Montreal @ Edmonton

I hope this game is at least less injury filled and has some good stuff to watch.  I picked Edmonton to win this because I think Khari's going to be captain of a ship with leaky holes in it and is being hampered by an abysmal failure of a GM to boot.  But at the same time, who knows.  Pipkin does have some raw athletic talent that can make games interesting when given the chance.  If I'm wrong on this pick, I don't mind.

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

faint praise if ever I heard it

well, I'm sort of curious if Montreal takes this "Errrybody hate us" thing and rally behind it big time (who better than a Dave Ritchie disciple in Khari to do it...) but I still don't believe in Pipkin or anyone else they have behind C, and as we all know, if you don't have at least a competent QB, you don't get anywhere in this league...

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

well, I'm sort of curious if Montreal takes this "Errrybody hate us" thing and rally behind it big time (who better than a Dave Ritchie disciple in Khari to do it...) but I still don't believe in Pipkin or anyone else they have behind C, and as we all know, if you don't have at least a competent QB, you don't get anywhere in this league...

so what you're saying is the Montreal season is going to be: 

5987f80b82c32a6caed11397e854509b.jpg

The X-factor might be Trevor Harris if what we saw from last year holds to be true.  One of those guys who would pick apart defenses right and left in one game and then stink up the joint the next.  If the bad or mediocre Harris shows up, MTL has a chance.  But if the elite one shows, this game could be a blowout for EDM.

Tire fire and Kavis led, I still think I’ll cheer for the Als as the eastern underdog this year. Love Khari and don’t want to see any team fall apart (except the Riders), plus I’m one of the few that really digs their new colours and logo, so when they’re not playing us, I’ll cheer for them. Besides, once the Bombers start steamrolling everyone it’ll get tired cheering for the top team week in and week out. Need to have a loser to cheer for too!

14 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

1.67% That’s the club I’m in. The only one picking the ‘louettes’ to surprise the Eskimos. More of a hunch than anything, but this news is encouraging for my odds..

I didn't know half those guys played in Edmonton. The CFL needs to get rid of the one year contracts and reinstate the option year, that's fair for the players and better for fan engagement. 

36 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

1.67% That’s the club I’m in. The only one picking the ‘louettes’ to surprise the Eskimos. More of a hunch than anything, but this news is encouraging for my odds..

Who's Bond's backup?  Al's defensive coordinator may want to take notes.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

even more crucial, Sir Vincent Rodgers out indefinitely with a torn bicep or somesuch....so much for your blindside tackle.

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

I didn't know half those guys played in Edmonton. The CFL needs to get rid of the one year contracts and reinstate the option year, that's fair for the players and better for fan engagement. 

I'm curious to know which half you were unaware of.  The two that were with Edmonton last season or the two that signed as free agents (and you should have known about 1 of those 2).  

Either way, I'm not sure what 1 year deals have to do with things since all 4 just played or are playing in multiple seasons with the same team.