Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2019/07/30/bombers-unleashing-jonathan-kongbo-on-the-cfl/

Looks like Kongbo will draw in soon. Perhaps for DJ Lalama? 

I am really looking forward to Kogbo's debut. He was a monster in college football and appears to have all the right tools. He will probably not have the stamina to last the whole game in the trenches but he ought to be something to watch.

I can practically see the anticipation and excitement building for debut of 1st round pick Jonathan Kongbo. Winnipeg football fans love this kind of story, especially since it involves a Bomber player. 

I also can see possible marketing opportunity for the Winnipeg Football Club to take advantage of this excitement.

Mini conga drums.

Or rather, mini Kongbo drums, to add even more to the Winnipeg home game experience when we’re on Defence.

22 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I can practically see the anticipation and excitement building for debut of 1st round pick Jonathan Kongbo. Winnipeg football fans love this kind of story, especially since it involves a Bomber player. 

I also can see possible marketing opportunity for the Winnipeg Football Club to take advantage of this excitement.

Mini conga drums.

Or rather, mini Kongbo drums, to add even more to the Winnipeg home game experience when we’re on Defence.

s-l300.jpg

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

I am really looking forward to Kogbo's debut. He was a monster in college football and appears to have all the right tools. He will probably not have the stamina to last the whole game in the trenches but he ought to be something to watch.

Im sure he will rotate in and play teams mostly. I imagine the starters + roh and jake will all still get high reps. So I dont think he will play soo much that its an issue. 

1 minute ago, Dirty30 said:

I was hoping to see Janarion Grant in for Walker. Probably because I forgot who Mike Jones is. Was he in training camp? I don’t recall him standing out. 

You may recall Mike Jones fumbling a punt return close to the goal line in the second pre-season game, other than that he looked quite good at DB, smallish but aggressive.

6 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

I was hoping to see Janarion Grant in for Walker. Probably because I forgot who Mike Jones is. Was he in training camp? I don’t recall him standing out. 

I was kind of hoping for the same thing but Grant is super new to the team.  If he’s anything like he is in his videos, he could very well be our go to guy by labour day 

Not sure where this goes, but here's some interesting stuff from Naylor on next year's FA class, with a focus on Streveler......

https://www.tsn.ca/naylor-s-kickoff-desperate-argos-turn-to-collaros-1.1345309

The 2020 Free Agent Class

Their star power isn’t as bright as last off-season but there is an intriguing trio of quarterbacks potentially headed to free agency this coming off-season. None of them is proven, but all have made an impression on the rest of the league.

Given how the market inflated among the league’s top-paid quarterbacks heading into this season, one has to believe the market for promising, still-unproven quarterbacks may be up as well.

At the front of that class is Winnipeg’s Chris Streveler, the second-year player for whom the Bombers design weekly packages, which he has been executing with calmness and precision.

Streveler is a physical freak, a former receiver whose testing scores coming out of college were better than the quarterbacks at the top of his NFL draft class.

Streveler became the first CFL quarterback in 24 years last season to start his team’s season-opening game, stepping straight out of college. He didn’t look overwhelmed and immediately grabbed attention from around the league.

Can Winnipeg really afford to keep him and Matt Nichols beyond this season? Many GMs around the CFL believe that Streveler could start right now. And, if he goes to free agency, at least one of them is presumably going to be willing to pay him more than Winnipeg can in a backup role.

The fact he’s hired agent Dan Vertlieb, who has excelled at increasing salaries for his quarterback clients, is another sign Streveler is looking to maximize his worth this coming off-season.

Calgary’s Nick Arbuckle also comes up for free agency this off-season. And while the wow factor hasn’t been quite as large with the 25-year-old quarterback, it’s been impossible to ignore how composed and efficient he’s been, completing nearly 74 per cent of his passes while filling in for the injured Bo Levi Mitchell this season.

Cody Fajardo signed a one-year deal with Saskatchewan this past off-season, coming off consecutive seasons in Toronto and B.C. where he finished as the No. 3 quarterback.

Neither of those teams saw him as having starter potential in the short term, but in Saskatchewan he’s run away with the No. 1 job, throwing 12 touchdowns against five interceptions and passing for more than four times as many yards as he did during his first three years in the league.

At 27, the he and the Riders would be smart to get something done before the season ends.

We cannot afford to lose Streveler. I know some of you think he's crap but I believe he's going to be a star in this league and I'd hate to think we let him slip through our hands.

Just now, J5V said:

We cannot afford to lose Streveler. I know some of you think he's crap but I believe he's going to be a star in this league and I'd hate to think we let him slip through our hands.

It's either lose Streveler or Nichols. We can't afford both.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

I have never seen anyone on this board say he's crap.....some don't think he's ready to start right now......but that's a long way from "he's crap.....