Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

So who's faster Grant or Lucky......having them on the field at the same time (may never happen) would give the opposition fits trying to cover both .....I'd luv it

Bob Irving thinks Walker is faster than Lucky 

21 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Maybe top end speed- but watching Lucky, he's got that amazing acceleration. 

It's akin to most players being ford mustangs, and Lucky being a Tesla. 

Like Lucky said -"My goal is to let every DB know it’s a different type of speed that I’m about to bring at you. And every time I go on the field I want them to feel that.”

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

53 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I was let down watching Walker on returns. He certainly didn't look fast like Lucky does, but maybe he just didn't have the openings. I would probably rather have someone quick than fast. Charles Robert's was never fast, but man was he quick and he got a lot of yards because of it.

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I was let down watching Walker on returns. He certainly didn't look fast like Lucky does, but maybe he just didn't have the openings. I would probably rather have someone quick than fast. Charles Robert's was never fast, but man was he quick and he got a lot of yards because of it.

the problem is Walker hasn't returned kicks/punts in a really really long time. He's a track star, and there's a lot more to returning kicks/punts than just being fast...

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah, change of direction is what makes a guy good

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Punt returns are a bad indicator of speed, usually not much space to be had and tough to get into the clear.  I always wondered what made Fogg  a good punt returner, he had deceptive speed but I think it was more his vision that made him an above average punt returner.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the problem is Walker hasn't returned kicks/punts in a really really long time. He's a track star, and there's a lot more to returning kicks/punts than just being fast...

At least he tried to split the cover team rather than Lankford it. Thought he had some pretty ballsy bursts (yes we're doing phrasing) through coverage for a track star.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I would agree. Walker has better top end speed. Lucky is still stupid fast in high gear. The huge difference maker is that Lucky is worlds quicker and more explosive in small spaces. His Change of direction is drastically better as well.