Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

13 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

What do people think that MOS is going to say when asked about injuries? Save your breath, save your ink....don’t waste your time. 

Exactly. I don't take what MOS says about Nichols as a denial about him being done for the year. Remember how Neuf was going to be ready for week 1?

I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear Nichols is done for the year. It would also be stupid for MOS to reveal that information at this time.

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Exactly. I don't take what MOS says about Nichols as a denial about him being done for the year. Remember how Neuf was going to be ready for week 1?

I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear Nichols is done for the year. It would also be stupid for MOS to reveal that information at this time.

IF Nichols is done for the year, it wouldn't hurt at all to announce it. Other teams aren't going to prepare to play Nichols unless/until he comes off of the 6 game anyway.

24 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

IF Nichols is done for the year, it wouldn't hurt at all to announce it. Other teams aren't going to prepare to play Nichols unless/until he comes off of the 6 game anyway.

I suppose. I always tend to play my cards close and MOS is the same. Why give out info if you don't have to.

Look at what has happened with CGY. There were a few weeks where you didn't know who would start. Was Mitchell ready? Was he coming back? 

IF Streveler starts lighting it up, and Nichols is done for the year, but you don't announce it, it could lead to a similar situation. Making teams at the very least think about it. And maybe spend some time reviewing film on Nichols/preparing for him in practice. After the 6 games, you announce it's week to week. Just gives the other team something to think about.....but If you announce that he's done. That's never going to happen. Does it make a difference? Likely nothing substantial, but there's always that chance that they spend time on Nichols, and miss something on Streveler. Football is a game of inches in almost every way. Little advantages that don't look significant at all, can play a big part in having success.

Sure it's far fetched. But not completely out of the realm of possible. And MOS never seems to right off things that are far fetched.

18 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I suppose. I always tend to play my cards close and MOS is the same. Why give out info if you don't have to.

Look at what has happened with CGY. There were a few weeks where you didn't know who would start. Was Mitchell ready? Was he coming back? 

IF Streveler starts lighting it up, and Nichols is done for the year, but you don't announce it, it could lead to a similar situation. Making teams at the very least think about it. And maybe spend some time reviewing film on Nichols/preparing for him in practice. After the 6 games, you announce it's week to week. Just gives the other team something to think about.....but If you announce that he's done. That's never going to happen. Does it make a difference? Likely nothing substantial, but there's always that chance that they spend time on Nichols, and miss something on Streveler. Football is a game of inches in almost every way. Little advantages that don't look significant at all, can play a big part in having success.

Sure it's far fetched. But not completely out of the realm of possible. And MOS never seems to right off things that are far fetched.

Releasing that info would also not benefit the team if they were trying to swing a trade to bring in another QB.  They are already in a disadvantage in that regard but confirming Nichols is out for the season would put them in an even worse negotiating position.

30 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Releasing that info would also not benefit the team if they were trying to swing a trade to bring in another QB.  They are already in a disadvantage in that regard but confirming Nichols is out for the season would put them in an even worse negotiating position.

OK but let's be realistic here, in a league where Vernon Adams and Cody Fajardo and Dane Evans and now Chris Streveler are starting quarterbacks who in gods name is available for trade that's worth trading for?

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

OK but let's be realistic here, in a league where Vernon Adams and Cody Fajardo and Dane Evans and now Chris Streveler are starting quarterbacks who in gods name is available for trade that's worth trading for?

In a league where Drew Willy was able to fetch a first round pick, any QB with a pulse could be worth something to the right team. 

49 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Evans was 31/37 for 442 yards last game..... that might get somebody interested ?

21 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Evans was 31/37 for 442 yards last game..... that might get somebody interested ?

All the new starters have had monster games this year. But some people are stuck in the mind set of not being able to recognize any thing greater then mediocre. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Insane. And whats worse is that kind of thing only encourages more, and retribution. Shame on the league. 

No, the league has made it clear that the un-penalized play made last week will now be penalized going forward.  Seriously.  🙄

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/3-downs-what-did-the-league-think-of-edwards-hit-on-rempel~1769178

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

No, the league has made it clear that the un-penalized play made last week will now be penalized going forward.  Seriously.  🙄

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/3-downs-what-did-the-league-think-of-edwards-hit-on-rempel~1769178

So, they change it just so we can't do the same hit on their long snapper. More pro-Rider conspiracy......

🤣

The great thing about officiating and judgement by the CFL is that hindsight is 20/20..... and with respect to those passing judgement you will be right 50% of the time. We can only hope that this has been a learning and things will progress moving forward. Again this remains the RFL......the Reactive Football League and not the Proactive Football League.

That is the most CFL thing ever.... oh it's ok in this instance but let's quickly change the rules after the fact. Pretty God damned sick and tired of this reactionary bullshit. Either that's ok or it's not, don't change thing after we lose our long snapper. If it's notnokngoing forward they should have fined the rider douchebag who did it just to make it seem legit.

Y'all are too sensitive.

The league said that there is nothing in the rule book prohibiting this type of hit, and that they will look at ways to prevent this from happening in the future, which is exactly THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

To be fair, it was kind of a freak accident, with Rempel's head hitting the turf the way it did. Had he simply fallen on his back, this wouldn't even be a point of discussion. I don't believe the hit was malicious in nature.

6 minutes ago, Yourface said:

. I don't believe the hit was malicious in nature.

Then I've got some oceanfront property to sell you.

The only reason for that play to happen is malicious intent. Did the rider intend to injure temple and put him on the ir? Probably not  but it wasn't done for funsies either. It was a play where the intention was to plant the long snapper on his ass. I mean really if Remple had kept his head down for a moment it would have been a penalty by the books, so what has really changed? It was a hit against the spirit of the rule. Just that apparently the CFL sucks at wording their new rules.

23 minutes ago, Yourface said:

Y'all are too sensitive.

The league said that there is nothing in the rule book prohibiting this type of hit, and that they will look at ways to prevent this from happening in the future, which is exactly THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

To be fair, it was kind of a freak accident, with Rempel's head hitting the turf the way it did. Had he simply fallen on his back, this wouldn't even be a point of discussion. I don't believe the hit was malicious in nature.

Is your first name "Punch"?