Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

22 hours ago, Mark F said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/22/cfl-ca-game-notes-look-week-11-3/

• Through 10 weeks of the season, a dozen receivers are on pace for 1,000+ yards, including five with the potential to reach 1,400+ yards: Brandon Banks (1,522), Bryan Burnham (1,486), Ricky Collins (1,482), Greg Ellingson (1,466) and Reggie Begelton (1,408).
  • The remaining receivers on pace for 1,000+ yards include:
    • Shaq Evans (1,366)
    • Derel Walker (1,213)
    • Kyran Moore (1,107)
    • Bralon Addison (1,088)
    • Armanti Edwards (1,059)
    • Dominique Rhymes (1,052)
    • Lemar Durant (1,038)
    •  
  • At this pace, Winnipeg and Montreal will not have a receiver with 1,000+ yards.

Don't you miss the days when Stegall would lead the league in yardage and we would finish every season at 3-15?  Don't you wish we were as good as BC and Toronto with all their 1,000 yard receivers?

4 minutes ago, MC said:

Don't you miss the days when Stegall would lead the league in yardage and we would finish every season at 3-15?  Don't you wish we were as good as BC and Toronto with all their 1,000 yard receivers?

What I posted has nothing to do with me.

It's some league passing statistics.

Edited by Mark F

6 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I don't think he is great on the panel

Davis Sanchez could be good but he's such an ******* that no one wants him on the panel.   Rod Smith clearly does not like him and it showed tonight.    

Stegall is also useless,  I'd rather they put Benevides in on every game and find someone else to rotate with Matt D. 

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Davis Sanchez could be good but he's such an ******* that no one wants him on the panel.   Rod Smith clearly does not like him and it showed tonight.    

Stegall is also useless,  I'd rather they put Benevides in on every game and find someone else to rotate with Matt D. 

I think Dunigan and Smith are ok.

Stegall is annoying, and the rest are too.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They really need to move on from Suitor.  Celebrating headshots, late hits....finding no issue with guys spearing other guys in the head.

Edmonton does this every game.

Expect another fine from the league, but when will they actually suspend one of them like they should?

What goes around comes around, as they say...

25 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They really need to move on from Suitor.  Celebrating headshots, late hits....finding no issue with guys spearing other guys in the head.

My favourite Suitor moment from last night was listening to him go on about how Maas will be sure to speak to his team about discipline. I figured Maas was much more likely to just whine and complain after the game.

This morning I woke up and saw his post game interview. Nailed it.

23 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

My favourite Suitor moment from last night was listening to him go on about how Maas will be sure to speak to his team about discipline. I figured Maas was much more likely to just whine and complain after the game.

His spin on how the Esks have been working on discipline was beyond belief - those two costly penalties were the cumulative effect of the crap they were doing all game. 

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Not sure if you were being serious or facetious (always hard to tell on this site), but assuming serious, I agree.

Maas actually praised the Bombers a ton. He said they tried everything they could to score TDs and our défense just kept stopping them. Pointed out that our defense is the only one in the league that can just shut them down and that they won’t have to play us again unless it’s in the playoffs.

Said that us not having a lot of passing yards isn’t really worth celebrating since they’re a team that’s good at stopping the pass, but they had gameplanned to stop the run and they weren’t able to thanks to Streveler and Harris.

Said that anyone who lines up against Willie J will be better for it because of how good he is. 

Honestly, even what he said about the penalties was fair. He basically said that guys get heated in these games and the refs seemed to be letting it slide both ways and then suddenly they didn’t.

I don’t like Maas at all, but I found nothing wrong with that interview. Spent more time talking about how good we are than making excuses. 

13 minutes ago, O2L said:

Not sure if you were being serious or facetious (always hard to tell on this site), but assuming serious, I agree.

Maas actually praised the Bombers a ton. He said they tried everything they could to score TDs and our défense just kept stopping them. Pointed out that our defense is the only one in the league that can just shut them down and that they won’t have to play us again unless it’s in the playoffs.

Said that us not having a lot of passing yards isn’t really worth celebrating since they’re a team that’s good at stopping the pass, but they had gameplanned to stop the run and they weren’t able to thanks to Streveler and Harris.

Said that anyone who lines up against Willie J will be better for it because of how good he is. 

Honestly, even what he said about the penalties was fair. He basically said that guys get heated in these games and the refs seemed to be letting it slide both ways and then suddenly they didn’t.

I don’t like Maas at all, but I found nothing wrong with that interview. Spent more time talking about how good we are than making excuses. 

He whined like a little baby b**** during his TSN interview.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

35 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He whined like a little baby b**** during his TSN interview.

Could well be.  But the interview ^^ is one of the better ones I've heard all year.  Normally I don't even listen to the entire thing. 

But I don't agree with him about the penalties.  When you push an official, you better expect 15 yards - he should have gotten 25 for that - it's pathetic. 

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

His spin on how the Esks have been working on discipline was beyond belief - those two costly penalties were the cumulative effect of the crap they were doing all game. 

Teams are generally a reflection of their HC as he sets the bar. Mt Maas always has an eruption on the sidelines. Nothing will change until he leaves. The guy is a real good OC but as a HC he leaves a lot to be desired. From his wacked behaviour on the sidelines to questionable  strategy that costs his team wins.