Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

Bob Irving (@BobIrvingCJOB) Tweeted:
I think the CFL should fine players for dangerous, cheap hits.  But Wpg’s Jermarkus Hardrick got fined for giving a guy an extra, aggressive shove in the Ottawa game.  Hardly a fineable offence in my eyes. The 15-yard penalty Hardrick got was punishment enough.

1 minute ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I'm equally curious. You sound like an expert on game strategy, so tell me what purpose a shove after the play in full view, that calls back a TD serves?

there had been two late hits on Nichols prior to that play.  I agree the timing of it wasn't exactly perfection, but it did achieve the purpose it was designed to do.  Given none of us were in the trenches that night, we don't and never will know what was really going on, but I am willing to give Jemarcus the benefit of the doubt.

13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

there had been two late hits on Nichols prior to that play.  I agree the timing of it wasn't exactly perfection, but it did achieve the purpose it was designed to do.  Given none of us were in the trenches that night, we don't and never will know what was really going on, but I am willing to give Jemarcus the benefit of the doubt.

What purpose was it designed to serve? To a degree I agree with your line of thinking, but your argument is really just speculation. I love the player and I'm not saying that he should be fined. What I am saying is, he lost his composure and got caught. It was a bad penalty on his part.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

How a couple of those hits, some spears, harris getting face masked soo hard they took his helmet off then hit him head to head, and the fisticuffs late in the game didnt end up with RBs being punished is beyond me. 

Hardricks fine was deserved. 

👁‍🗨S p r e a d I n g the ball around. This is how I like an offence. Use all your receivers along with the strong running game. 

So far, veteran wide receiver Darvin Adams has been targeted 13 times and has eight catches.

Meanwhile, newcomer Lucky Whitehead has been targeted 13 times for nine, Nic Demski 14 for nine, Drew Wolitarsky 12 for 9 and the combination of Chris Matthews, Kenny Lawler and Charles Nelson 11 for eight.

The team leader in both categories is actually running back Andrew Harris, who has been targeted 15 times for 13 catches. - Ted Wyman

22 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

What purpose was it designed to serve? To a degree I agree with your line of thinking, but your argument is really just speculation. I love the player and I'm not saying that he should be fined. What I am saying is, he lost his composure and got caught. It was a bad penalty on his part.

I disagree vehemently that he lost his composure...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm curious -- are you also one of the ones who used to get mad at Wade Miller for taking ST offsides 15 years ago...?

Ah I remember the good ol Days when Wade would take the off sides. I think it was the only reason Coach Cal kept him around! :) He (Wade) was very good at getting off sides - made a career out of it!

Edited by BBRT

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/city-to-cut-ties-with-football-club-512507602.html

Mayor Brian Bowman wants city hall to consider ending its ties with the Winnipeg Football Club and the public agency that owns its stadium.

Bowman brought a motion to the executive policy committee Tuesday, calling on the administration to review all agreements with the CFL team and Triple B Stadium Inc.

The mayor told reporters he doesn’t believe city hall should have a representative on the WFC board, adding it doesn’t have a similar arrangement with either the NHL’s Winnipeg Jets or the Winnipeg Goldeyes baseball team.

He also wants to distance city property taxpayers from any liabilities to IG Field.

"I’m not sure having political appointments on the board of a professional sports team makes sense at this stage," Bowman said. "If we can mitigate the financial risks of taxpayers going forward, that’s something I’d like to look at."

The City of Winnipeg is one of three shareholders of Triple B Stadium Inc., along with the Winnipeg Football Club and University of Manitoba.

Bowman cited the provincial auditor general’s investigation of the stadium deal, and the fact the provincial government had written off a $200-million loan related to it.

EPC unanimously supported the proposal, directing the administration to prepare a report in 120 days reviewing all current agreements with the team and Triple B; and identifying steps to terminate representations with both and "steps necessary to potentially divest the City of Winnipeg of its membership interest in Triple B."

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/city-to-cut-ties-with-football-club-512507602.html

Mayor Brian Bowman wants city hall to consider ending its ties with the Winnipeg Football Club and the public agency that owns its stadium.

Bowman brought a motion to the executive policy committee Tuesday, calling on the administration to review all agreements with the CFL team and Triple B Stadium Inc.

The mayor told reporters he doesn’t believe city hall should have a representative on the WFC board, adding it doesn’t have a similar arrangement with either the NHL’s Winnipeg Jets or the Winnipeg Goldeyes baseball team.

He also wants to distance city property taxpayers from any liabilities to IG Field.

"I’m not sure having political appointments on the board of a professional sports team makes sense at this stage," Bowman said. "If we can mitigate the financial risks of taxpayers going forward, that’s something I’d like to look at."

The City of Winnipeg is one of three shareholders of Triple B Stadium Inc., along with the Winnipeg Football Club and University of Manitoba.

Bowman cited the provincial auditor general’s investigation of the stadium deal, and the fact the provincial government had written off a $200-million loan related to it.

EPC unanimously supported the proposal, directing the administration to prepare a report in 120 days reviewing all current agreements with the team and Triple B; and identifying steps to terminate representations with both and "steps necessary to potentially divest the City of Winnipeg of its membership interest in Triple B."

Is he going to sever the relationship with True North or is he happy being their lapdog?