Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Is he going to sever the relationship with True North or is he happy being their lapdog?

I don't think he's that lapdog friendly after he complained about the whole TN square thing. Also don't recall that he received money from Chipman last election.

16 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Ah I remember the good ol Days when Wade would take the off sides. I think it was the only reason Coach Cal kept him around! :) He (Wade) was very good at getting off sides - made a career out of it!

Ritchie.....taking the penalties was very much Wade's job, but so many morons didn't understand.

Just off the top of my head, he and EPC scraped the requirement for 10% of the units being built at True North Square to be affordable housing (generally a requirement for the tax incentives and grants they got), tax grants from the city for True North Square totally over 23 million, street party costs. I think its hypocritical to want to divest yourselves from the Bombers but to have no problem support True North, you know the group headed by one of the richest men in Canada.

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The other team wants to take liberties sometimes you gotta remind em that you play stupid games you win stupid prizes. This team isn't a bunch of doormats and I am OK with the occasional penalty to let the other team know they ain't gonna take **** from them.

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The other team wants to take liberties sometimes you gotta remind em that you play stupid games you win stupid prizes. This team isn't a bunch of doormats and I am OK with the occasional penalty to let the other team know they ain't gonna take **** from them.

Even if it claws back the most beautiful touchdown catch you're likely to see this season? OK. Right.

The thing is, it was such a ticky-tack play on his part, that you can't even call it payback. If he wanted to send a message he should have done it in the scrum not the beside the QB. 

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I do. You don't?

When I was working most of the time I could not because I was underground..... and even in my short stupid office job I never wasted work time doing stuff like this.  I did get accustomed that If its on yer break I got no problem with it..... but everyone knows companies all over the world are losing productivity to people glued to their phones.  And then.... it's those people who begin whining because the company moved the work to where basically most don't have a phone,  and then they are out of a job.   just my opinion.   

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

When I was working most of the time I could not because I was underground..... and even in my short stupid office job I never wasted work time doing stuff like this.  I did get accustomed that If its on yer break I got no problem with it..... but everyone knows companies all over the world are losing productivity to people glued to their phones.  And then.... it's those people who begin whining because the company moved the work to where basically most don't have a phone,  and then they are out of a job.   just my opinion.   

Yeah- that took a much more serious turn than  what   I was looking for. 

Put it this way- its like pooping at work. You are getting paid for pooping. 

2 hours ago, BBRT said:

Ah I remember the good ol Days when Wade would take the off sides. I think it was the only reason Coach Cal kept him around! :) He (Wade) was very good at getting off sides - made a career out of it!

He was doing that to great effect under richie. He started right at the tale end of the murphy era. But his stretch of play on teams from the mid to late 90s was one of the best ever. 

Honestly the loop hole he exploited was bad for the game. But fantastic for the bombers. So im all for him 200 iq off sides and also glad it was fixed. I cant remember who we played but right before they started giving us delay of game penalties applied to the kick, but some ref let us run out like half of the 3rd quarter on one series going into a nasty wind. 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Is he going to sever the relationship with True North or is he happy being their lapdog?

QFT. The jets and goldeyes arent publicly owned. Guy is just trying to distance him self from messy situations. I cant stand him. 

It would be interesting to see a team that was fully self sufficient and run with no owner even in figurehead. But its a low risk no reward move.  

Edited by wbbfan

3 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

What purpose was it designed to serve? To a degree I agree with your line of thinking, but your argument is really just speculation. I love the player and I'm not saying that he should be fined. What I am saying is, he lost his composure and got caught. It was a bad penalty on his part.

One sentence: "Football is an emotional game."  **** happens.

6 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

do you mean the Dak? it's a Travel lodge now but the lounge is still there.

It's been a long time. The old timers should remember what I'm talking about. Sorry but I haven't lived in Winnipeg since 1984. I was there for my niece's wedding last year and man, it has changed a lot.

Back in the day the St. Vital hotel had some great bands go through there. I loved that place. I drove a cab in Winnipeg for years. I knew it like the back of my hand then. Barely recognize it now. 

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:
Bob Irving (@BobIrvingCJOB) Tweeted:
I think the CFL should fine players for dangerous, cheap hits.  But Wpg’s Jermarkus Hardrick got fined for giving a guy an extra, aggressive shove in the Ottawa game.  Hardly a fineable offence in my eyes. The 15-yard penalty Hardrick got was punishment enough.

I don't disagree with Bob but the Bombers are never going to be liked for punching people in the mouth. We'll always be the bad guys. I hope we embrace that moniker since we will wear it anyways.

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Just off the top of my head, he and EPC scraped the requirement for 10% of the units being built at True North Square to be affordable housing (generally a requirement for the tax incentives and grants they got), tax grants from the city for True North Square totally over 23 million, street party costs. I think its hypocritical to want to divest yourselves from the Bombers but to have no problem support True North, you know the group headed by one of the richest men in Canada.

I think this would be stating the obvious, but he is clearly just washing his hands of IGF, as for the Jets... they seem to be incapable of wrongdoing in this city, hence the free pass.

Since the City doesn't own any piece of the stadium and bares no financial responsibility for it, it makes sense to have them removed from the Triple B board. 

Clearly, Bowman wants to insulate the City the from any of those responsibilities too. It's a smart move. 

7 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

What purpose was it designed to serve? To a degree I agree with your line of thinking, but your argument is really just speculation. I love the player and I'm not saying that he should be fined. What I am saying is, he lost his composure and got caught. It was a bad penalty on his part.

just wanted to say, growing up I was a big fan of Pete Catan.  I'd be curious to know what he would have thought of Hardrick's actions.  I doubt he'd be as judgey as you.

Was disappointed in the Interlake flag. Too many glaring omissions such as Peguis (the largest community in the Interlake) and Fisher Branch, Fisher River. I did order a Northern Manitoba flag for my cottage up North. Wife won't let me get one for the house though...."tacky" she said....grrrrrr

7 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Was disappointed in the Interlake flag. Too many glaring omissions such as Peguis (the largest community in the Interlake) and Fisher Branch, Fisher River. I did order a Northern Manitoba flag for my cottage up North. Wife won't let me get one for the house though...."tacky" she said....grrrrrr

I'm sorry to hear about your pending divorce.

11 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

you just listed all the places I played hockey... Peguis always cheated.

35 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I would like one but no way in hell am I admitting that the area I live in is technically part of Transcona...