Kevin Glenn Retires

Jpan85

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

I actually did quite well in math, how did you do in reading?   I said nearly identical, I didn't specifically pick one number and claim it to be fact. I looked at all of them at the same time, you should try it some time. You will get better at it with some practice.    Both played 14 games,  3146 yards versus 2999 yards.  392 att =254 comp versus 382 att = 234 comp.  8 yard average versus 7.9.  18 tds 13 int versus 9td  13int.  Basically the chubby one threw 9 more tds.  career overall numbers are also very close.  It wasn't a secret last year our offense was having trouble scoring, anyone who has ever played team sports knows its never one thing.  A variety of factors goes into success on the field or on the ice

whats their win loss records though over the past 4 years...and who's the chubby one?

so the same except for the massive difference in scoring and turning the ball over... I think you need to re-evaluate what you want out of your quarterback. 

Let's not forget that Streveller got a lot of reps, especially in the red zone, while NIchols was playing? Which will lower a guys overall numbers. Collaros was a steaming bag of ****, Nichols was also poor compared to the standard he set, but still clearly better than Collaros. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

whats their win loss records though over the past 4 years...and who's the chubby one?

NIchols.  I thought that was obvious. lol.  I don't know win loss records I never bothered to look it up.  My point is the stats don't overwhelmingly favor either guy.  I actually don't like either. I'm not a big fan of Collaros but understand why he is here, need a vet.  Nichols is overhyped beyond belief, he will never win a cup as a starter, not good enough

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

so the same except for the massive difference in scoring and turning the ball over... I think you need to re-evaluate what you want out of your quarterback. 

They both threw 13 interceptions, so not sure what you are getting at with turning the ball over.  What I want out of my qb is a lot more than either of these two qb's can provide.  Nichols was crying when the fans boo'd him, ya he is a leader alright. 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I actually did quite well in math, how did you do in reading?   I said nearly identical, I didn't specifically pick one number and claim it to be fact. I looked at all of them at the same time, you should try it some time. You will get better at it with some practice.    Both played 14 games,  3146 yards versus 2999 yards.  392 att =254 comp versus 382 att = 234 comp.  8 yard average versus 7.9.  18 tds 13 int versus 9td  13int.  Basically the chubby one threw 9 more tds.  career overall numbers are also very close.  It wasn't a secret last year our offense was having trouble scoring, anyone who has ever played team sports knows its never one thing.  A variety of factors goes into success on the field or on the ice

Fine, on some things they are close but Nichols has thrown for more tds per game, thrown less picks per game, thrown for more yards per game and has won more games over the past three seasons. Nichols has also gone to the playoffs all three years and didn't get replaced by his back up in one of those seasons. At this point, Nichols is a better QB and is trending in a better direction.

For sure it is never one thing but in football the lack of a QB kills you, just like the lack of a point guard kills you in basketball.

17 hours ago, Ripper said:

My point is he isn't any better than Collaros.  Neither will lead a team to a cup win. You are commenting that Glenn is better than Collaros, what about Nichols??  same argument could easily be made

Unless Nichols regresses further, he is definitely better than Collaros.  The numbers back it up.  Take off those green goggles.

On 2019-06-13 at 11:24 AM, Ripper said:

They both threw 13 interceptions, so not sure what you are getting at with turning the ball over.  What I want out of my qb is a lot more than either of these two qb's can provide.  Nichols was crying when the fans boo'd him, ya he is a leader alright. 

I'll take the 18 TDS vs 9TDs in one less game over the 13 picks each.

you also have to remembe our "back-up" accounted for 21 additional TD's...more than I think your QB's combined..6 or so of which were a result of his starts, but the remainder were direct result of Nichols putting us in that spot to score...how many additinal TD's did ZC set the Riders up for?...ummm...me thinks...zero

1 minute ago, The Classic said:

Love when ripper talks about doing quite well in math... in Saskatchewan 🙄. Most complex math they work out is how many branches away their wife is on the family tree.

Now, in fairness, when you consider the number of loop backs the average family tree has in Sakatchewan, the calculations can get quite challenging.