Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

28 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I figured those who read that would know how much to take those stats in context. Was I wrong?

That’s true, but that goes for every receiver we’ve had ‘‘tis year, does it not?

👁‍🗨 we can only go by what stats are given and relying on what we’ve seen. I don’t think there are any receivers who have had bang on passes thrown their way each and every game. 

I think it's more of the difference between a check down pass and fighting through double coverage or speeding around to beat defenders and finding a seam. Big difference in the difficulties in the types of catches.

I like those scatter plots of targets and outcomes. Gives a very solid idea of what's going on with a receiver.

6 minutes ago, BBlink said:

The claim was made that you can judge hands by the reception rate. And saying that everyone has had the same number of good passes (not to mention getting hit at the same time among other factors) is definitely not true.

There are definitely stats out there that could help this argument but I'm unsure where to get them

If you’re referring to the reception percentage I posted, there is no reference to good hands there.

And who has said everyone has had the same number of good passes? 

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

If you’re referring to the reception percentage I posted, there is no reference to good hands there.

And who has said everyone has had the same number of good passes? 

I'm just following the logic of this thread. One poster was clearly going by reception percentage to judge hands and then when you said

"That’s true, but that goes for every receiver we’ve had ‘‘tis year, does it not?"

In regard to overthrows.

It seemed to me you were implying everyone was on equal ground there. So again, following the logic of thr thread I thought you were on the side of using that statistic as a way to determine hands.

But if not then I digress. It doesn't matter anyway. Reception percentage as a stat doesn't say enough and that's all I'm trying to get across

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Hopefully we’ll rested and motivated! This could actually benefit us down the stretch as crazy as that sounds. 

And, let's face it, we've learned that we can survive without him. Not that we would want to but we wouldn't need to panic if he goes down in a game. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

older star runningback taken a lot of work load the last few years gets an extended midseason break... yeah that's gonna be nothing but good going into the stretch run with some games against good teams on the schedule. 

Yes, now that we're through the soft part of our schedule, we're going to need him for games against the big boys like Calgary, Montreal and Hamilton. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Yes, now that we're through the soft part of our schedule, we're going to need him for games against the big boys like Calgary, Montreal and Hamilton. 

Heading into the season, Im not sure anyone thought facing BC, Edmonton and Sask twice was the 'soft' part of our schedule...

Just now, Floyd said:

Heading into the season, Im not sure anyone thought facing BC, Edmonton and Sask twice was the 'soft' part of our schedule...

Oh, I know, that was a bit tongue-and-cheek. But it's clear, those are the better teams right now in the league. The Esks and Riders are far below them. I'll reserve judgement on Montreal for the time being. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Oh, I know, that was a bit tongue-and-cheek. But it's clear, those are the better teams right now in the league. The Esks and Riders are far below them. I'll reserve judgement on Montreal for the time being. 

Im on the fence... BLM is back... but with 3 INTs and didn't air it out at all really

The 'Great Dane' is a dink and dunker who was sacked what 7-8 times by TO?

Bombers biggest challenge is staying mentally focused...

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Im on the fence... BLM is back... but with 3 INTs and didn't air it out at all really

The 'Great Dane' is a dink and dunker who was sacked what 7-8 times by TO?

Bombers biggest challenge is staying mentally focused...

BLM is a good game manager. 

Edited by JCon

i think if we can manage any more key injuries from not happening...and get all our current starters back for the last 6 games at some point...we should be in a really good spot regardless who we trot out at QB

All I want to see from Strev in next few is more progression, no revisiting of past errors due to inexperience as a starter, and a bit more  evolving of the offence to make things more conducive to him, and a headache for DC's and if this occurs we roll with him until Nichols is 100% healthy, and even then if things are still trending upwards I stick with him and have the Ace in the hole of Nichols in the bull-pen if and when he falters

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I was mostly just thinking 2 games left to come against the Stamps which is always a tough matchup and also very key to post season success for this team, nothing more. Sask isn't even a consideration as a threat. 

All we need is a split with these guys....and we are in the driver's seat.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

i think if we can manage any more key injuries from not happening...and get all our current starters back for the last 6 games at some point...we should be in a really good spot regardless who we trot out at QB

All I want to see from Strev in next few is more progression, no revisiting of past errors due to inexperience as a starter, and a bit more  evolving of the offence to make things more conducive to him, and a headache for DC's and if this occurs we roll with him until Nichols is 100% healthy, and even then if things are still trending upwards I stick with him and have the Ace in the hole of Nichols in the bull-pen if and when he falters

Now what do you do if Nichols is announced healthy just in time for the Western Final...?  A very real possibility - put him in cold?

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Now what do you do if Nichols is announced healthy just in time for the Western Final...?  A very real possibility - put him in cold?

Yes, but with a short leash (I know, not MOS normal plan).

For this year, Nichols is still the better choice. If we have any chance of a run to the GC, go with Nichols.

Next year is a different question.

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I think that depends entirely on Strev's performance. If he struggles, without progressing, then Nichols can go in. If he continues to develop and wins games, you stick with Strev. If it's somewhere in the middle, you start McGuire (just kidding). 

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

I've seen this a couple times lately......it's actually "Tongue-IN-Cheek".....

....Okay, I'm good now....