Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I believe the MR and BLM contracts won't be the norm going forward for QBs. CGY has been able to make a go of it so far, we will see what happens come the 2nd half. And BC is struggling mostly due to MR contract (my opinion anyway).

It's possible. I suspect BC might still rationalize Reilly's huge contract by placing the blame on the lack of quality talent around him. In other words, he'd be great if he had a good OL, WR's, etc. Forgetting that one of the reasons you don't is because of his contract. And BLM - he could still come back, be the hero in the playoffs and win a Grey Cup. So, I think we're in for a couple of more seasons of teams throwing crazy money at QB's. Just hope Walters isn't one of them. 

On 2019-08-01 at 12:48 PM, Tracker said:

This is gonna be a tough choice for the Bombers. Nichols has shown that he can win, albeit inconsistently.  Streveler has shown that he has the tools but lacks the experience and under O'Shea and LaPolice, he may not get it in Winnipeg. We cannot expect Streveler to bide his time endlessly waiting for his opportunity, so the most likely scenario is that the Bombers will trade one or the other, and I am personally leaning towards keeping Streveler.

If it comes down to having to trade one of the two, I'm going to trade Nichols and keep the young guy. I like our current qb tandem, but would like to see Streveler utilized more. Especially when the offence is struggling.

For those that were questioning our drafting, the amount of play we’ve gotten out of 2019 draft picks has been incredible. Drew Desjarlais came in for much of the last game after Speller’s injury, Hallet forced and recovered a fumble, Kongbo has come as advertised and Exhumé heads the league in special teams tackles. Had Oliveira not been injured I imagine we’d have seen a thing or two from him as well st this point. Looking good! 

6 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Who was questioning the Bombers’ drafting? The distinct majority of people said the Bombers had the best draft of anyone this year. 

I mean questioning our drafting in general. There were several folks around here that were quick to point out Walters’ past busts so I felt it was worth bringing up how many success stories he’s had this year. 

Jeff Hamilton @jeffkhamilton

#Bombers released linebacker and Winnipeg native DJ Lalama late Tuesday. Lalama was being re-assigned to the practice roster but respectfully refused, resulting in his release. Good guy with a strong work ethic. Hopefully see him on another CFL roster.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:
Jeff Hamilton @jeffkhamilton

#Bombers released linebacker and Winnipeg native DJ Lalama late Tuesday. Lalama was being re-assigned to the practice roster but respectfully refused, resulting in his release. Good guy with a strong work ethic. Hopefully see him on another CFL roster.

don't blame him, life on the PR sucks for a player, especially if the writing is on the wall that you are more than likely going to be staying there...

2 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

don't blame him, life on the PR sucks for a player, especially if the writing is on the wall that you are more than likely going to be staying there...

Life out of pro football is even suckier. The life of AFL, AAF, that fall league etc fringe player is extremely depressing. A cfl pr is like being the fresh prince by comparison. Hope he gets another shot, but he didnt show a lot on a great teams team. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

No loss..never even noticed him when dressed.

Now that Kongbo is back this was inevitable 

My first thought when kongbo started practicing. 

I feel like a PR purge is coming with early nfl cuts.