Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Adding Jeffcoat to our DL and Alexander to the secondary is fantastic. No idea what to do at receiver, although I agree Nelson has been passed by Grant.

I think Nelson and Walker have both been passed, Adams, Lawler and Bailey should be the core  Import receivers with Lucky taking occasional reps. and helping out on k.o. returns.

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

been pretty impressed with Dejarlais so far, glad to see that kid developing quickly.  Hopefully we can keep this O-line intact for several Grey Cups to come....

Desjarlais was not at a 3 year starter level right out of the gate so some panicked.

He is doing more than fine.

Edited by Geebrr

Right now we have Gray..Desjarlais..Speller..Couture and Eli as nationals...save for Eli all have started games and are all young...Couture and Speller are 25..Gray 24 and Eli 23...could be set for years on the interior...Even Neufeld is only 30...not old for an olineman by any means

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Jeffcoat and Alexander when healthy are a lock to be back in the starting defense.

A starting D-line of Jefferson, Nevis, Richardson and Jeffcoat with Roh, Kongbo and Jake rotating in will be just dominating

Rios as the extra DB will make us very strong there as well, though how we use the DI's will be interesting when we have Lucky healthy, and you can't take Grant out, and even with all Lucky brings I think Bailey brings more as a pure receiver even though when thrown to, Lucky has pretty much caught everything save for may a drop or 2...though I can't recall cringing about any drops.

Possibly we roll with Grant and Bailey as a DI with Medlock and Roh and go with Jones, Exume, Hallet and Wright as extra DB's...we have done that quite a few games so it's not unthinkable

The thought though of after break getting back Harris..Jeffcoat..Alexander..Speller...hopefully Neufeld eventually Nichols and game time to get up to speed is a pretty comforting thought..especially now seeing as our depth guys and back-ups have got a lot of valuable playing time, so if an injury occurs late in year, or in play-offs guys are gonna be able to slot right in with basically next to no drop off...and lots of familiarity with the other starters

I wonder if the emergence of Hansen changes any Dline roster decisions.

For the playoffs I would definitely dress Roh, Jefferson and Jeffcoat but down the stretch run they may rest guys and not use a DI on a DE for a game or two. The team has rested starting DLinemen in the past.

Edited by WinnipegGordo

20 hours ago, Ripper said:

Good thing I said maybe.  Sure didn't see that coming. Is what it is. Congrats on the win, nice to go into a bye week on a positive note.  For us, need a win in Montreal I guess

I'd be upset with your OC if I were you. Powell is a beast and needs 20 to 30 touches a game. Asking Cody to throw 40 times a game is ridiculous.