Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

anyone know what the deal was with him being cut by Montreal?

Kavis Reed is in charge of their personnel. 

But in seriousness, he lost his starting job at the start of last season and it likely wasn’t worth the money for them to have him as the extra DB. Though I would argue he was still the best Canadian DB they had. 

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Never thought of that but perhaps Conteh left because he didn't want to spend the year sitting on the PR?

Highly doubt it.  He's on Calgary's PR so why would he turn down the spot in his home town to take the same role elsewhere?

When I was watching TC, Jordan Younger was calling out his name quite a bit, and not in a good way so, to me, it was pretty clear that he was going to be pretty low on the depth chart.

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Highly doubt it.  He's on Calgary's PR so why would he turn down the spot in his home town to take the same role elsewhere?

When I was watching TC, Jordan Younger was calling out his name quite a bit, and not in a good way so, to me, it was pretty clear that he was going to be pretty low on the depth chart.

Plus he was cut mid TC rather than at the end which would normally indicate you were never a PR candidate. 

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Probably Briggs on the roster this week.

Per Ed Tait, Briggs practiced this morning. But yeah, if there's setback on Briggs, we will see Wright this week. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

More on Medlock:

“The type of ball that I hit at that time is a tough ball to catch, so I felt bad for Lank,” Medlock said of the fourth-quarter punt that Ottawa’s Ryan Lankford allowed him to recover at the three-yard line, leading to Winnipeg’s insurance touchdown. “I knew it was going to curve left. As soon as I saw he wasn’t going to catch the ball, I ran down… there was a hole so I was just going for it. I was kind of upset and, like, ‘Whatever, I’m going for it.’ I didn’t really care.”

Medlock, who has a name for all his special punts, says he only used this one a few times all of last season.

He says O’Shea and special-teams coach Paul Boudreau give him the green light to call the kick he wants to execute. 

Rarely does he punt purely for distance.

Wpg. Sun

👁‍🗨 It’s what we don’t see Medlock practicing that ends counting big time. Let’s not just take his punting for granted..

Edited by Mr Dee

Medlock is probably a bit ahead of his time when it comes to punting. Very creative with them. Which is really nice to see. I've said for a few years now, that is something that hasnt really evolved in football, just put it high and far and place it right.

Medlock brings a video game style to punting that isnt really seen anywhere else.