Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Stats like that all the more reason to be pissed at the super soft 2nd half gameplan.

It was utterly confounding. Harris was tearing it up and had 9 carries for the game. 

Ive always believed that passive-very conservative football is bad football. Once you stop being aggressive you are begging to lose. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

the Leggett thing was posted elsewhere already....all I get from it is a guy who's no longer in the league and kind of bitter about it.

Bitter how? Is his opinion wrong?

He played here for five years, four in a leadership role under the same DC whose system continues to show some ugly warts at very inopportune times. I think if anyone's qualified to have an opinion on it, it'd be Moe Leggett. 

Maybe he's a bitter about the way his career ended in the CFL; I think anyone as talented and passionate about the game would be, too. That's irrelevant, though. His pointing out what ails the defense when asked about it isn't without merit. He hit the nail on the head, IMO: the Bombers weren't playing to win. They were playing not to lose. And that's something we've seen a few too many times now in 2019.

I thought his take was refreshing. Nice to hear a bit more of the detail in terms of how the inner workings of play calling happen. And that players will speak up if needed. Would like to see Moe on the panel, or maybe a regular guest of TSN1290. Don't see him getting on to TV due to his short career. I don't know if that plays a role in the hiring process, but everyone on the panel played for a longer period of time then Moe did.

On 2019-09-24 at 6:52 PM, MrFreakzilla said:

Ask him if he'd rather have impressive stats or a win. Do you think he is satisfied with a loss? They play to win the game, not to move up on any leaderboard.

If he gave up 6 interceptions and threw for zero TDs but still won because the D caused 10 turnovers I bet he wouldn't have been much happier.

It is possible to be satisfied with your performance and dissatisfied with a loss...or vice versa.

20 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Bitter how? Is his opinion wrong?

He played here for five years, four in a leadership role under the same DC whose system continues to show some ugly warts at very inopportune times. I think if anyone's qualified to have an opinion on it, it'd be Moe Leggett. 

Maybe he's a bitter about the way his career ended in the CFL; I think anyone as talented and passionate about the game would be, too. That's irrelevant, though. His pointing out what ails the defense when asked about it isn't without merit. He hit the nail on the head, IMO: the Bombers weren't playing to win. They were playing not to lose. And that's something we've seen a few too many times now in 2019.

Yeah dont agree at all. Weve seen a team wide passivity with the lead and even last year mos was talking about taking more of an active role in defensive play calling. Its not just Mo who wants a job again saying it either. 

He took responsibility for his situation too. He didnt name names or point fingers. He didnt say younger this and mos that. Hes a guy who clearly wants to play still, and believes he can. Thats a tough situation whether he can or not. But he doesnt seem bitter and sure seems to be bang on.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

yes, and also by letting that int impact how you call the rest of the game offensively. 

Its one play after we railed them for 4 offensive tds in the first half. Sure, they got a bit of momentum out of it. But we chopped the legs out from under our own horse half way through the race. Even if they didnt get that pick n score, spotting the other team the entire second half of football in the cfl doesnt work. 

Chris Streveler scored 3 TDs last week giving him 12 and a single-season WPG record for a QB. Old record: 11, Matt Dunigan 1993. (Streveler is now just 2 TDs short of the CFL record for a QB of 14 set in 1991 by Doug Flutie and tied last year by James Franklin).

These aren’t just stats. They’re a vital part of why our offence has been so productive, leading to success, and success usually comes from having good stats.

That must mean good stats are good.

I’m so confused.. 🤔