Montreal @ Edmonton

Which is it? 

Montreal’s defensive line pressure is putrid 

Or

Edmonton is doing a good job of protecting Harris.

Watching Edmonton beat Montreal shows me Saskatchewan is practically a shoo-in for last place in the West 

Mad man Maas is a reflection of calmness tonight. Wait. What did I just say?

I belong in the 1.67% category...

Can you spell Production:

COLLINS, Ricky    9    175

GABLE, CJ        20    154

HARRIS, Trevor 32/41    78.0%    447    3

Pipkin held onto the ball way too long. Huge difference when Adams came in. I don’t fault Adams for the late pick, in one quarter he did a game’s worth of work digging the team out of a hole. 

Of the teams that have played, best to worst:

Edmonton

Hamilton

Montreal

Saskatchewan

Ill give the TiCats a pass because Sask *should have a good défense. Had Adams started for Montreal and played the full game the way he played that fourth quarter, I’d swap Montreal and Hamilton. Montreal’s defence gave up way too much, though. Without a couple bad turnovers by Edmonton, this game would’ve been a blowout. 

Harris will produce this year - he has been freed from Elizondo and Campbell - Maas has a great offensive mind...

For a first game Edmonton looked good - I’m calling 11-7 - Harris has a good OL

montreal ‘could’ gel... or could implode - D looked pretty weak but the team hung around TIL the end...

19 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Good game, entertaining football, happy to see CFL football back, full stop.

Whiners got to whine, ***** and moan about everything.

Yeah I’ll take last night and tonight’s games over no games/offseason anyway. Next up: Winnipeg @ BC!!!

43 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Harris will produce this year - he has been freed from Elizondo and Campbell - Maas has a great offensive mind...

For a first game Edmonton looked good - I’m calling 11-7 - Harris has a good OL

montreal ‘could’ gel... or could implode - D looked pretty weak but the team hung around TIL the end...

and what about the defense? Harris produced in Ottawa too, but lots of yards and a close game seems like he's the same guy he was in Ottawa too. Edmonton will be a middling team. Sometimes they'll look good sometimes they won't. That defense based on tonight isn't going to help them at all. 

I don't blame Harris at all for the score.... two terrible fumbles by Edmonton really made this game closer then it should of been.

Vernon Adams dear lord those throws off his back foot were the ugliest throws I've ever seen since Russ Michna. Good god was he terrible,  even when he had time to throw he lobbed a ball sky high but with no distance.  I'd cut him and hire anyone else (Bennett) in an instant. Fackin terrible qb.

Edmonton was ridiculously undisciplined.   Harris looked great to me.  Had a lot of protection. 

I was not impressed at all with the Montreal secondary... way to soft.

Montreal is terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible,  I'll be amazed if they win any games this season.

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't blame Harris at all for the score.... two terrible fumbles by Edmonton really made this game closer then it should of been.

Vernon Adams dear lord those throws off his back foot were the ugliest throws I've ever seen since Russ Michna. Good god was he terrible,  even when he had time to throw he lobbed a ball sky high but with no distance.  I'd cut him and hire anyone else (Bennett) in an instant. Fackin terrible qb.

Edmonton was ridiculously undisciplined.   Harris looked great to me.  Had a lot of protection. 

I was not impressed at all with the Montreal secondary... way to soft.

Montreal is terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible,  I'll be amazed if they win any games this season.

This is the one factor that may prevent Montreal from becoming more of the competitive team that Khari was talking about.

Mike Sherman's guy Bob Slowik got brought in, and as a Packer fan I can tell you he brought in some of the worst defenses I ever saw.  He won't last more than one season in this league I'll tell you.

That was actually a very entertaining game! I will definitely be cheering for the Als this year and more specifically Khari. 

Vernon Adams made one reeally nice play when he stood in the pocket as it was collapsing and made a nice throw. Lots of bad decisions and forcing the football though, maybe Khari can get through to these guys.

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

and what about the defense? Harris produced in Ottawa too, but lots of yards and a close game seems like he's the same guy he was in Ottawa too. Edmonton will be a middling team. Sometimes they'll look good sometimes they won't. That defense based on tonight isn't going to help them at all. 

Well I have a hard time criticizing Harris' four TDs... so I'd call that production

Edmonton's front was all over Montreal's OL - but that might not mean much...  either way Benevides is gone and that's a good thing

Every first game has a bit of rust...  just wait until tonight with our new OL interior and two new slotbacks...  vs BC's completely underwhelming D...  that's going to be interesting