Bombers @ Lions GDT!!!!!!!Finally!!!

Nolby

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Two interceptions and a chicken dance.....The Jeff Hecht Hat-trick.

I think it was Hecht that called demonstratively for MOS to challenge the catch that would have given the Leo’s a big first down. The review showed an incompletion and it seemed to suck BC’s enthusiasm at that point. 

46 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Black is ******* clueless.

Is he ever! Did you hear him at the end of the game say "Great White Forde ..."? Yikes! 

I did hear him refer to "inside the twenty" as the "Red Zone" so someone must have informed him of that. 

Why does TSN subject us to this guy? I don't know anyone that likes him.

Jefferson player well, got pressure often, dropped into coverage several times, and pulled White down for a loss with one hand. Unlike Sask last year, we happen to have other good D lineman so gotta spread the wealth. Faulting Jefferson for not having flashy numbers after one game is silly - Jeffcoat didn’t either, and that doesn’t change how good he is. 

Defence held BC to one touchdown. Take that kick return TD away and this is a 17 point blowout that B.C. was never in. 

Hecht’s second pick was an incredibly read by him, and an even more incredible catch. He hits hard, plays nasty, and trash talked Duron Carter. I’m happy to have him out there. 

Nichols and the Blue 100% in the red zone. He’ll be credited with three TDs on the statsheet but he orchestrated four (Woli inches shy of a hat trick). If this is what our O can do right now, i can’t wait to have Matthews out there. 

Always early to get excited, but we’re the only team that played this week that actually looked good on both sides of the ball. And unlike in year’s past, we protected a fourth quarter lead instead of folding and giving it up. Looks like the “experts” might actually be right about the Bombers. 1-0 this week, let’s go 1-0 again on June 27. 

Go Blue!

51 minutes ago, JCon said:

Let's not give Forde a pass tonight either. He's been nearly as horrible as Black. God awful. 

I regret not syncing up CJOB to my TV tonight. My bad. 

I'm giving him a break since he did eat that burger. 

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Nice way to start the season. Now can I get one of those burgers in Winnipeg to celebrate?

I'll settle for a Salisbury House cheeseburger with fried onions.

36 minutes ago, J5V said:

Is he ever! Did you hear him at the end of the game say "Great White Forde ..."? Yikes! 

I did hear him refer to "inside the twenty" as the "Red Zone" so someone must have informed him of that. 

Why does TSN subject us to this guy? I don't know anyone that likes him.

Charles Barkley likes him.  That probably buys him a few more years in the booth.

Great game by the blue and gold.  Kept BC under 400 total yards offense in a dome which is good accomplishment.  Nichols was steady if unspectacular...didn't make any critical mistakes.  O-line appeared solid as usual.  Harris was great.  Hecht was a pleasant surprise..

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Gray sure gets undr guys skin...on several plays he was in second level pancacking guys..Speller too...and as usual Yoshi..love how he plays

Our oline was damn good for first time together 

Yep they were great in run and pass blocking. Both sacks were coverage sacks when Nichols had to step forward and almost through the pocket. 

Also of note to add to the Burnham/Adams debate from earlier today: Burnham was the most targeted receiver in the first week of play, and had less receptions than Adams, who wasn’t event top ten most targeted.