Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Harris looks better then he Did in Ottawa. 

Harris had some big moments in Ottawa too.  To me he is the same guy. Montreal and BC aren't the strongest competition to start the season. Bombers handled BC easily while playing a sloppy game, Edmonton will be good but they aren't juggernauts yet.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Harris had some big moments in Ottawa too.  To me he is the same guy. Montreal and BC aren't the strongest competition to start the season. Bombers handled BC easily while playing a sloppy game, Edmonton will be good but they aren't juggernauts yet.

True about BC and Montreal but they still looked dominant against those teams.  We did not dominate BC that way they di.  But we also didn't have Matthews etc.

41 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I would suggest rewatching the game against BC. An uncharacteristic kick return td and some iffy pass interference penalties made it seem closer than it really was. 

This. Our defence held them to one touchdown and 4 rushing yards. 100 of Reilly’s passing yards happened on two plays and that drive resulted in a whopping three points. 

5 minutes ago, O2L said:

This. Our defence held them to one touchdown and 4 rushing yards. 100 of Reilly’s passing yards happened on two plays and that drive resulted in a whopping three points. 

All this without actual game film to review. People are putting way too much stock into the first few weeks, both good and bad. Except for maybe the Argos

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I would suggest rewatching the game against BC. An uncharacteristic kick return td and some iffy pass interference penalties made it seem closer than it really was. 

Not to mention Jeff coat mugged a few times. Hall's defence, (like most) is predicated on pressuring the QB... D-linemen getting mugged with no flags, makes it very hard to bring pressure. The refs were calling an inconsistent game and we were on the short end of the stick more often than not. 

3 hours ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Harris looks better then he Did in Ottawa. 

I don't think anyone should be taking Edmonton lightly.  I think they are alot better then people are giving them Credit for.

Really feel like elizondo was not as good as everyone thought - think Harris will totally step up now that he’s got a new OC

Keep in mind Maas worked with Harris in Toronto. Plus Jaime Elizondo was a position coach when Maas was OC in TO  so likely had some similar offensive tendencies.

Harris has benefitted more from familiarity than most being on 3 different teams in 5 years.

Edited by Geebrr

8 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Keep in mind Maas worked with Harris in Toronto. Plus Jaime Elizondo was a position coach when Maas was OC in TO  so likely had some similar offensive tendencies.

Harris has benefitted more from familiarity than most being on 3 different teams in 5 years.

Maas was also the OC in Ottawa when they won the G.C. in 2016, Harris was also there and split time with Burris.

23 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Didn't Maas become Esks HC in 2015 after Jones bolted right after they won? 

Maas became Esks. HC for the 2016 season, I was wrong about him being their for the RB G.C. win which also happened in 2016, still he spent time with Harris in Ottawa prior.

My concerns are that Harris thrives in the medium passes hitting receivers in stride.   Our soft zone gives me concern as the receivers will be open and unless we get massive pressure he will pick us apart.

Last season his two games against us he had 361 and 349 yards passing!

Edited by Brandon

36 minutes ago, Booch said:

what Harris has done against Montreal...and BC (WHO GUTTED THEIR DEFENSE) means not too much in my opinion...lets see what he can do against what should be a top 2 defense in the league, with some game film to be studied..

yes, I am looking forward to this contest, and what the Bomber D, who is still just starting to gel, does to that Edmonton OL...go Biggie!!