Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

What's the update on Hecht? Will he play this week? 

If not, I think we will see Cdn DL Griffiths on the AR this week to fill the ratio - who will be the American out will be anybody's guess.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Talk about serious bad luck, Briggs waits 6 years to get a start and in both games he starts, he incurs unrelated injuries severe enough to remove him from each game.

yup I've been cheering for the Kelowna kid to get a shot, and now this.  It's really too bad. He's worked his butt off for this opportunity.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And really that spot on the roster is for chasing kicks.  Griffiths at 295-300 isn’t going to do that, might get a few reps on D and play on return teams.

Again if Briggs AND Hecht is out we need 2 Cdn to fill the ratio. So Wright and ?

Edited by M.O.A.B.

as mentioned, the Bombers had a closed practice today, so there won't likely be any updates on the roster until close to kickoff Friday. The depth chart tomorrow will have some answers, but as we know, that can (and likely will) be a bit of a smokescreen...

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Probably both 2nd round picks in 2012 the Bombers held and something else.

I doubt they would have taken 2nds for Ray. Their ask would likely have been for a starting NAT and more. We were not in a position to part with NAT talent.

Edited by gcn11

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I think we're all missing an important question here, Mack could have traded for Ricky Ray, so what were we asked to give up in return?

We were always told that Reilly would never have come here. Whether that's true or not... We were ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-d.... so bad at the time. One of the worst teams in CFL history that I doubt Reilly would have ever signed here.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

despite the fact that we actually went to the GC the year before...

But after going 7-1 we weren't very good and really rode the D to the cup.

17 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I think we're all missing an important question here, Mack could have traded for Ricky Ray, so what were we asked to give up in return?

Well there was talk even when Mike Kelly was here about him trading for Ricky Ray so I suspect Edmonton revisited that with Mack. One of the pieces rumored to be involved when Kelly was looking at that? Doug Brown... so ask where that would have left our Canadian depth and you can understand the reluctance.