Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

18 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Nelson is a more rosterable player (good receiver and returner) at this point than either Whitehead or Grant.  But Grant does the return thing really well and I wouldn't be taking him out now.

Whitehead is the best receiver of the three you talked about.  IMO Bailey looks much more polished though.  If I had to roster one to play slot it's Bailey.  Whitehead's speed can be lethal but hard to get a guy loose who is relying on straight lines.  I think we can get Bailey, Whitehead and Grant on the roster though with a minimal impact (lose the DI LB).

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Whitehead is the best receiver of the three you talked about.  IMO Bailey looks much more polished though.  If I had to roster one to play slot it's Bailey.  Whitehead's speed can be lethal but hard to get a guy loose who is relying on straight lines.  I think we can get Bailey, Whitehead and Grant on the roster though with a minimal impact (lose the DI LB).

Well we haven't seen Grant do any receiving.  Why do you think Whitehead is a better receiver than Nelson?  I see them as fairly close but I like how slippery Nelson is.  I'm genuinely curious if you think the speed factor makes that much of a difference. I agree that I'd rather have Bailey though.  Not only is he more polished, but he can get 3 extra yards by dragging a defender.

whitehead has been good as a receiver I think, I think the problem with him is Lapo sees him as more of a gimmick than a straight up receiver. Let him have the role Dressler had last year and see what we can get out of him cause I think that would work well. He's catching the balls that he should and we know he can score from anywhere. 

4 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Interesting decision for Walter's and O'Shea when the Bombers come back after their bye.

I believe, Alexander, Jeffcoat and Nelson are all done with their 6-gamers. 

I had a look. Alexander is done his 6 game but Jeffcoat has 1 game left.

Briggs, Neufeld, Nelson and Oliveira are on their 2nd 6 game terms and can be taken off at anytime now with no SMS implication. (Maximum of 2 players can be taken off the injured list with no SMS impact if they have been on the list for 7 or more games.)

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

whitehead has been good as a receiver I think, I think the problem with him is Lapo sees him as more of a gimmick than a straight up receiver. Let him have the role Dressler had last year and see what we can get out of him cause I think that would work well. He's catching the balls that he should and we know he can score from anywhere. 

If we started using him like brandon banks... scary. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Lucky tho has basically caught everything thrown at him...and has averaged 8.4 yards a carry on his runs....not like he isn't doing anyhting...and he draws attention from others...

If you made a lineup just based on hands its

adams-Bailey-whitehead-Petermann-wolitarsky 

4 minutes ago, O2L said:

Yeah Lawler has the best hands of the bunch. Weird to not include him. 

Except he doesn't.

After Harris, Whitehead is our most reliable receiver.

You could make an argument that Bailey's sample size is too small...  but its Demski that would knock Woli off the list

Lawler is about 50% reception rate 

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Except he doesn't.

After Harris, Whitehead is our most reliable receiver.

You could make an argument that Bailey's sample size is too small...  but its Demski that would knock Woli off the list

Lawler is about 50% reception rate 

What? Demski over Wolitarsky?     Nope.

Lawler deserves recognition, and I’m not sure Whitehead should be so high up there.

31 minutes ago, JCon said:

Woli has missed tons this year and that's a fact. Can like Woli more, as I do, but he's been less than impressive this year. 

Well, I’m talking Wolitarsky over Demski and if you do look at the stats, Demski has not been tearing it up either. So, if we’re talking “ missed tons” this year, what do you say of Demski?

Wolitarsky 56.8% receptions to attempts.

Demski 60% receptions to attempts. 

Quarterback play and routes run also factor into this., I’d still take Wolitarsky. 

3 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I had a look. Alexander is done his 6 game but Jeffcoat has 1 game left.

Briggs, Neufeld, Nelson and Oliveira are on their 2nd 6 game terms and can be taken off at anytime now with no SMS implication. (Maximum of 2 players can be taken off the injured list with no SMS impact if they have been on the list for 7 or more games.)

Jeffcoat was moved to IR on Aug7. His 6weeks should be finished by Sep18 and he should be available to practice when they comeback from the bye. They play the Als on Sep21. 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, I’m talking Wolitarsky over Demski and if you do look at the stats, Demski has not been tearing it up either. So, if we’re talking “ missed tons” this year, what do you say of Demski?

Wolitarsky 56.8% receptions to attempts.

Demski 60% receptions to attempts. 

Quarterback play and routes run also factor into this., I’d still take Wolitarsky. 

I would take Wolitarsky in a heartbeat. But, he's been dropping passes this year and I'm not sure his routes have been that clean. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Stats with no context! What a great idea! Gotta talk about the types of attempts when it comes to hands or you are just wasting time

I figured those who read that would know how much to take those stats in context. Was I wrong?

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

Can't really go by reception rate. That stat is targets is it not? I've seen Lawler overthrown quite a bit

That’s true, but that goes for every receiver we’ve had ‘‘tis year, does it not?

👁‍🗨 we can only go by what stats are given and relying on what we’ve seen. I don’t think there are any receivers who have had bang on passes thrown their way each and every game. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I figured those who read that would know how much to take those stats in context. Was I wrong?

That’s true, but that goes for every receiver we’ve had ‘‘tis year, does it not?

👁‍🗨 we can only go by what stats are given and relying on what we’ve seen. I don’t think there are any receivers who have had bang on passes thrown their way each and every game. 

The claim was made that you can judge hands by the reception rate. And saying that everyone has had the same number of good passes (not to mention getting hit at the same time among other factors) is definitely not true.

There are definitely stats out there that could help this argument but I'm unsure where to get them.