Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If the only positive attribute is that he can imitate a human pinata well, and we trade for him, we are in trouble and Walters should be forced to submit a urine sample.

2 cfl teams signed him 9 (yes freaking 9!) nfl stints, leads the league in TD passes by 4 in 12 games, 4th in passing in the league while every one infront of his has played more games, with the worst OL, run game and maybe coaching in the league, but yes he has no positive attributes as a pro football player. 🙄

Hes lacked experience for his age to this point of his career. But hes also taken no wear and tear. And has performed this year. He is big, a strong a athlete, with a great arm, good accuracy, and great release. He is especially good at tossin deep balls. He is not an elite qb. But he is a legit starter in this league.  

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I disagree....

A guy who is 23 with 0 pro snaps vs guys who have won games and been anointed a teams starter. Only way I think he takes the snaps is if the other qb was brought in mid week and we played end of that week. After a full week of practice and playbook study, the vet plays. Other wise, knight would be the 3rd string qb. As he could sub in for the streveler packages. 
 Another point towards getting one of these guys is both mbt and franklin have held for kickers. (we really are stretched thin right now with streveler being the every thing guy)

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

A guy who is 23 with 0 pro snaps vs guys who have won games and been anointed a teams starter. Only way I think he takes the snaps is if the other qb was brought in mid week and we played end of that week. After a full week of practice and playbook study, the vet plays. Other wise, knight would be the 3rd string qb. As he could sub in for the streveler packages. 
 Another point towards getting one of these guys is both mbt and franklin have held for kickers. (we really are stretched thin right now with streveler being the every thing guy)

Guy who's been with our playbook all year gets first shot......I'm not advocating one way or the other, but that's how this team is run.

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Guy who's been with our playbook all year gets first shot......I'm not advocating one way or the other, but that's how this team is run.

I see where you are coming from with that, in this case I dont think theyd tow the the line. 

Any confirmation of any sort on this yet? Im bout ready to chalk it up to being un true. 

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I'm pretty sure Tracker was responding to the Collaros option, "human pinata" being the clue.

No to MBT, no to Collaros (has he been cleared to play or even practice?) and maybe to Franklin if the price is right.

None of those guys should be seeing the field for us unless Strev goes down. If we're making a trade with the Argos, i'd prefer to go all in and get Derel Walker for the playoff run. I would be willing to move Lucky and a 1st rounder for Walker and a backup QB.

Edited by Blueandgold

Thanks to Ed Tait, as always... 

FYI:

Contrary to another rumour circulating, the Bombers do not have plans on trading for a veteran QB. Said O’Shea on the subject Wedndesday: “As I said before, this day and age anybody can write anything they want and be a reporter.”

Agree with both of the above statements. Walters may indeed be looking for a seasoned back up ( he'd be kind of stupid not to be open to the idea at least). Nothing desirable has come across his desk yet. The only real possibilities are Glenn or one of Toronto's trio.(or unless we trade for Reilly ha!)

Edited by blueingreenland

On 2019-10-02 at 8:42 PM, Noeller said:

Thanks to Ed Tait, as always... 

FYI:

Contrary to another rumour circulating, the Bombers do not have plans on trading for a veteran QB. Said O’Shea on the subject Wedndesday: “As I said before, this day and age anybody can write anything they want and be a reporter.”

I miss the Freep Ed Tait...