Bombers @ Lions GDT!!!!!!!Finally!!!

Nolby

Great game.  Bombers D-line was crushing the pocket early on.  If they are so bad then how come BC played max protect with 7 blockers for long stretches?

Definitely some miscues in the secondary made the zone coverage look especially soft at times, but seemed to get better as the game continued and Reilly started up with the desperate throws.  Fenner, Sayles  and Alexander had some good and some really bad moments.  I chalk it up to adrenaline and needing a few more games to gel as a unit.

Front 7 looked great, db's need some work Hecht had a career game, 3 new starters on the interior of the o line held their own,Chung you choose poorly, Medlock as usual had a good game both kicking and punting the ST's were leaky tonight, Nichols shed the rust Harris bashed and gashed, Woli is turning into a star, all in all a great start to a long long season.

A small sample size, but is anyone still worried about this OL? I’m not. 

Gray is giving some licks out there. 
Speller was one of the lead blocker on one of Harris big scamper. 
Couture didn’t have a bad snap.

...and helping Harris with 148 rushing yards for Harris. 

Them playing more minutes together will only help this OL get more chemistry.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

So I am just not a big complainer  about the media coverage of our local teams. I generally enjoy TSN, 1290,  Bob's  radio calls.....and so on. But that game last night was one of the worst I can remember. From the endless blathering on about that stupid burger ,chit chating on about nothing while the play was going on. The ridiculous unending stroking of Riley and his receivers. It really was like watching a Lions home broadcast.There were tons of Bombers that got mere casual comments that had outstanding games.That broadcast distracted from the game instead of enhancing the experience. Shame on TSN.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

A small sample size, but is anyone still worried about this OL? I’m not. 

Gray is giving some licks out there. 
Speller was one of the lead blocker on one of Harris big scamper. 
Couture didn’t have a bad snap.

...and helping Harris with 148 rushing yards for Harris. 

Them playing more minutes together will only help this OL get more chemistry.

They did a really nice job.  The game was pretty much in hand on that final drive, but I love watching us run the ball down the Lions throat, when everyone in the stadium knew we were going to run.  They had no answer.

Pigskin coverage

Outrageous play of the game?

Sayles block on the convert attempt when BC scored their TD,

Then

Alexander snags the ball and smartly tosses it back to Fenner who takes it all the way to the end zone for 2 points.

The Bombers tied the game at 23 and owned the Lions thereafter.

Huge shift in emotion and momentum.

So yes, Fenner got beat on that TD but it was he who deflected the ball for Hecht 1st interception.

And had 6 tackles..

We, who believed in Kiere Wilson, are smiling at his play. We hope he’s OK. And boy, is he fast, catching Burnham like that. Impressive.

8th round draft pick, Exumé. Bolts into the ST tackle lead with 5

Good sustained drives by the Bombers.

Andrew Harris is not finished.

Good call by Hecht to alert O’Shea to that pass that Reilly threw that hit the ground.

And you know what? That O-Line, that did so well yesterday, will only get better.

A real nice turnaround for Matt Nichols in that game. Threw some real beauty passes.

TOP Bombers 35:06

Total rushing yards for B.C. 4 , ahem, that’s total- 4

The league’s two $700,000 quarterbacks both lose at home in Week 1. - Rob Vanstone

1st time ever I heard of too many men...by both teams, on the same play.

Red zone production was rewarding last night for the Bombers..

2cz5a0z.jpg....... should I try to catch that? 

The question was posed:

Which winning team impressed you the most in Week ☝️

Response?  - Ottawa .........Really?

Nice to see Matthias Goossen at the game supporting his former team..

The #BCLions sold just 18,058 tickets to their season-opener. That's a 10 percent drop from last year's opener (20,182). #Bombers #CFL - John Hodge

Mike Reilly - 22/39    56.4%    324    1    2    56 lg

Matt Nichols- 21/33    63.6%    184    3    0    43 lg

Game of the week, and we won!

Edited by Mr Dee

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

4 rushing yards on 4 attempts. Great play calling in a back and forth 1 score game. Guess Claybrooks and company are just going to let Reilly heave it up 50 times a game and hope for the best. Good luck with that.

When does a MIke Reilly team ever run the ball?  I don't see this as a major feat.  That's about the same as stopping NIchols from manning up and standing in the pocket and passing

Edited by Ripper

Wasn't a big fan of the chicken dance. He should definitely tell Carter that he was a coward,  but I thought he was lucky to not to take a taunting penalty for the dance. 

He took a bad penalty after the 2nd int, too. He played very well, but maybe needs to tone it down after the whistle. Maybe it was just excess adrenaline for game 1.

Great game out of the gate...Still have some hiccups but overall I think we looked like the team to beat out of all of the play week one.....We tried to make a star returner out of the Leo's return guy,Rutley....We're still weak on coverage on occasion with regard to kick returns.......Reilly looked like Reilly for most of the game but our constant pressure from our D line caused him to throw a lot he'd like to have back...Nichols on the other hand was solid...Wolitarski is headed for a big year...Hope he's not too nic'd up after hitting his wrist on a helmet....ouch........Harris was Harris and watching him closely...he hasn't lost a step...The star of the game was Hecht....I don't know why we had so much negativity about him taking on the role vacated by Loffler...he was firing on all cylinders with 2 pics.....Particularly liked the chicken dance he was doing in Carter's face when Duran pulled up on the ball, with Hecht ready to lay a heavy on him...Liked what I saw last night and I think we can challenge anyone in the west for the top rung..Smiling faces today in Bomber Land

Edited by Stickem

5 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Wasn't a big fan of the chicken dance. He should definitely tell Carter that he was a coward,  but I thought he was lucky to not to take a taunting penalty for the dance. 

He took a bad penalty after the 2nd int, too. He played very well, but maybe needs to tone it down after the whistle. Maybe it was just excess adrenaline for game 1.

Its just part of what you get when you have Carter on your team.  He is all-over the map.   You will find that with Willie Jefferson this year

7 hours ago, StudentSection said:

What’s the reason we didn’t at least kick a field goal at the end of the game. We only play BC one more time and it could easily come down to point differential as a tie breaker on a 1-1 split. (Sorry if this has been talked about already)

I would have took 3 as well.

Just O'shea being respectful and not running up the score.

Love seeing Hecht come out of the gate flying and playing with confidence and swagger. He totally rattled Carter, conviced Osh to throw the challenge and had 2 INTS. Huuuge.

Safety was our biggest concern on D and he played way better than Loffler has in the last 2 years. 

Edited by Dr Zaius

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Nice fact checking, but it was only Ripper you proved wrong. I don't see that as a major feat...

How many 300 yard games did Reilly have?  12.  How many did Nichols have?  1.  Which team ran the ball and which team passed down field with it?  Gable got his carries in games when they were ahead. Running the ball was never their game plan.  No different than yesterday.  Genius game planning by Ritchie to be ready to shut the run down.  They only tried 4 times, I guess you scared them off. Meanwhile Reilly had no problem picking you apart for another 300 yard game.  Dam lucky for you the BC receivers dropped about 10 passes or it would have been worse. 

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

How many 300 yard games did Reilly have?  12.  How many did Nichols have?  1.  Which team ran the ball and which team passed down field with it?  Gable got his carries in games when they were ahead. Running the ball was never their game plan.  No different than yesterday.  Genius game planning by Ritchie to be ready to shut the run down.  They only tried 4 times, I guess you scared them off. Meanwhile Reilly had no problem picking you apart for another 300 yard game.  Dam lucky for you the BC receivers dropped about 10 passes or it would have been worse. 

A little more green with envy today there bud....The picking apart I saw was Hecht grabbing a couple of his throws...Nichols out played him last night ....Reilly would admit that...Throwing for big yardage means squat when you're on the short end of the score