Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

6 hours ago, JCon said:

I'm not really sure what you're saying... According to the CFL transactions, nothing has been done to Gaitor yet. I assume they will suspend him prior to the WSF. They likely haven't had to do anything so far, since he was one-gamed for game 18.

But if you won't change your role when asked, I consider that "quiting". 

I do too (think he quit), but you said he was "canned" so I was looking for clarification. He's listed as being on the IR and to add to the confusion one report says his role was changed and another says his position was changed. 

One of the biggest lies in pro sports is that you don't lose your position due to injury. That may very well have happened here too but I just don't know. I do know the timing of this sucks.

On 2019-11-07 at 4:55 PM, AKAChip said:

Very odd that a player would choose to be nowhere than have a reduced role going into the playoffs. 

Very odd indeed. 

On 2019-11-07 at 5:01 PM, blue_gold_84 said:

Hey Anthony...

Related image

So Gaitor gets no chance to defend himself? He's automatically a jerk?

On 2019-11-07 at 5:12 PM, M.O.A.B. said:

What position is he being switched to. He played very well in the SAM position and I think he should be back there after the injury.

Rios didnt played well there. Maston only played there last games, I think. 

Another stupid move by MOS.

MOS sure isn't saying much about this.

On 2019-11-08 at 9:15 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

O'Shea obviously backing up the wishes of his DC Hall. 

Haven't heard a peep from Hall on this. 

On 2019-11-08 at 9:21 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

This. And how can anyone try and put a decision made by a player on the coach? Gaitor feels he's bigger than the team, decided not to accept a different role, and chose to be a clown and bail on the team. That's on him and him alone.

No single player is ever bigger than the team.

Just curious but does it make sense that Gaitor just quit the team for no reason other than a role/position change? I mean, sure, it's possible, but it doesn't pass the smell test to me. I'd sure like to have been a fly on the wall and heard both sides of that conversation. 

But in the CFL the coach is the supreme commander and whatever he says goes. We have only heard O'Shea's side of it and he is being extremely terse with the one-word answers.

I hope one day we get to hear Gaitor's side of the story. I mean, he was, after all, a Blue Bomber player. I think he's deserves better from us than immediate condemnation. Then and only then might I make a determination as to whether or not he made a selfish decision.

22 minutes ago, JCon said:

He wouldn't do what the coach said to do. Get the 'ef out. 

Go ahead and die on this hill. 

There are far more important things happening than the fate of a quitter. 

I'm just saying I'd like to hear both sides before passing judgment. I don't understand the hate.

DATE TEAM NAME POS A/N/G COLLEGE ACTION STATUS

2019-11-09 WPG KNIGHT, Trevor QB N New Hampshire Add To Free Agent

2019-11-09 WPG HALLETT, Nick DB N Toronto Transfer To Injured

2019-11-09 WPG COUTURE, Michael OL N Simon Fraser Transfer To Injured

2019-11-09 WPG WILLIAMS, Darrell OL A South Florida Extend On Injured

2019-11-09 WPG ROH, Craig DL A Michigan Extend On Injured

2019-11-09 WPG REMPEL, Chad LS N Saskatchewan Extend On Injured

2019-11-09 WPG GRIFFITHS, Connor DL N UBC Extend On Injured

2019-11-09 WPG GRAY, Geoff OL N Manitoba Extend On Injured

2019-11-09 WPG GAITOR, Anthony LB N Florida International Extend On Injured

2019-11-09 WPG FENNER, Chandler DB N Holy Cross Extend On Injured

2019-11-09 WPG STREVELER, Chris QB A South Dakota Add From Injured Active Roster

2019-11-09 WPG ELI, Tavita OL N Hawaii Add From Injured Active Roster

2019-11-09 WPG BRIGGS, Jesse LB N McGill Add From Injured Active Roster

2019-11-09 WPG JANKE, Dexter LB N Saskatchewan Extend On Injured

2019-11-08 WPG KNIGHT, Trevor QB N New Hampshire Delete From Active Free Agent

Edited by JCon

On 2019-11-09 at 10:54 PM, J5V said:

So Gaitor gets no chance to defend himself? He's automatically a jerk?

Damn right he doesn't. You don't bail on your team. It's unprofessional, disrespectful, and childish. That's a solid jerkstore move. What exactly is there to defend, anyway?

I'm condemning what he did - and that alone. 

Gaitor was getting paid a pittance really. I am thinking he wanted to go back to SAM and hope he could parlez that into a more lucrative extension this offseason. When that went off the table he decided to stay home with his new fiance and try to force his release. Maybe he has designs on the XFL?

51 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Gaitor was getting paid a pittance really. I am thinking he wanted to go back to SAM and hope he could parlez that into a more lucrative extension this offseason. When that went off the table he decided to stay home with his new fiance and try to force his release. Maybe he has designs on the XFL?

His initial contract was very team-friendly but he had signed an extension in January.  I haven't seen anything reported about the numbers of his new deal. 

His initial deal had a low base (60k) so maybe there were bonuses that he didn't think he'd get with the role change and decided it wasn't worth coming back.