Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

6 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

It will be stupid if the Bombers trade for Zach. He's done. He was traded by the Riders for a 4th rounder... shows what his value now.
If that's all Walters' can come up... I don't know what to say. 

I wouldn't mind MBT or Franklin really. 

Franklin yes, no thanks to MBT (that's likely who it is...he has a history in our offense) who is a crazy person...

MBT lost me when Irving interviewed him and he talked about voices in his head.......dude is a lunatic and I have no time for him. Franklin I still think of the guy in Edmonton who was a superstar. I don't see how that just goes away...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

MBT lost me when Irving interviewed him and he talked about voices in his head.......dude is a lunatic and I have no time for him. Franklin I still think of the guy in Edmonton who was a superstar. I don't see how that just goes away...

See Casey printers and Jennings....

Franklin is also the guy who smiles like everything is just dandy when hes getting **** kicked, or when his team is 2-14....or whatever their record is. 

I dont mind crazy QBs. In fact I prefer it. I dont like over hyped and attitudes like, "well it's only football" or at least when they portray that.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Franklin is also the guy who smiles like everything is just dandy when hes getting **** kicked, or when his team is 2-14....or whatever their record is. 

I dont mind crazy QBs. In fact I prefer it. I dont like over hyped and attitudes like, "well it's only football" or at least when they portray that.

I like Dunigan crazy, not MBT crazy. I like crazy wild, not crazy tin foil hat. 

26 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

It will be stupid if the Bombers trade for Zach. He's done. He was traded by the Riders for a 4th rounder... shows what his value now.
If that's all Walters' can come up... I don't know what to say. 

I wouldn't mind MBT or Franklin really. 

The only way I would trade for zach is some of wade millers belly button lint in exchange for zach and a draft pick. Zach is instantly cut and the argos gotta come collect the lint them self. Even then, im pretty iffy on doing that. 

I would take either as the qb2 for the rest of the year. MBT would be who i prefer. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Meh, we've had lots of nut balls and off the wall characters in the past I dont see why we should stop now. Plenty of all praise be to flying spaghetti monster types. As long as the voices keep sayin toss tds im good with it. Plus Id rather our management be the type to take a risk on a crazy qb, then have a crazy management that thinks trading for zach is a good idea. 

A young qbs confidence is easily crushed. And it can be easy to have a guy seem far better then he is when playing in the right system. Weve seen tons of qbs in every league and level excel for a short period of time only to be exposed once teams have enough footage. Id still take franklin as the 2nd guy. Wouldnt pay a high price but Id be happy for him to be our no2 and push streveler. 

TBH, at this point I don't care which QB they bring in.  All 3 have their downsides but the last thing I want to do is go into the playoffs with only Strevy & McGuire on the roster,  It's not like we'd be bringing any of these guys in to be QB1 but as an extreme worst-case scenario, I'd rather have someone with CFL experience than be forced to sign some random guy off the streets.

52 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Who cares, MBT is tough as nails and has survived the Argo ****-show without ever smiling or cracking up, to him it all seems normal.  I'd rather have a weather balloon tied to a rock than Collaros in the backfield.

52 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Ken Stabler heard more than voices in his head when he played & was paranoid. He lived along the Gulf Coast of Alabama because he thought people were out to kill him IIRC. The paranoia fueled by drug use. But he won a Super Bowl.

If true, this is nothing less than insane. None of the Argo QBs have a good track record, Collaros could have his concussions reappear when he sneezes, Bethel-Thompson could not stick here the first time and Franklin has been a complete bust. What is there to like?

11 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Who cares, MBT is tough as nails and has survived the Argo ****-show without ever smiling or cracking up, to him it all seems normal.  I'd rather have a weather balloon tied to a rock than Collaros in the backfield.

QFT producing behind that OL is amazing. 

13 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If the only positive attribute is that he can imitate a human pinata well, and we trade for him, we are in trouble and Walters should be forced to submit a urine sample.