Bombers @ Lions GDT!!!!!!!Finally!!!

Nolby

Expecting Harris to have a huge game versus Herdman...

I think our DL dominates their OL 

I'm sure OSH will be on the ST squad about 'details' after the gong show debuts by every other team

On paper, we should be the better team everywhere except receiving core - but even that is debatable

27 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Expecting Harris to have a huge game versus Herdman...

I think our DL dominates their OL 

I'm sure OSH will be on the ST squad about 'details' after the gong show debuts by every other team

On paper, we should be the better team everywhere except receiving core - but even that is debatable

On paper, BC has a better receiving corps and a better QB. No debate about either.

Winnipeg at BC

- Matt Nichols is 5-3 in his 8 starts for Winnipeg against BC; this will be Mike Reilly's first-ever start for BC against Winnipeg.

- The Lions offence will feature at least 6 NEW STARTERS in 2019. The 6 returning starters are anchored by 4 on the O-Line.

- BC's defence is likely to have at least 5 NEW STARTERS in 2019 for a total that is almost half of the game opening lineup.

- Of the 24 players that started the West Final for Winnipeg, 16 have returned to the Club in 2019.

- Only 2 clubs have a 2019 roster with more prior games of CFL experience than Winnipeg: EDM 2,532 SSK 2,453 WPG 2,337 - 

- The Bombers roster has more players with 5+ years of CFL experience than ANY other club. They feature 16 players in Year #6+. 

- CFL Game Notes

16 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

On paper, BC has a better receiving corps and a better QB. No debate about either.

I know you just want to argue... but Burnham/Adams were absolutely comparable last year - we just consistently undervalue Darvin Adams for some reason

The rest of the core is a crapshoot - basically if Carter shows up they are better... but 200+ yards over half a season is a big question mark

if you include Harris out of the backfield... I'll take him as a receiving option over Rutley any day

Woli and Demski are both far better than Durant 

37 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Did you look at the depth chart?  It might make you revisit the receiving corps comment.  Burnham, Carter and Durant.  All have failed in their roles, Burnham struggled to make the step from #2 target to #1, Carter has failed all around, Durant couldn't keep a role in Calgary.

No kidding. Durant gets so much hype for his talent but he hardly did a thing with multiple opportunities in Calgary. Carter is a mediocre import, turned into a star by TSN because of his father and his personality. Burnham is really good, but he's really the only guy to worry about. Shaq Johnson is fine, but won't burn any team and the last guy is a Canadian making his first career start. This Lions team is Reilly. Plain and simple.

Lions are going to rely on Mike Reilly to pull something out of his ass to win if you ask me. They are very over rated just because of his signing. Reilly being the best QB in the league didn't get Edmonton to the playoffs last year, I am skeptical if he can do it in BC with what I think is a worse team around him. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Lions are going to rely on Mike Reilly to pull something out of his ass to win if you ask me. They are very over rated just because of his signing. Reilly being the best QB in the league didn't get Edmonton to the playoffs last year, I am skeptical if he can do it in BC with what I think is a worse team around him. 

Can you imagine what we'd be saying if the Bombers were starting Dom Termansen at corner, Herdman-Reed in the middle, a rookie Canadian RT, Brandon Rutley at running back and two complete unknowns at SAM/WIL?

You're bang on. The Lions are FULL of question marks.

Just now, Mike said:

Can you imagine what we'd be saying if the Bombers were starting Dom Termansen at corner, Herdman-Reed in the middle, a rookie Canadian RT, Brandon Rutley at running back and two complete unknowns at SAM/WIL?

Maleki Harris is really good. The rest, UGLY.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Considering they emptied the bank to get him,not likely they'll have high end pieces in other departments.

Edited by Nolby

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

And Hunter Steward at centre.  Had a hell of time with shotgun snaps in the pre-season game I watched.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I looked at their depth chart on D and I laughed. That's not the kind of defense that gets the praise that team is getting.