Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

Bombers should surround Streveller with lots of playmaker. 

I wonder what the Argos are looking for Wilder on a trade. A combo of Harris and Wilder on the backfield will be deadly. Thats 3 legit running threat.

We should have the ratio to do it because Kongbo is now a starter.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

7 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I wonder what the Argos are looking for Wilder on a trade. A combo of Harris and Wilder on the backfield will be deadly. Thats 3 legit running threat.

Dont want wilder. Too much of a head case and low effort runner. 

If we wanted a complementary back to harris the ideal guy would be a scat back / cut back runner. Though we change pace with lucky and demski. Id be happy to see what Santiago can bring. 

29 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Might look at Wilder if he gets cut for real cheap.

4 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Wilder isn’t good, too expensive and two back systems are extremely limiting in the CFL. Hard pass. 

Not at all limiting.  Both guys are good receivers and can block too.  Both guys are often split out wide and run the whole tree.  Would rather have an extra guy in the backfield than a field WR 35 yards away from the ball.  The more guys coming out of the backfield the more the defense has to account for misdirection and the easier throws created for the QB.

Grant has ran a lot of plays outta backfield..has also thrown the ball..2 td passes in college

He is on roster as it is..swap out Lawler and him for some sets..with him and lucky in motion..along with Harris and Demski.. and Strevs run threat..u see who is covering the guys in motion out wide..exploit the holes with Woli and Matthew's.. and or Strev has huge holes to run through..in open space in full gallop..good luck with that.

Also will give Woli and Matthew's lots of big gains...

good article by Ted Wyman about Theadric.... sure seems likeable,and a good player.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombers-global-player-hansen-living-dream-while-making-impact-in-cfl

(LB/DE Thiadric Hansen — GP: 9, Snaps: 108, Stats: 3 defensive tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble)

Bighill "“He has worked so hard — extremely hard in the classroom in drawing stuff up. I’ve sat there and helped him on the board. He’s a smart guy. When you go out there and see him making some plays, you feel really good for the guy. I think it’s just fantastic that he’s had an opportunity to take advantage of this situation.”

On 2019-08-20 at 11:11 AM, Booch said:

Yeah I noticed in last game that they have already entrusted Kongbo to show rush at line pre- snap then drop away into covergae...ala Willie who says that he is an outside linebacker and a DE lol

Having WJ in the box at times can really f@@k with the QB. I like the look.

15 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I wonder what the Bombers are going to do when all our DE's get healthy? Jefferson and Jackson and Roh and Kongbo and now this new guy...an abundance of riches if all are healthy. Roh and McCallister might sit ( and yet Roh led our team in sacks last year).

Some one is gonna get played off the roster one way or another. Though its possible that as some one gets healthy some one else gets hurt. Or is atleast hid on the IR.

Im pretty hyped mcCallister is back, but he has to be the first guy out the door in all likelihood. 

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/22/cfl-ca-game-notes-look-week-11-3/

• Through 10 weeks of the season, a dozen receivers are on pace for 1,000+ yards, including five with the potential to reach 1,400+ yards: Brandon Banks (1,522), Bryan Burnham (1,486), Ricky Collins (1,482), Greg Ellingson (1,466) and Reggie Begelton (1,408).
  • The remaining receivers on pace for 1,000+ yards include:
    • Shaq Evans (1,366)
    • Derel Walker (1,213)
    • Kyran Moore (1,107)
    • Bralon Addison (1,088)
    • Armanti Edwards (1,059)
    • Dominique Rhymes (1,052)
    • Lemar Durant (1,038)
    •  
  • At this pace, Winnipeg and Montreal will not have a receiver with 1,000+ yards.

54 minutes ago, Mark F said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/22/cfl-ca-game-notes-look-week-11-3/

• Through 10 weeks of the season, a dozen receivers are on pace for 1,000+ yards, including five with the potential to reach 1,400+ yards: Brandon Banks (1,522), Bryan Burnham (1,486), Ricky Collins (1,482), Greg Ellingson (1,466) and Reggie Begelton (1,408).
  • The remaining receivers on pace for 1,000+ yards include:
    • Shaq Evans (1,366)
    • Derel Walker (1,213)
    • Kyran Moore (1,107)
    • Bralon Addison (1,088)
    • Armanti Edwards (1,059)
    • Dominique Rhymes (1,052)
    • Lemar Durant (1,038)
    •  
  • At this pace, Winnipeg and Montreal will not have a receiver with 1,000+ yards.

yes, but also consider injuries to matthews and adams, two guys who were likely thought of as main targets.