Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

8 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I never missed the point... .I just don't know anything about Gaitors private life or his values or anything about him,  so I know I ain't  gonna judge his decision publicly in a place like this.  Not without a ton of more info anyway...

Yet you claim to be an expert on genetics when it comes to Matt Nichols.  You are such a Image result for mosquito buzzing

3 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

On their play.   ...and anyways does this move by Gaitor open a spot for the next man ?....who is gonna get an opportunity to play more because of this .....an maybe earn a spot next year ?

Neither Gaitor or Rios played last game, they have already been replaced by Maston and Nick Taylor on the roster.

19 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

What difference does it make why Gaitor is no longer here?  The back and forth on this is really pointless... He didn't want to be here, so piss off.

Gaitor is in the final year of a three-year contract with the #Bombers. For a high-end veteran, his base salary was a bargain at under 60k in 2019.

One of @PentonKirk's anonymous insiders in @TheAthletic recently said Gaitor was the best strongside linebacker in the CFL.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Gaitor is in the final year of a three-year contract with the #Bombers. For a high-end veteran, his base salary was a bargain at under 60k in 2019.

One of @PentonKirk's anonymous insiders in @TheAthletic recently said Gaitor was the best strongside linebacker in the CFL.

Hmm, wasn't this only the second year Gaitor has been here? I'm pretty sure it's not the "third".

1 minute ago, blue_or_die said:

Hmm, wasn't this only the second year Gaitor has been here? I'm pretty sure it's not the "third".

Yeah, Bauming is messed up. 

The Bombers extended him last off-season, adding two years. He still had another year left. 

Source: https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/01/23/bombers-extend-contract-defensive-back-anthony-gaitor/

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

The Bombers extended him last off-season, adding two years. He still had another year left. 

Source: https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/01/23/bombers-extend-contract-defensive-back-anthony-gaitor/

I heard a radio interview with Penton a few months back and I could not believe how out of touch he was with the current CFL.  I'm guessing his insiders are somewhere between Knute Rockne and Jackie Parker.

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

Darring Bauming is such an idiot. And apparently can't research jack ****.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Has he been officially released?  I don't think he has, so the Bombers still have control.....  Maybe he can be moved for something in the off season.

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:

Has he been officially released?  I don't think he has, so the Bombers still have control.....  Maybe he can be moved for something in the off season.

According to the CFL transactions, he's still on the IR. 

6 hours ago, J5V said:

Bottom line is, O'Shea is the boss and it's his team. My only concern is that, in my view, Gaitor is a much better player than Rios, and we can't afford to not be playing our best players in the playoffs. If Rios plays in Gaitor's spot and gets lit up again by Bo, well.

18 hours ago, J5V said:

No, O'Shea changed his position. I don't get it. I hope we don't get a dose of Rios and his terrible play. O'Shea's the boss. He must have his reasons.

Why do you keep mentioning Rios... this has nothing to do with Rios, who was benched after his poor game in Calgary.... Mercy Maston is the guy who has taken over the SAM position... and he played really well in the season finale...

6 hours ago, bearpants said:

Why do you keep mentioning Rios... this has nothing to do with Rios, who was benched after his poor game in Calgary.... Mercy Maston is the guy who has taken over the SAM position... and he played really well in the season finale...

Okay, I get it. Rios won't be playing. Thank goodness for that. He was really awful.

8 hours ago, J5V said:

He didn't quit, he's not on the IR, he's been canned, right?

I'm not really sure what you're saying... According to the CFL transactions, nothing has been done to Gaitor yet. I assume they will suspend him prior to the WSF. They likely haven't had to do anything so far, since he was one-gamed for game 18.

But if you won't change your role when asked, I consider that "quiting".