Kevin Glenn Retires

Jpan85

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Well actually Nichols is quite a lot better than Collaros. But go ahead, let me see your argument, it's been a long day and I could use a laugh.

I've been at it with the entire site already today about Ambrosie cheating to help you guys. I'm tired too. Tomorrow I'll regroup with some hard facts and evidence to support my position. 

7 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

How many passes has the dude thrown in the past 3 years though? Correct me if I'm wrong but: Wpg- minimal, Sask-50% of snaps, Edm-Zero. 

2016 (MTL) - 9 GP - 222/314 for 2,547 yards, 13 TDs, 11 INTs

2016 (WPG) - 1 GP, 2/4 for 16 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs

2017 (SSK) - 17 GP, 318/468 for 4,038 yards, 25 TDs, 14 INTs

So in total, 786 attempts in the last 3 years... in 2016 SSK had a combined 610 passing attempts, so a bit more than half (468/610 = 76%).. though it should be noted that this number likely understates the total passing plays on the year (for example, if a QB got sacked, it wouldn't count as a passing attempt)

14 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I've been at it with the entire site already today about Ambrosie cheating to help you guys. I'm tired too. Tomorrow I'll regroup with some hard facts and evidence to support my position. 

So you wanna make it back to back days talking out your ass? You gotta go back years to find a time Collaros was worth anything, and it certainly hasn't ever been in Saskatchewan. I anxiously await these so called hard facts. 

7 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

2016 (MTL) - 9 GP - 222/314 for 2,547 yards, 13 TDs, 11 INTs

2016 (WPG) - 1 GP, 2/4 for 16 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs

2017 (SSK) - 17 GP, 318/468 for 4,038 yards, 25 TDs, 14 INTs

So in total, 786 attempts in the last 3 years... in 2016 SSK had a combined 610 passing attempts, so a bit more than half (468/610 = 76%).. though it should be noted that this number likely understates the total passing plays on the year (for example, if a QB got sacked, it wouldn't count as a passing attempt)

I forgot about Montreal. Are you able to dig up his 2018 numbers? It's tough to gauge the last 3 years without that stat. 

29 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

He's the perfect candidate to retire as a CFL QB representing the league. Get a jersey made of all the teams. 

I could get my Nana to make him one of her patchwork quilts for the induction ceremonies. (He could drape it over his Tim's t-shirt) A relevant and practical choice. 

Glenn was as much a victim of circumstance as anything. It didn't help that he was a laid-back person who didn't get all twisted up over every loss or get in the faces of team mates who under-performed.. He had a healthy perspective about what was important and what was not and that was seen by many as apathy. He deserved better but life is life.

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

So you wanna make it back to back days talking out your ass? You gotta go back years to find a time Collaros was worth anything, and it certainly hasn't ever been in Saskatchewan. I anxiously await these so called hard facts. 

So if you actually look at their numbers, nearly identical last year as well over their career's.  Don't see a strong argument on your end to make your claim that Nichols is clearly better. The evidence is just not there, pain and simple

I could care less about the stats...I want my guy to give the team a chance to win and just play smart..othe than that 3 -4 game brain fart episode by Nichols last year all he has done is basically that..won, or had us in spots to win and if not for a sad sack defense his first year and a bit as a starter here he'd have even ore wins..as he was putting up 30 and more points a lot of games and still lost..thats not on him...I dont feel like looking it up but as it sits now his winning percentage as a starter here is well above .600

Collaros I think just doesn't have it anymore and is playing scared and isn't mentally tough enough anymore...his record last year sure was 10-6 or something as the starter but that 9 td's and 13 int's didn't get that record, and I think 4 or 5 games were won by a touch down or less and if the defense didn't score any in those games, well they'd been losses...

13 minutes ago, Ripper said:

So if you actually look at their numbers, nearly identical last year as well over their career's.  Don't see a strong argument on your end to make your claim that Nichols is clearly better. The evidence is just not there, pain and simple

Go back and read the stats, I posted earlier, you're wrong.

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

I could care less about the stats...I want my guy to give the team a chance to win and just play smart..othe than that 3 -4 game brain fart episode by Nichols last year all he has done is basically that..won, or had us in spots to win and if not for a sad sack defense his first year and a bit as a starter here he'd have even ore wins..as he was putting up 30 and more points a lot of games and still lost..thats not on him...I dont feel like looking it up but as it sits now his winning percentage as a starter here is well above .600

Collaros I think just doesn't have it anymore and is playing scared and isn't mentally tough enough anymore...his record last year sure was 10-6 or something as the starter but that 9 td's and 13 int's didn't get that record, and I think 4 or 5 games were won by a touch down or less and if the defense didn't score any in those games, well they'd been losses...

30-15 since he became the number in 2016. Even with 2015 disaster of a season he is 32-20

20 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

18 td passes versus 9 td passes is identical? Flunked math did we?

I actually did quite well in math, how did you do in reading?   I said nearly identical, I didn't specifically pick one number and claim it to be fact. I looked at all of them at the same time, you should try it some time. You will get better at it with some practice.    Both played 14 games,  3146 yards versus 2999 yards.  392 att =254 comp versus 382 att = 234 comp.  8 yard average versus 7.9.  18 tds 13 int versus 9td  13int.  Basically the chubby one threw 9 more tds.  career overall numbers are also very close.  It wasn't a secret last year our offense was having trouble scoring, anyone who has ever played team sports knows its never one thing.  A variety of factors goes into success on the field or on the ice

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The results will speak for themselves. Nichols cried himself all the way to the WF after he walked over the riders the last 2 times he played them. Including Collaros and his fantastic performance in that shut out.

**** the riders, **** their fans. 2-16 starts tonight.

1-0 starts tonight