Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

3 minutes ago, johnzo said:

would you expect that Neufeld would be rostered against the Als when he's just had his first week of practice in like ten months?  Can a vet shake off the rust that fast?

(asking because I honestly don't know ... just seems like a lot to ask a guy who's been on the shelf for nearly a year)

Sure, if he's in shape then he can play. Probably spell him off. But there's no time to ease him in.

37 minutes ago, johnzo said:

would you expect that Neufeld would be rostered against the Als when he's just had his first week of practice in like ten months?  Can a vet shake off the rust that fast?

(asking because I honestly don't know ... just seems like a lot to ask a guy who's been on the shelf for nearly a year)

You would assume that a seasoned vet would be able to slide in relatively easily but I’m sure there will a bit of rust.  I’m looking past the next game or two and hoping we have him healthy and at full form when it gets more towards the end of the year and the playoffs 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There's no reason to pull Jeff and Neuf off the 6 early and lose all those savings. 

Would it save anything for newf?  It’s his second stint on the 6 game so I thought you could pull them off without the last 5 games counting against the cap?  But it does sound like he will be out at least one more game so it doesn’t really matter 

9 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Rod Hill was working at a Wal-Mart a number of years ago. And then later at a Superstore. I'm not sure where he is working now.

He was managing the store in St Vital. 

9 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Rod Hill works for the Bombers during game days in the suites doing a hospitality type role.

Very nice guy

I see him regularly up on the west side. His boys are there all the time. 

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sure, if he's in shape then he can play. Probably spell him off. But there's no time to ease him in.

Id say its highly likely he would be the 6th OL if speller is good to go. Eli still has a bit to go, and desjarlais hasnt been consistent. The team prides it self on nasty, physical OL. And Eli, in his limited reps has been the nastiest ive seen in a while. And his explosiveness is insane. Cant wait to see what he can do in camp next year. 

15 hours ago, Albertabomberguy said:

You would assume that a seasoned vet would be able to slide in relatively easily but I’m sure there will a bit of rust.  I’m looking past the next game or two and hoping we have him healthy and at full form when it gets more towards the end of the year and the playoffs 

The primary limiting factor with a big guy like that is cardio. If he has been able to keep it sharp he can draw back in. If not more time would be understandable. Doesnt matter how good you are in the first quarter, if you are shot for the 4th and half of the 3rd. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I worked for Rod Hill at Best Buy ,  the man was flat out insane and an egomaniac.   As a player he was awesome,   as a person....  kind of a ****.    

Prior to that he worked at a bank and was fired for sexual harassment and then worked at a Best Buy down south and for some reason came up North.   He lasted about 3 months before being let go for various reasons (mostly that nobody could stand working with him).    

Thats too bad. Some people are like that professionally though. Especially athletes and football players from that era. Back then you had 1 time of coaching and leadership, and it wasnt uplifting. 

21 hours ago, Albertabomberguy said:

Would it save anything for newf?  It’s his second stint on the 6 game so I thought you could pull them off without the last 5 games counting against the cap?  But it does sound like he will be out at least one more game so it doesn’t really matter 

That's correct. Neufeld could now be removed from the injured list without it counting against the cap. (2 players a season can be removed early from the 6 game after they've been on for 7 games or more without it going against the cap)

19 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Grand parents will be pissy... that’s the “ family” celebration night. 

We brought my 9 year old daughter and some friends(plus all her cousins and grandparents) to a game in Edmonton for her bday.  I talked to the bombers social media guy about how it was her bday party at the game and they treated us like royalty.  The girls got to enter from the team dressing room and stand at the bench during warm up.  The players came and wished her happy bday and then Whitehead gave her the game ball after the game for her bday.  Some of the players gave the other girls at the party some gloves and other swag too.  It was honestly the best bday party ever because of the way we were treated.....