Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I don't think you can call a 1st round draft pick a "diamond in the rough".......the Bombers legitimately believed he was the best OL in the draft, and took him in the first round for that reason. He has looked okay at times, but at other times he's looked extremely raw, like the rookie that he is. He'll get better eventually, but he shouldn't be starting right now.

he would start for more then a few teams first year. Its an investment thing. its not perfect but i bet he bounces back if he plays LD,

Talk about special! I did not know they were 1 - 2 in tackles.

“Perhaps the most impressive player from the draft class has been Exume, who was the 70th player taken out of 73 total. He has a whopping 15 special teams tackles, just one behind the league leader, his teammate Mike Miller.”

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombers-draft-class-of-2019-making-strong-contribution-in-first-cfl-season#click=https://t.co/XDPi2uCXaE

On 2019-08-24 at 1:26 PM, Mark H. said:

Could well be.  But the interview ^^ is one of the better ones I've heard all year.  Normally I don't even listen to the entire thing. 

But I don't agree with him about the penalties.  When you push an official, you better expect 15 yards - he should have gotten 25 for that - it's pathetic. 

an intentional push should be an automatic ejection.

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/28/nfl-cut-tracker-plenty-cfl-ties-south/

Zero guys in the NFL. Does that say anything about our team/scouting/recruiting? We are 8-2 so our team is good as a whole but we seem to have trouble finding the next all star that is so good they are destined for the NFL. 

Mike Kelly had like 5 guys from his 2009 team get a look in the NFL in the off-season. Wouldn't put too much stock into it.

Desjarlais just turned 22 this spring...give him some time and these early starts in is career are nothing but bebeficial for him...He's still really a kid playing against men...and holding his own quite well...being that age and going against guys in mid to late 20'2..30's is a big gap to close...and he isn't hurting us now..Imagine when he matures

Neuf tho back would be huge...Bryant/Neuf/Couture/Gray/Hardrick with Speller as the 6th and Drew and ELI on PR is crazy assed depth..I wouldn't be surprised we see nNeuf as a full participant at practice ater this weekend.

And I actually think ELI is gonna be the best out of all those 3 young interior guys who are starting right now...

Edited by Booch

12 hours ago, BBlink said:

Zero guys in the NFL. Does that say anything about our team/scouting/recruiting? We are 8-2 so our team is good as a whole but we seem to have trouble finding the next all star that is so good they are destined for the NFL. 

A guy we cut (Brandin Bryant) got a tryout with the Browns this year.

10 hours ago, Booch said:

Desjarlais just turned 22 this spring...give him some time and these early starts in is career are nothing but bebeficial for him...He's still really a kid playing against men...and holding his own quite well...being that age and going against guys in mid to late 20'2..30's is a big gap to close...and he isn't hurting us now..Imagine when he matures

Neuf tho back would be huge...Bryant/Neuf/Couture/Gray/Hardrick with Speller as the 6th and Drew and ELI on PR is crazy assed depth..I wouldn't be surprised we see nNeuf as a full participant at practice ater this weekend.

And I actually think ELI is gonna be the best out of all those 3 young interior guys who are starting right now...

I actually think Desjarlais wins as many as he loses, and plays with an edge.

Basically what I expected out of him and am happy with it 

He's gonna be good for sure, but he definitely shouldn't be starting right now. My only hope is that he isn't overwhelmed by all of it and it doesn't wreck him somehow. Seems like he's handling it okay but hopefully Neufeld is back soon to really shore things up. 

50 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He's gonna be good for sure, but he definitely shouldn't be starting right now. My only hope is that he isn't overwhelmed by all of it and it doesn't wreck him somehow. Seems like he's handling it okay but hopefully Neufeld is back soon to really shore things up. 

The silver lining of Neufeld's  long absence has been 3 young Natl. O-linemen fast tracking their careers with plenty of valuable game reps.  they would not normally have received.  This has provided the coaching staff with an abundance of game film which will help them make difficult roster decisions during the off-season which could determine the composition of the O-line for the next 3-4 years.  I think they now have the confidence to move on without Paddy.

On 2019-08-29 at 10:52 PM, BBlink said:

I think Kongbo if not injured definitely would of had NFL interest.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Chungh was up and down when he got thrown into the starting lineup too.