Riders @ TiCats: 2019 Kickoff

Well, unlike last year, when Saskatchewan benefited from ‘gifted’ TDs, they failed with their first chance this year..

But it wasn’t because Hamilton outplayed them, it was they got a better return on a Williams investment.

25 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Not sold on Harker yet. Reminds me of a lot of third stringers who come in and the defence has no idea his throwing motions or reads. Could end up being a good QB in time but could be a bust.

And then he throws a pick. 

He has some decent touch, but I definitely knew he was no Streveler

Surprised at how little Thigpen is used.  Not primary KR you'd think he'd get a lot more touches in a game where you get down to your 3rd QB since he's a guy who is pretty low risk to get the ball to and capable of big plays.

Riders have a few imports who bring nothing to their roster, won't be hard to find a spot for a OL.

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Ahem.

Player safety demands that Lawrence be suspended.

Right?

I am disgusted.  gonna take some time off from all this. How can we have a serious professional football league and allow this to happen. Don't care that we lost, that happens. Head shot against Rider QB's is becoming a joke. Unacceptable, no excuse for this

49 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I am ok with masoli being trash. Guy should never be mentioned among the top QBs.

Suitor said he was right up their with Reilly and Mitchell during the 3rd quarter!

I think tonight was the first time ever TSN didn't drool and show Hughes and his goofy picture and blabbed about how great he is (was).    That guy was completely invisible all night long. 

I also thought that the Riders o-line fell apart the moment Bladek went out of the game.  If Powell gets hurt then yikes that team will be in for a long season.

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I am disgusted.  gonna take some time off from all this. How can we have a serious professional football league and allow this to happen. Don't care that we lost, that happens. Head shot against Rider QB's is becoming a joke. Unacceptable, no excuse for this

You can't stop plays from happening. You can deal with them after the fact. 

16 minutes ago, Ripper said:

"Against Rider QB's" seems a bit dramatic. Each team deals with cheap shots. When the Riders stop, then complain. 

16 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I do recall laughing and poking fun from Rider fans when Buck constantly got his noggin smacked. 

It's not just Rider QBs. It's a league wide problem. 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Only Rider QBs eh? 

I do feel like adjustments need to be made to rtp. 

Maybe all rtp plays should be reviewed by the command center and if a hit is deemed malicious the offending player is immediately ejected and suspended pending review for length. 

I think it'd have to be a finite type of play to qualify, long after the ball leave qbs hand (think Ed philion hitting khari late) and hook sliding on a run. No excuse to hit a qb or any one in that kind of circumstance.