Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

Jeff Hecht tells me he’s good to go Friday vs the #RedBlacks. Chris Matthews told me the same, adding he’s excited as it feels like his #Bombers debut once again. Mike O’Shea says all players battling nicks and bumps are “good,” but will not make a determination on anyone.

Mike O’Shea says “all players battling nicks and bumps are “good,” but will not make a determination on anyone.”

Must be frustrating as hell, knowing you have to ask the question, but also knowing you’ll get...

O’Shea speak - current:

we only need one Canadian starting on defense to fill the ratio requirement..so if Hecht is out it will be Jones in his spot, most likely backed up with Exume and Wright whom I am certain will get on the roster either in Hechts roster spot, or Briggs....likely Briggs spot as I pretty sure Hecht won't miss any time...but if both are out then we need to fill another Canadian spot on roster...so Likely Griffiths comes on as really thats the only National reserve we have not on IR  we have unless we dress Eli

3 hours ago, gcn11 said:

I didn't hear anyone questioning that. Just pointing out that Walters/OShea/Lapo had growing pains of their own that we went through. They have morphed into maybe the league's best trio but let's not pretend it was all smooth sailing right from the beginning. As a rookie, Walters had a terrible first year. Drew Willy....need I say more. Since then he has redeemed himself.

I just find it disingenuous when INSIDERS from the Bombers (unless it's Lapo) feel the need to take swipes at a GM that is 5 years removed from here. Especially, when they were a part of the brain trust he relied on....and don't give me this crap that Mack just did whatever he wanted on draft day. He never scouted a NAT EVER. He was going off the scouting reports handed to him by one Kyle Walters.

If Walters is salty about Mack picking Pencer all those years ago he shouldn't have provided the name with a glowing endorsement.

35wccm.jpg

6 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

time to change your handle then dude...

Nah..... will always be a northerner in my heart... so it's all good.  

Wait a minute... I edited this to say I am still north of the perimeter.  So the name still fits..... 😎

Edited by NorthernSkunk

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Mike O’Shea says “all players battling nicks and bumps are “good,” but will not make a determination on anyone.”

Must be frustrating as hell, knowing you have to ask the question, but also knowing you’ll get...

O’Shea speak - current:

Yes, unfortunately O Shea saying someone is "good to go" means nothing...until you actually see the guy on the field.

sigh...

Motivated? Yeah let’s have a breakout game, eh Chris Matthews..

“So it’s all about going out there and making it happen, man. Things happen, it’s a rough start for me but hopefully that was the final one that made me sit down and now I can go out there and actually contribute the way I want to contribute.” 

T. Wyman - Sun

13 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Well in the end they got Jyles, Grant Shaw and a 1st.

Bombers traded those 2nd rounders for 3rd overall pick.

Fair enough. Mack was a total goof, no doubt about it. I just think it is classless piling on if this Insider report came from anyone currently with the Bombers. Be professional..Macks been gone for 5 years. 

Edited by gcn11

40 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Fair enough. Mack was a total goof, no doubt about it. I just think it is classless piling on if this Insider report came from anyone currently with the Bombers. Be professional..Macks been gone for 5 years. 

It’s just nice not to have to listen to ‘well we never had a chance anyway’ excuses anymore 

22 hours ago, gcn11 said:

I didn't hear anyone questioning that. Just pointing out that Walters/OShea/Lapo had growing pains of their own that we went through. They have morphed into maybe the league's best trio but let's not pretend it was all smooth sailing right from the beginning. As a rookie, Walters had a terrible first year. Drew Willy....need I say more. Since then he has redeemed himself.

I just find it disingenuous when INSIDERS from the Bombers (unless it's Lapo) feel the need to take swipes at a GM that is 5 years removed from here. Especially, when they were a part of the brain trust he relied on....and don't give me this crap that Mack just did whatever he wanted on draft day. He never scouted a NAT EVER. He was going off the scouting reports handed to him by one Kyle Walters.

If Walters is salty about Mack picking Pencer all those years ago he shouldn't have provided the name with a glowing endorsement.

You make a good point about the Insiders columns coming across as disingenuous quotes from front office personnel and coaches who have some type of gripe. However, I have to admit, I enjoy reading it each week. Gives me a bit of glimpse behind the curtain, in the locker room. To me it's a welcome change from the bland coverage we get from team beat writers, who basically select from a menu of coach and player quotes each week, and provide very few insight, analysis or opinion pieces. 

Morrison was selected in the fourth round (29th overall) of the 2017 CFL Draft. He was also a member of the 2015 Vanier Cup-champion UBC team. Morrison missed the 2018 season because of an injury.

Williams signed as an undrafted free agent with the Toronto Argonauts on January 22, 2016 and spent the year on the Argonauts' practice roster. He was released by the Argonauts on June 8, 2019 as part of final training camp cuts.[3]