Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

14 hours ago, Ripper said:

Do you need it explained to you?  If a team that likes to pass a lot gets to pass, they will be successful.  See what I mean?  Or a team that run a lot, like you, doesn't get to run, they won't.  I should have maybe said if you guys don't rush for a certain amount you will lose. You probably wouldn't have understood that either.  NVM.  

Youre wrong. Thats how bend but dont break defense works. Look at our 2 games against edmonton. 61/94 for 65% completion percentage 775 yards 8.25 yards per attempt and we beat them both times. 

Are the riders a passing team though? 5th in the league in passing yards, 8th in passing tds, 3rd fewest passing attempts etc. You have a good completion % and average but that is not indicative of a passing team. Volume is. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Youre wrong. Thats how bend but dont break defense works. Look at our 2 games against edmonton. 61/94 for 65% completion percentage 775 yards 8.25 yards per attempt and we beat them both times. 

Are the riders a passing team though? 5th in the league in passing yards, 8th in passing tds, 3rd fewest passing attempts etc. You have a good completion % and average but that is not indicative of a passing team. Volume is. 

They are not a passing team.

It is all short/medium routes 

Just now, Booch said:

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out who the stud National DT they are missing is...is it 4 tackle and 1 sack Evan's???...or the 15 tackle 1 sack Evans of a year ago??? for 200k per year

Don't forget the 2 best guards in the league! Still not sure who those guys are...

Just now, Booch said:

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out who the stud National DT they are missing is...is it 4 tackle and 1 sack Evan's???...or the 15 tackle 1 sack Evans of a year ago??? for 200k per year

Don't forget the 2 best guards in the league! Still not sure who those guys are...

Jeffcoat and Alexander when healthy are a lock to be back in the starting defense.

A starting D-line of Jefferson, Nevis, Richardson and Jeffcoat with Roh, Kongbo and Jake rotating in will be just dominating

Rios as the extra DB will make us very strong there as well, though how we use the DI's will be interesting when we have Lucky healthy, and you can't take Grant out, and even with all Lucky brings I think Bailey brings more as a pure receiver even though when thrown to, Lucky has pretty much caught everything save for may a drop or 2...though I can't recall cringing about any drops.

Possibly we roll with Grant and Bailey as a DI with Medlock and Roh and go with Jones, Exume, Hallet and Wright as extra DB's...we have done that quite a few games so it's not unthinkable

The thought though of after break getting back Harris..Jeffcoat..Alexander..Speller...hopefully Neufeld eventually Nichols and game time to get up to speed is a pretty comforting thought..especially now seeing as our depth guys and back-ups have got a lot of valuable playing time, so if an injury occurs late in year, or in play-offs guys are gonna be able to slot right in with basically next to no drop off...and lots of familiarity with the other starters

Lucky brings more than Nelson I think...I also think Lapo hasn't quite figured out what to do with him yet....and he truly is one of the only few guys in the league who is a threat to take it to the house from anywhere...right now teams swarm him, so once we get other guys doing more...things will be more open for him....he also takes a lot of focus from defenses..especially with fakes to him which allows us to make big plays.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I am sure they thought it was a couple of plays here or there and some bad reffing. 

The team just didnt show up and played bad. Bombers were just "ok" and played a team who thought they could just walk in and get handed 2 points. They will bounce back and take first overall nothing to see here.

5 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

The team just didnt show up and played bad. Bombers were just "ok" and played a team who thought they could just walk in and get handed 2 points. They will bounce back and take first overall nothing to see here.

There was also talk about "silver lining" and "wake up call".....after getting whipped in a 4 pointer for first place............