Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

Not mentioned too much but I'm guessing Wolitarsky is doing okay this week?  He left the game clutching his elbow against BC.

I did see him using the arm shortly after he left the game, thinking it was just a stinger. Maybe "hoping" is a better word.

It was more an issue that he was cut/bleeding and needed that to be taken care of..most likely from a helmet buckle..

Interesting story.....I know of players when I played who would shave/file the edges of the metal strap buckles on helmets to a knife like edge...to cause cuts on opposing players..

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

It was more an issue that he was cut/bleeding and needed that to be taken care of..most likely from a helmet buckle..

Interesting story.....I know of players when I played who would shave/file the edges of the metal strap buckles on helmets to a knife like edge...to cause cuts on opposing players..

That's straight out of Slap Shot! Vicious. 

Just now, JCon said:

That's straight out of Slap Shot! Vicious. 

yeah...was a lot of sneaky stuff back in day..was a tougher game then with lots of stuff happening that bordered on criminal...my one defensive coordinator told us that if we had to hurdle over a guy on the ground to get to a ball carrier we were to either kick him in the ribs or step on a hand..let em know your there he would say hahahaha..

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Woogie finished that game....not an issue. As Bauming reported yesterday: Expect this week's depth chart to look exactly the same as Week 1, with the possible exception of Chris Matthews in for Kenny Lawler...

Is "Woogie" the official nickname or is this just yours? 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...was a lot of sneaky stuff back in day..was a tougher game then with lots of stuff happening that bordered on criminal...my one defensive coordinator told us that if we had to hurdle over a guy on the ground to get to a ball carrier we were to either kick him in the ribs or step on a hand..let em know your there he would say hahahaha..

Yikes, surprised no one got killed!

Raiders in the 70's a lot of the guys wore cast like pads even though they did not have any broken bones. The refs would check the guys in pre game warm ups and they would not have them on but after that the trainers used to be able to get them on before the game.

Some of the stuff on the field you can see is brutal...BUT in those pile-ups you can't see, there's a whole lot of  ugly going on in those as well....like eye gouging and fingers being used in other areas of the body...Rough game that football.....lol

6 minutes ago, do or die said:

Just not a lot of emphasis on tackling techniques re: player safety......back in the day....

It still isnt where it should be especially at the highest levels of football. 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

nope..we were always told/taught to lead with our forehead straight through a guys chin/facemask

Pass rushing was even worse. Qb killing 101.  Wrestling was bad for leading with and using the head too. 

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

We are bound and determined to make it happen.

I just can't stand idly by and let the proud historical association between slavic nomenclature and north american football be ignored. Think of Bronco Nagurski (the pride of Rainy River).  Naming  Wolitarsky something like a hairy 7 foot tall alien is downright disrespectful. Actually a hairy seven tall alien would be quite scoop for the D Line. Knocking down passes and making running backs go the other way sounds pretty good. Thursday is a long ways away.