a busted coverage, and basically 1/3 of his yards on 2 misplays by our secondary. 

He doesn't call the plays but this has been his MO for a couple of years, he is inaccurate in the intermediate passing game, which is why he only completed 53% of his throws

He constantly threw into double coverage as well.

You are propping up his performance based on 324 yards on 40 passes but that is not a huge number  and one TD off a bad read by Fenner leaving Durant wide open.

It is also clear that after nearly a decade of taking a beating that Reilly isn't in love with running for yards much any more.

The name on the back of the uniform is skewing how you view the performance. 

I'd call the first Burnham big catch a busted coverage because 2 of our guys went with the same player. His 2nd big one was poor tackling, not a bust. Fenner just got beat in the end zone one on one.

I don't know where you get the 'inaccurate in the intermediate passing game' or the 'decade of taking a beating' meaning that he doesn't want to run. I didn't see many lane for him to run through and I didn't see him miss (m)any intermediate routes.

I'm not propping up his performance, nor does the name on his back mean anything to me. Its not just about the stats.

Lets say Reilly does nothing different but.... Burnham makes it to the endzone instead of being caught. Reilly has 11 more yards and a TD. Burnham catches the ball that he dropped in the 4th. Reilly's stats go to 360ish yards, 2 TD's 2 Int's and 59% without making a single change to anything he did. For fun... lets say that BC can actually kick a convert so they get 3 more points (1 for the convert -2 for our run back to the end zone). The last couple of minutes completely change as they are only down by 3. Would any of this change the game that Reilly had? Nope. If he won, would those be good stats? Yup.

For too long the CFL teams have assumed that because they were the only game in town, they did not have to outreach to potentially new fans. Now we have cable TV, internet and other pro teams who are busting their butts for the entertainment dollars. Obviously the Riders and Eskies are doing the right things.