Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, Booch said:

k...enjoy your posts and bantering with you but really?..how do you say worst in league...compared to you guys:

2nd in interceptions with 16 (Sask third last with 9)

1st in opponents passing efficiency at 75.8% (Sask 5th at 89.3)

3rd in opponents completion % at 61.0%..league best is 60.6 ( Sask 4th at 67.7%)

2nd in opponents passing TD's (Sask tied for 3rd with 3 others)

3rd in opponents average pass (Sask 4th)

Sask is 2nd in average passing yards given up per game and Wpg is 5th so you got us there...mind you teams have attempted only 291 attempts on you and 420 versus Winnipeg but thats because they cant run as well on us as shown with 69 yards against Wpg on average and 91 yards against SSK on average...And a lot of that yardage on runs is a result of good run support by the DB's

Coupled with we have gave up the same amount of points on defence as you in 1 extra game played as well...part of which is due to the secondary

So tell me how does that indicate that WPG is the worst Secondary again...as stats show...WPG grades out better than SSK in all the major areas, other than 1

Wasn't looking to take on the whole site. I was responding to post about our qb not finishing the game when we all know our guys seem to take a lot of head shots for some reason when we play you guys. Also was referring to the fact you guys give up a lot of yards in the air, that's the reason people pass against you, it works. The Bombers have a good team, everyone knows that. These teams are a lot closer than many of you want to admit. It fits this sites agenda to just say the Riders suck, it makes everyone feel better.  Will be another close game this weekend, could go either way.  Guess we will see what happens. 

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Wasn't looking to take on the whole site. I was responding to post about our qb not finishing the game when we all know our guys seem to take a lot of head shots for some reason when we play you guys. Also was referring to the fact you guys give up a lot of yards in the air, that's the reason people pass against you, it works. The Bombers have a good team, everyone knows that. These teams are a lot closer than many of you want to admit. It fits this sites agenda to just say the Riders suck, it makes everyone feel better.  Will be another close game this weekend, could go either way.  Guess we will see what happens. 

No, not an agenda because agenda's can change. Moreover, we don't do it because it makes us feel better, we do it because it's in our DNA. 

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

as for the bolded part....really?....it's a heck of a lot worse on Ridertardville...especially when a majority of posters/fans there only know the small fragment of the organizations history with recent success...ignoring the pretty much 4/5ths of the organizations futility and being a joke

As for the reason why people pass...hmmm...give up yards...but least TD's...and have one of the best opponents passing percentage allowed...and passing efficacy against...to go with best record in west...yeah seems like that secondary is pretty bad...and they pass also more because running is futile...not because secondary is...how did you put it..."worst in league"

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

You said we had the worst secondary in the league, they are 5th against the pass, that means 4 other teams are behind them. I'd say you're hatred of everything blue is clouding your judgement, that and the fact you probably realize your team is going to get whipped here on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

You said we had the worst secondary in the league, they are 5th against the pass, that means 4 other teams are behind them. I'd say you're hatred of everything blue is clouding your judgement, that and the fact you probably realize your team is going to get whipped here on Saturday. 

5th in yards allowed sure...but first...or second in the categories that truly matter..points allowed...QB efficincy against...completion percentage against...picks...avg gain per pass

I'll take that anyday

Edited by Booch

Just now, Booch said:

5th in yards allowed sure...but first...or second in the categories that truly matter..points allowed...QB efficincy against...completion percentage against...picks...avg gain per pass

I'll take that anyday

I'm just trying to figure out why ripper would even suggest it when their worst stat is still middle of the pack?

He's grasping at straws me thinks. 

15 minutes ago, Ripper said:

If you're not looking to take on the whole site then making clownish comments suggesting we are the worst in the league is kinda not how to do it.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

much like their season will be...as Fartado fades back to what he is...hopefgully he signs that extension soon to handcuff them and they pay nice coin for a journeyman back-up

The XFL is coming hot and heavy for him according to a few sources. Regina or New York? Wonder what he'll pick.

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

as for the bolded part....really?....it's a heck of a lot worse on Ridertardville...especially when a majority of posters/fans there only know the small fragment of the organizations history with recent success...ignoring the pretty much 4/5ths of the organizations futility and being a joke

As for the reason why people pass...hmmm...give up yards...but least TD's...and have one of the best opponents passing percentage allowed...and passing efficacy against...to go with best record in west...yeah seems like that secondary is pretty bad...and they pass also more because running is futile...not because secondary is...how did you put it..."worst in league"

Also teams pass a lot more against teams that have big leads.

regina of course...cause thats where all CFL players wanna be..hahahaha

What i remember playing is guys couldn't leave there fast enough...most guys...some do like it being a big star in a small pond...but most are just there for the cheque

49 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Riders suck. I feel so clean now.

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

You guys are funny, Whipped?  Maybe, but I doubt it and I know you do too.  I am a stats guy, obviously you are the not worst statistically, so I knew that before I posted. Was just replying to a post.  But here is a stat, you have given up 1000 more yards in the air than us and we like to throw the ball.  If Fajardo goes over 300 again, we will win, simple as that. It will be a good game, looking forward to it

4 hours ago, Ripper said:

Not a bad strategy when you have the worst secondary in the league. Who's the hit man this week?  

This makes about as much rational sense as when greenies called Ed Gainey the best DB in the league.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Well, that sounds like a you problem. What were you expecting to happen when you chime in on here with these diarrhea comments, anyway? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It's simple.

It's truly a testament to one's intelligence when they call other fans homers while they themselves behave like a homer, make inflammatory comments on the forum of another team, and then attempt to cry foul when the "whole site" teams up on them while lamenting some fictitious agenda against their team.

And please, do cite your evidence to support the claim Riders' QB take a "lot of head shots" from the Bombers. It's hilarious how that's your response to @Booch's using actual statistics to refute your ignorant statement that the Bombers' secondary is the worst in the CFL.

I'm starting to wonder: did Lavar Edwards lay a dirty hit on you recently?