Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

17 minutes ago, BBlink said:

What did McCallister think he was in for?  You gotta pay your dues to get ahead of the likes of Jeffcoat, Jefferson and Roh.

He probably thought that if he performed at a top level he would be elevated or maybe that the injuries would give him a couple games of opportunity. 

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He was only here because of injuries. End of story. Not sure why anyone would be surprised by this.

Can't see why they wouldn't offer him a PR spot and he wouldn't be happy to accept it, beats sitting on the couch back home.  Put him in the bank for next season in case an opportunity arises, Jefferson is on a one year deal and I think Jeffcoat and Roh have another year left on their contracts but any of them could try the NFL if there was an opportunity.  **** happens.

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Jeffcoat extended this offseason I believe.

Jeffcoat is signed for next year.

McCallister was released last week. Who knows if he even offered a PR spot but the practice roster is full. If they wanted to keep him they could have juggled things around however. Anderson could have been rostered as a 3rd QB or Santiago could have been put on the injury list. But those moves would have cost more salary.

I'll text into the Coach's Show to see if McCallister was even offered a PR spot.