Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jpan85

Kevin Glenn Retires

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

surprising because I was certain that someone would air lift him in as an emergency at some point in the season. Perhaps that's still a plan? 

Yeah Idk if there is an advantage for him in retiring, But I would stay sharp if I was him. Hes one injury away from starting in this league still. He could be the qb2/3 for 3/4s of the league if not more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just saying the other day that I didn't think he'd retire, ever. So obviously this comes as a surprise to me.

Had his best years here as a Bomber (and probably should retire a Bomber). Thanks KG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah Idk if there is an advantage for him in retiring, But I would stay sharp if I was him. Hes one injury away from starting in this league still. He could be the qb2/3 for 3/4s of the league if not more. 

How many passes has the dude thrown in the past 3 years though? Correct me if I'm wrong but: Wpg- minimal, Sask-50% of snaps, Edm-Zero. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

How many passes has the dude thrown in the past 3 years though? Correct me if I'm wrong but: Wpg- minimal, Sask-50% of snaps, Edm-Zero. 

Sounds about right. But old qbs can be like that. Big gaps in play and still produce a lot better then guys who have never been pro starters. The gap between Experienced starting qbs and ones with minimal pro experience is one of the biggest in sports. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised because he could really help some teams and stands to make some money by being an emergency replacement for a team that loses a QB and believes they are in the hunt.  There really is no reason for him to announce his retirement unless he wants to make it clear that he is not going to consider that option.

He has had a hell of a career and should leave the game with no regrets.  He has conducted himself with a lot more class than several of he situations deserved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah Idk if there is an advantage for him in retiring, But I would stay sharp if I was him. Hes one injury away from starting in this league still. He could be the qb2/3 for 3/4s of the league if not more. 

Injuries nothing, he could walk into Ottawa or Montreal right now and be the unquestioned starter, Saskatchewan  too probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Sounds about right. But old qbs can be like that. Big gaps in play and still produce a lot better then guys who have never been pro starters. The gap between Experienced starting qbs and ones with minimal pro experience is one of the biggest in sports. 

 

He might physically be able to put a few series together, but for a QB who was notorious for folding with the yips when he was in his prime....well. I don't know of any athlete who becomes less anxious with age. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Injuries nothing, he could walk into Ottawa or Montreal right now and be the unquestioned starter, Saskatchewan  too probably.

Thats true. Though I think montreal will be alright with development. I bet he would be the starter by LD in To as well. 

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

He might physically be able to put a few series together, but for a QB who was notorious for folding with the yips when he was in his prime....well. I don't know of any athlete who becomes less anxious with age. 

Eh Hank was the same was for a long time. Damon allens best passing came waaaay past his prime as well. 

Im not saying he would be a great option, but a whooole lot better then the alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Would his rights stay with last team he played with?   Esks?

i think he is/was a free agent at end of year no...so you guys are free to scoop him up when collaros goes down and Fajardo shows how awful he is as a number 2  😎😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Booch said:

i think he is/was a free agent at end of year no...so you guys are free to scoop him up when collaros goes down and Fajardo shows how awful he is as a number 2  😎😎

How can you say that.   I have it on good authority, this Fajardo is far better than, say Streveler....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, do or die said:

How can you say that.   I have it on good authority, this Fajardo is far better than, say Streveler....

yes I read that somewhere too hahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...