Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

Some Interesting stats. 

Of the 5 league leaders in ST tackles, 3 are bombers.

Medlock has the 2nd most kick off and punt yards.

Fenner is our only player in the top 10 for tackles. And he is in a 5 way tie for 5th.

Our DL has 6 sacks, charleston hughes has 5 and leonard has 4.

In 4 games streveler has 5 tds, and lucky has 3. Harris has 2 tds through the air this year, and none on the ground yet.

Nichols is averaging 1 td for every 9.8 pass attempts. Mike reilly is averaging a td for every 33.6 pass attempts (and is tied for 4th in the league in td passes)

Our D is extremely balanced, with pressure and tackles coming from all over the field.  Our sts has been scary good in every facet this year. And our offense is extremely explosive. With virtually every one scoring, and yet still not healthy or firing on all cylinders. 

Edited by wbbfan

Is kind of add as we had him around prior to Biggie going out, and Termple fared well...and if they weren't high on him then why have Warren sitting on PR?....WEIRD...

Possibly Biggie has been knicked since TC hence him being not his dominant self, so they held on to an extra Import linebacker as insurance, but then again why didn't they play Warren instead of Temple?

Or maybe Kongbo is ready to come on the roster in Lieu of a linebacker as a DI....And if that is the case I hope we use that spot with Bailey to give him some reps...or Walker

22 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

In somewhat shocking news: 

I thought Temple was faring pretty good over the last little while. What happened?

Let’s just say he was called out on social media for being more then inappropriate to the opposite sex. I won’t tell the story here but if it is true then I’m not surprised by his release. 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

And the answer

This a an interesting, key veteran addition..

Very strange signing, looks to me like Briggs might be out long-term and they picked up Jones as his ST replacement, surely they don't intend to let him play LB.  Weird replacement because he is an Import who has built a decent career mostly playing ST.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

I also heard that Nick Temple did something inappropriate and the police were involved which lead to his immediate release from the Winnipeg Blue Bombers Football Club. The Bombers are thin in the starting LB position unless they are planning on promoting a ST. I guess we will know soon enough. 

4 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

we still have Warren on PR and we just signed K.Jones.

I forgot about Warren and I heard about Jones but I don't know much about either of them. I did say "starting" LB and like I said, I don't know much about either Warren or Jones so maybe they are quality starters? 

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Yeah Warren looked really good in training camp. Bringing in Korey Jones as insurance, and probably an improvement over Temple (though I'd imagine a little more pricey)

Well this sounds promising and helps ease some of my worries lol! I guess the on field product will reveal what they really have but lets hope that we only need to see Biggie and Wilson start for the rest of the season.  

1 minute ago, Firekid said:

Well this sounds promising and helps ease some of my worries lol! I guess the on field product will reveal what they really have but lets hope that we only need to see Biggie and Wilson start for the rest of the season.  

Let's hope the only "product" being "revealed" is on-field... from this point on...

22 minutes ago, Firekid said:

I forgot about Warren and I heard about Jones but I don't know much about either of them. I did say "starting" LB and like I said, I don't know much about either Warren or Jones so maybe they are quality starters? 

“They are all starters” - Mike O’Shea

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

Yeah Warren looked really good in training camp. Bringing in Korey Jones as insurance, and probably an improvement over Temple (though I'd imagine a little more pricey)

Yeah Id like to see what warren can bring in a back up role. Skys the limit. 

Kongbo as stated could also be getting close. 

56 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, that stuff about Temple started going around Sunday morning, so I sorta figured it happened recently...like last week or something......once the cops were involved, that was the end of his time in Winnipeg.

Yep, seems like they took a few days to look into it and check the validity of the accusation and then let him go.  Apparently she got it on video so it wouldn't have been too hard to verify.