Kevin Glenn Retires

Jpan85

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

surprising because I was certain that someone would air lift him in as an emergency at some point in the season. Perhaps that's still a plan? 

Yeah Idk if there is an advantage for him in retiring, But I would stay sharp if I was him. Hes one injury away from starting in this league still. He could be the qb2/3 for 3/4s of the league if not more. 

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah Idk if there is an advantage for him in retiring, But I would stay sharp if I was him. Hes one injury away from starting in this league still. He could be the qb2/3 for 3/4s of the league if not more. 

How many passes has the dude thrown in the past 3 years though? Correct me if I'm wrong but: Wpg- minimal, Sask-50% of snaps, Edm-Zero. 

2 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

How many passes has the dude thrown in the past 3 years though? Correct me if I'm wrong but: Wpg- minimal, Sask-50% of snaps, Edm-Zero. 

Sounds about right. But old qbs can be like that. Big gaps in play and still produce a lot better then guys who have never been pro starters. The gap between Experienced starting qbs and ones with minimal pro experience is one of the biggest in sports. 

I am surprised because he could really help some teams and stands to make some money by being an emergency replacement for a team that loses a QB and believes they are in the hunt.  There really is no reason for him to announce his retirement unless he wants to make it clear that he is not going to consider that option.

He has had a hell of a career and should leave the game with no regrets.  He has conducted himself with a lot more class than several of he situations deserved.

57 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Injuries nothing, he could walk into Ottawa or Montreal right now and be the unquestioned starter, Saskatchewan  too probably.

28 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Sounds about right. But old qbs can be like that. Big gaps in play and still produce a lot better then guys who have never been pro starters. The gap between Experienced starting qbs and ones with minimal pro experience is one of the biggest in sports. 

He might physically be able to put a few series together, but for a QB who was notorious for folding with the yips when he was in his prime....well. I don't know of any athlete who becomes less anxious with age. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Injuries nothing, he could walk into Ottawa or Montreal right now and be the unquestioned starter, Saskatchewan  too probably.

Thats true. Though I think montreal will be alright with development. I bet he would be the starter by LD in To as well. 

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

He might physically be able to put a few series together, but for a QB who was notorious for folding with the yips when he was in his prime....well. I don't know of any athlete who becomes less anxious with age. 

Eh Hank was the same was for a long time. Damon allens best passing came waaaay past his prime as well. 

Im not saying he would be a great option, but a whooole lot better then the alternative.

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Would his rights stay with last team he played with?   Esks?

i think he is/was a free agent at end of year no...so you guys are free to scoop him up when collaros goes down and Fajardo shows how awful he is as a number 2  😎😎

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

i think he is/was a free agent at end of year no...so you guys are free to scoop him up when collaros goes down and Fajardo shows how awful he is as a number 2  😎😎

How can you say that.   I have it on good authority, this Fajardo is far better than, say Streveler....