Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

11 hours ago, bearpants said:

this is the only part that kind of bugs me.... the three voters who voted against Harris could've independently decided to exclude Harris due to his suspension, that's fine... but there's no chance they each independently decided that Mike Miller was the guy... they had to collude to make sure they got the votes to exclude Harris... 

This is a conspiracy I can understand. Not saying this is how it happens, but I was wondering how a special teams guy could get recognized with such respect and honour as to be Most Outstanding Canadian over AH. Can’t recall a ST guy being picked like that as MOC. Bob Cameron he’s not. Yet, in hindsight, the pickers and choosers covered their tracks to at least place Miller on the all star team. Peculiar, but it is what it is. 

Edited by Rod Black

10 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Bauming excuse was that the MOP Award will be tarnished if Harris will be voted and eventually win it. He said it's not a good image when Ambrosie is selling CFL 2.0 to the other countries.

🙄

Bauming’s logic is flawed. Is the award for the “best player” as it’s defined, MOP, or the best player that least tarnishes the award. Bauming agrees with Harris being punished twice. That’s not cool.  
Yet in Steeltown, not Selkirk, the real steeltown, Simoni Lawrence gets an award. 

Edited by Rod Black

44 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Bauming’s logic is flawed. Is the award for the “best player” as it’s defined, MOP, or the best player that least tarnishes the award. Bauming agrees with Harris being punished twice. That’s not cool.  
Yet in Steeltown, not Selkirk, the real steeltown, Simoni Lawrence gets an award. 

Bauming is an ass.

They are crowing about Fajardo's selection as West MOP over on Riderfans, while wilfully ignoring that really he was just the baron of beef after the owners decided not to put the filet mignon on the menu. Hey, if they are proud that he is the 2nd rate MOP candidate in the West...so be it I guess. Yet another asterisk to put beside a Rider accomplishment.

No media can ever take away the fact that Harris was the best player in the CFL this year. They can vote him down from receiving an award for it, but they simply cannot ever change the accomplishment itself. If whoever wins the MOP and MOC awards are happy knowing they are the best of the leftovers....all the power to them.

Edited by gcn11

Yes, the words peculiar and odd describe the Gaitor situation perfectly. 
No longer with the team?

Changed Gaitor’s role?

Role unaccepted?

OK, I have a few more words that come to mind..

Is everybody aware that the playoffs start Sunday?

Edited by Mr Dee

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Yes, the words peculiar and odd describe the Gaitor situation perfectly. 
No longer with the team?

Changed Gaitor’s role?

Role unaccepted?

OK, I have a few more words that come to mind..

Is everybody aware that the playoffs start Sunday?

Gaitor was still out with injury, anyhow. So, it doesn't affect the lineup. 

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

Gaitor was still out with injury, anyhow. So, it doesn't affect the lineup. 

But is he still injured?
Injured or not. Why is this even brought to attention now? What possible switch could be offered and then, turned down? 
Backup role? 
IR? 
But why would Gaitor kiss his position off so offhandedly with so much yet to come? 
Principle?

12 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I'm guessing he could have played this weekend and MOS said maybe you can just stay on the IR.

No, it's more like changing positions on the field.......possibly asked to go on PR, but I can't see that. Either way, if there's one thing that doesn't fly on this Bombers team, it's not being a team player....

6 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

But is he still injured?
Injured or not. Why is this even brought to attention now? What possible switch could be offered and then, turned down? 
Backup role? 
IR? 
But why would Gaitor kiss his position off so offhandedly with so much yet to come? 
Principle?

Why is brought to our attention? Probably because player movements are posted on CFL.ca, so it would be hard to dismiss.

Also, you can't ask questions about the Bombers during Jets season. There is no media covering this team.