Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

11 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Now what do you do if Nichols is announced healthy just in time for the Western Final...?  A very real possibility - put him in cold?

Personally I would have him on the bench, but ready to go in if need be. If Streveler is playing well up to then, You start him in the WF and give him a good quarter of work to see where he is at...if he is struggling you can then bring in Nichols to try and right the ship...and if anything let Strev see things from the sidelines and recompose things...if Nichols is struggling and not getting it done then bring back Strev...

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

Personally I would have him on the bench, but ready to go in if need be. If Streveler is playing well up to then, You start him in the WF and give him a good quarter of work to see where he is at...if he is struggling you can then bring in Nichols to try and right the ship...and if anything let Strev see things from the sidelines and recompose things...if Nichols is struggling and not getting it done then bring back Strev...

There’s no way we can bench Strev if we’re still in first. I’d be livid.

Should Streveler be playing well and progressing and O'Shea put Nichols in as soon as Nichols is healthy enough it should pose and interesting scenario. Under this scenario, if Nichols plays well and wins, all is well. But, if Nichols struggles and O'Shea does not field Streveler until all is lost, the wolves will be howling. I think that it is a given that Nichols will start as soon as able regardless of Streveler's performance. Like it or not, this is O'Shea's team and responsibility and he will rise or fall  on the strength of his decisions. He is a good guy but that gets him no cup rings.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

You guys do realize that Mike O'Shea is our head coach right? I would bet my house Nichols starts as soon as he is 100% healthy regardless of the standings or how Streveler is playing. MOS+Vets=Blind Love

I don't believe that to be the case at all. Mike O'Shea every time he talks about Streveler brings up his leadership and how much he believe that the guy has "it". If he has the team rolling when Nichols is healthy I am not convinced that the change is made. Why take that risk when winning is the most important thing?

You guys do realize that Mike O'Shea is our head coach right? I would bet my house Nichols starts as soon as he is 100% healthy regardless of the standings or how Streveler is playing. MOS+Vets=Blind Love

I think by now, there have been enough examples of vets being cut to dispel this fan-created rumour....

I agree with you mostly- I hold out on the hope that in the past... When we win, he doesn't like to tinker too much with it.

55 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I don't believe that to be the case at all. Mike O'Shea every time he talks about Streveler brings up his leadership and how much he believe that the guy has "it". If he has the team rolling when Nichols is healthy I am not convinced that the change is made. Why take that risk when winning is the most important thing?

We shall see.

52 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I think by now, there have been enough examples of vets being cut to dispel this fan-created rumour....

Chris Matthews ill give you but there was off field issues as well and Adarius Bowman was just flat out bad. Guys like Randall,  Leggett, Loffler, JSK, etc had their contracts expire and were simply not re-signed by Walters. I don't see many examples of vets being cut...

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 minute ago, tacklewasher said:

Depends on if Nichols does get healthy. We may not see (this year).

Exactly. He's a QB with a "six week" (minimum) injury to his throwing shoulder. Pretty much the worst area of injury for a QB. Given the way the Bombers minimize the extent of injuries I'd say six weeks is optimistic. Plus, to expect Nichols to have even close to full throwing velocity with worse weather conditions ... I think it's Streveler all the way. 

22 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Chris Matthews ill give you but there was off field issues as well and Adarius Bowman was just flat out bad. Guys like Randall,  Leggett, Loffler, JSK, etc had their contracts expire and were simply not re-signed by Walters. I don't see many examples of vets being cut...

I dont think Walter's is the only one with input as to who re-signs. I would imagine O'Shea and Walter's have a discussion on who to bring back. My view is O'Shea was the type who brought in and held on to vets for too long when he started and is now more willing to make a change and or let them go. 

8 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I dont think Walter's is the only one with input as to who re-signs. I would imagine O'Shea and Walter's have a discussion on who to bring back. My view is O'Shea was the type who brought in and held on to vets for too long when he started and is now more willing to make a change and or let them go. 

MOS will for sure have input into player transactions but at the end of the day its Walters' decision. Ill believe MOS has changed when I see it. Im still bitter about Sam Hurl lol.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

MOS will for sure have input into player transactions but at the end of the day its Walters' decision. Ill believe MOS has changed when I see it. Im still bitter about Sam Hurl lol.

True. We also need to consider the mess this team was in after Joe Mack LOL. We are now starting to see the depth of this team and we are able to let go of some of these vets as well.

31 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

True. We also need to consider the mess this team was in after Joe Mack LOL. We are now starting to see the depth of this team and we are able to let go of some of these vets as well.

Every time someone says the devils name, they need to buy the board a round at the rum hut.