Bombers @ Lions GDT!!!!!!!Finally!!!

Nolby

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

How many 300 yard games did Reilly have?  12.  How many did Nichols have?  1.  Which team ran the ball and which team passed down field with it?  Gable got his carries in games when they were ahead. Running the ball was never their game plan.  No different than yesterday.  Genius game planning by Ritchie to be ready to shut the run down.  They only tried 4 times, I guess you scared them off. Meanwhile Reilly had no problem picking you apart for another 300 yard game.  Dam lucky for you the BC receivers dropped about 10 passes or it would have been worse. 

And I guess the Tabbies were lucky you didn’t unleash Harker on them earlier too.

15 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Dam lucky for you the BC receivers dropped about 10 passes or it would have been worse. 

Are you sure it wasn’t like 13?

Yah, they could have had like, 80 more yards..

And, is that why the Bombers won?

Just now, Ripper said:

You won because Harris had another great game.  He is the team

Wrong, they won because the Lions are one dimensional, stop the pass and they have nothing else to go to. Once the Bomber secondary cleaned up their sloppy first half play they handled the Lion passing game with ease. And the Bomber offence was deadly in the red zone, 4 for 4 wasn't it?

At least try to sound believable when you want to talk trash man.  

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

No the bombers won because they are a well rounded team. Nichols was damned good. That deep pass to Adam's was dropped right in his hands, he was money on his endzone tosses too. Just efficient.

NIchol's does pretty well at what they ask him to do, which isn't much.  But you are right, he was efficient. 

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You won because Harris had another great game.  He is the team

We won because:

Harris was Harris

Nichols shook off a little rust, then threw with authority

Bomber players covered for each other

Made mistakes but overcame them

Never stopped playing

Turned a blocked convert into a momentum changing 2 point slap on BC

Wolitarsky scored TDs.  BC didn’t 

10 minutes more possession time.

We weren’t chicken ****

We overcame some iffy calls

We turned BC into a one dimensional team

I could go on...

The Bombers showed why continuity and not hitting the offseason panic button is important.

BC is a new team from top to bottom and it's going to take them some time to gel.

The Bombers took off where we left off last year and hit the ground running with a well balanced team win.

Ground and pound for 150, 2 turnovers, decent night on returns and Nichols finishing drives when he needed to. That's why we won, not because BC "dropped 10 balls". Not to mention our D held BC to FOUR rushing yards 

Edited by Dr Zaius

Reilly is a great QB, he will put up  yards many times this year. BC's receivers did let him down a couple times. But in saying that BC better figure out a run game or defences will figure out how to take away a pass only offence even with Reilly at the controls.  Chungh is worth what he is being payed, sad to see him leave but he is mean, and nasty right to the edge and just a great player.

Wpg. struggled in the secondary out of the gate but they did "settle in" as the game progressed. Harriss had a monster game he is still the key to us winning. Nichols showed mobility, which is great, Willis can play on edge, but It was nice to see him show some concern for Nichols after he hit him.  Speaking of hitting Nichols that young O-line looked pretty darn good, If Gray keeps up playing like he did, on the edge with no penalties he may become my new favorite. 

It was not a perfect game, but the Bombers won and at the end of the year W's are all that count.

I mean, he isn’t wrong. Nichols did what he was asked and had a perfectly fine game but he threw for 184 and left quite a few plays on the table. And that’s fine when the rest of the team is clicking but he’s still not the guy that’s going to take over a game and win it for you. Hopefully we don’t need that at any point this year. This Bomber team has a chance to be really, really good at almost every facet. And credit to him for protecting the ball and making a few plays. And for being more mobile than he looked at any point last year. But forgive me for not being all in on “2017 Nichols” being back. I think we will see over the course of this season that this B.C. defence is likely the worst in the league. 

Again, Nichols didn’t play bad, he just didn’t blow anyone away. Which is pretty much the best we can hope for from him. Careful and unspectacular. 

9 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Charles Barkley likes him.  That probably buys him a few more years in the booth.

Great game by the blue and gold.  Kept BC under 400 total yards offense in a dome which is good accomplishment.  Nichols was steady if unspectacular...didn't make any critical mistakes.  O-line appeared solid as usual.  Harris was great.  Hecht was a pleasant surprise..

LOL! Barkley loves Toronto, that's all. Go Blue!

29 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Balance?  I suppose you are right, sometimes Harris runs to the left instead of the right. Sometimes Matt throws a huge 2 yard pass to him, it isn't always a hand off.

Good Morning Ripper - I have no issue with your comments - they are just your opinion and that is what a forum is for. HOWEVER (note that I did cap the however) you are granted much more tolerance here on this site that I would get posting over to your teams site (Riderfans.com). I do post over there and am always careful to avoid any controversy. Their admin will block anyone that even appears to have any degree of anti Rider virus in their blood. Consider yourself lucky to be able to post to a site that allows for view points such as yours. 

9 hours ago, JCon said:

I absolutely love that Black and Forde spent so much time stroking Carter, just for him to duck out of a tough catch. Peak Carter right there. 

As someone else noted, it's just a matter of time before he comes off the rails. I'm sure he's already thinking that HE did enough to win this game and that the reason they lost was everyone else's fault. 

Why is Reilly struggling to win games?

Defenses have adjusted to him.  Defenses are holding him the pocket, playing quarters (4 DB's each covering deep quarter) and forcing him to be accurate in that 10-20 yard range.  He's not very accurate, he's a chucker.  He needs his receivers to have lots of room to work so he can leave the ball out and they can find it.  He doesn't play the mid-range game very well.  The offense designed and called for him is bombs and bubble screens.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Why is Reilly struggling to win games?

Defenses have adjusted to him.  Defenses are holding him the pocket, playing quarters (4 DB's each covering deep quarter) and forcing him to be accurate in that 10-20 yard range.  He's not very accurate, he's a chucker.  He needs his receivers to have lots of room to work so he can leave the ball out and they can find it.  He doesn't play the mid-range game very well.  The offense designed and called for him is bombs and bubble screens.

The drive with the 2 Burnham passes never should have happened.

Reilly threw a bad ball that our DBs misplayed and Burnham made a play. Then Reilly throws into double coverage and our DBs collide with each other and bounce off Burnham.

He made numerous throws into double coverage. Yards are not indicative of how he played.

15 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I mean, he isn’t wrong. Nichols did what he was asked and had a perfectly fine game but he threw for 184 and left quite a few plays on the table. And that’s fine when the rest of the team is clicking but he’s still not the guy that’s going to take over a game and win it for you. Hopefully we don’t need that at any point this year. This Bomber team has a chance to be really, really good at almost every facet. And credit to him for protecting the ball and making a few plays. And for being more mobile than he looked at any point last year. But forgive me for not being all in on “2017 Nichols” being back. I think we will see over the course of this season that this B.C. defence is likely the worst in the league. 

Again, Nichols didn’t play bad, he just didn’t blow anyone away. Which is pretty much the best we can hope for from him. Careful and unspectacular. 

The beauty of having a team not be built around a “guy that's going to take over a game and win it for you” is that if that player gets injured, the drop off shouldn’t be too substantial. Nichols is still our best QB, but if he goes down it’s not game over for the Bombers. If Reilly goes down in BC? Yikes. And he didn’t even win yesterday. Not to mention the other benefit that people often forget is that unlike BC and Calgary, we haven’t dedicated the majority of our salary cap to one player. The reason our team is well rounded is because we can afford to have it that way. Thank you Kyle Walters.