Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It's funny seeing the same guys who take shots at the Riders their fandom doing the IToldYaSo's after week one.

I actually agree with you here. Week 1 is very much preseason week 3 that counts in the standings. Take a look at last year for instance. Edm looked like world beaters for a good portion of the 1st half of the year....There's just so much time between now and October, lots can change. Great to be excited about a week 1 win, especially on the road. But it's determined exactly nothing.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I actually agree with you here. Week 1 is very much preseason week 3 that counts in the standings. Take a look at last year for instance. Edm looked like world beaters for a good portion of the 1st half of the year....There's just so much time between now and October, lots can change. Great to be excited about a week 1 win, especially on the road. But it's determined exactly nothing.

Honest question. Do you think that the o-line is likely to regress and get worse over time? Or, as they build familiarity, are they likely to get better and more cohesive? 

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

Honest question. Do you think that the o-line is likely to regress and get worse over time? Or, as they build familiarity, are they likely to get better and more cohesive? 

Only time will tell. On one hand the interior is young, athletic and has great up side. On the other, they played a bad dl. But it does give you hope. 

42 minutes ago, JCon said:

Your mea culpa sounds off.

Not as off as your accusations of what I said in the off season.

FTR: I picked the Bombers to be 2nd or 3rd in the league, not in the bottom 3rd. I didn't say or imply that the sky was falling. If you 'heard' anything else, then it was the voices in your head.

Losing 3 all stars, 2 on the O line is a fact and I already gave full props to the positrons the morning after the win for this game.

45 minutes ago, JCon said:

They will get better no doubt in my mind. However, Gray can blow out a knee tomorrow during practice...or next game. Bryant can tear a bicep week 4. Nichols can take a helmet to the head week 6 etc etc etc etc. It's not that I think they will get worse. It's that injuries are more of a deciding factor then anything else really. I've watched enough CFL football to know even a team who starts 5-1 can miss the playoffs.

I'm excited by what I saw on Saturday...but it's still very very very early in the CFL.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

They will get better no doubt in my mind. However, Gray can blow out a knee tomorrow during practice...or next game. Bryant can tear a bicep week 4. Nichols can take a helmet to the head week 6 etc etc etc etc. It's not that I think they will get worse. It's that injuries are more of a deciding factor then anything else really. I've watched enough CFL football to know even a team who starts 5-1 can miss the playoffs.

I'm excited by what I saw on Saturday...but it's still very very very early in the CFL.

Yes, but Chungh could have blown a knee, Gossenn, etc. 

And, yes, the team can still lose, even if the oline plays great all year. Playing great in the first game of the season does not mean long-term success. Tons of factors. But if this group stays together, I am very confident that they will continue to improve and be one of the best olines in the league. 

My point was that we were being told that we would be significantly worse because we lost 3 NI All-stars. 

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Not as off as your accusations of what I said in the off season.

FTR: I picked the Bombers to be 2nd or 3rd in the league, not in the bottom 3rd. I didn't say or imply that the sky was falling. If you 'heard' anything else, then it was the voices in your head.

Losing 3 all stars, 2 on the O line is a fact and I already gave full props to the positrons the morning after the win for this game.

You picked them third in the West. So, that's at or bottom half. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, but Chungh could have blown a knee, Gossenn, etc. 

And, yes, the team can still lose, even if the oline plays great all year. Playing great in the first game of the season does not mean long-term success. Tons of factors. But if this group stays together, I am very confident that they will continue to improve and be one of the best olines in the league. 

My point was that we were being told that we would be significantly worse because we lost 3 NI All-stars. 

I hear ya. I didn't think there would be a huge drop in play from the Oline or the Safety this year. I just don't want to start talking about first place finishes etc until later this year. Still too many games to be played.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I hear ya. I didn't think there would be a huge drop in play from the Oline or the Safety this year. I just don't want to start talking about first place finishes etc until later this year. Still too many games to be played.

Way too many factors to think that week 1 success means long term success. But, looking at the pieces, I think we have a very good team. 

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

You picked them third in the West. So, that's at or bottom half. 

3rd in the west is the same as 3rd in the league, not bottom half or bottom third.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

It’s funny seeing you find every avenue possible to be negative. Just enjoy the ride, man

How is it negative to respond to folks who are making stuff up?

10 hours ago, Booch said:

Even when chungh was here the staff said Neufeld graded out better..not sure why he gets so much disrespect around here..

It's not disrespect, it's the reality of football.  They currently have 6 Natl. players for 3 jobs on the O-line,  how many can they afford to keep happy long-term?  Unless they increase the ratio along the O-line they'll have to pare down next off-season.  Ignoring injury concerns, Neufeld is the oldest and the highest paid of the 6, Desjarlais, Eli and Speller stand in line.

You don't need these to see the future.....but they sure help.

X-ray-man.jpg

8 minutes ago, do or die said:

Confused, as I really don't know how positive to be, at this stage.....

I think week 3 will be a good guide for that. The moes offense has weapons a plenty. But I dont think that D can contain our O. Especially with Mathews likely back. The week following the bye has been pretty rough on us. If we can limit the damage of the moes offense and come out of a bye week well its a great sign. 

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It's not disrespect, it's the reality of football.  They currently have 6 Natl. players for 3 jobs on the O-line,  how many can they afford to keep happy long-term?  Unless they increase the ratio along the O-line they'll have to pare down next off-season.  Ignoring injury concerns, Neufeld is the oldest and the highest paid of the 6, Desjarlais, Eli and Speller stand in line.

You don't need these to see the future.....but they sure help.

X-ray-man.jpg

A new year means a new crop of talent as well. Some thing will certainly give with the OL in the next year. While im sure we will end up cutting some one who has a solid career else where, having that pressure cooker solidify our OL is a good thing. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

pos·i·tron
/ˈpäzəˌträn/
noun
PHYSICS
plural noun: positrons
  1. a subatomic particle with the same mass as an electron and a numerically equal but positive charge.
Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

11 hours ago, Atomic said:

We talkin bout particles?

Reporter: Could you be clear about your practicing habits since we can't see your particles?

Tburg: Anybody tell you that I missed particles... If, If, if a Coach say I missed particles, and y'all hear it, then that's that. I mean, I might have missed one particles this year but if, if somebody say, 'He doesn't come to particles,' it could be one particles. Out of all the particless this year, that's enough... that's enough to get a whole lot started. I told Coach O'shea that you don't have to give the people of Winnipeg a reason to think about trading me or anything like that. If you trade somebody, you trade them to make the team better...simple as that. I'm cool with that. I'm all about that. The people in Winnipeg deserve to have a winner. It's simple as that. It goes further than that …

Reporter: So you and coach O'shea got caught up on Saturday about particles?

Tburg: If I can't particles, I can't particles man. If I'm hurt, I'm hurt. I mean … simple as that. It ain't about that... I mean it's... It's not about that... At all. You know what I'm saying I mean... But it's...it's easy … to, to talk about... It's easy to sum it up when you're just talking about particles. We're sitting in here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about particles. I mean, listen, we're talking about particles, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about particles. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about particles, man. I mean, how silly is that? … And we talking about particles. I know I supposed to be there. I know I'm supposed to lead by example... I know that... And I'm not.. I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do... But we're talking about particles man. What are we talking about? Particles? We're talking about particles, man. [laughter from the media crowd] We're talking about particles. We're talking about particles. We ain't talking about the game. [more laughter] We're talking about particles, man. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you see me play don't you? You've seen me give everything I've got, right? But we're talking about particles right now. We talking about pr... [Interrupted].

Reporter: But it's an issue that your coach continues to raise?

Tburg: Man look, I hear you... it's funny to me too, I mean it's strange... it's strange to me too, but we're talking about particles man, we're not even talking about the game... the actual game, when it matters... We're talking about particles …

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

8 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Reporter: Could you be clear about your practicing habits since we can't see your particles?

Tburg: Anybody tell you that I missed particles... If, If, if a Coach say I missed particles, and y'all hear it, then that's that. I mean, I might have missed one particles this year but if, if somebody say, 'He doesn't come to particles,' it could be one particles. Out of all the particless this year, that's enough... that's enough to get a whole lot started. I told Coach O'shea that you don't have to give the people of Winnipeg a reason to think about trading me or anything like that. If you trade somebody, you trade them to make the team better...simple as that. I'm cool with that. I'm all about that. The people in Winnipeg deserve to have a winner. It's simple as that. It goes further than that …

Reporter: So you and coach O'shea got caught up on Saturday about particles?

Tburg: If I can't particles, I can't particles man. If I'm hurt, I'm hurt. I mean … simple as that. It ain't about that... I mean it's... It's not about that... At all. You know what I'm saying I mean... But it's...it's easy … to, to talk about... It's easy to sum it up when you're just talking about particles. We're sitting in here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about particles. I mean, listen, we're talking about particles, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about particles. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about particles, man. I mean, how silly is that? … And we talking about particles. I know I supposed to be there. I know I'm supposed to lead by example... I know that... And I'm not.. I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do... But we're talking about particles man. What are we talking about? Particles? We're talking about particles, man. [laughter from the media crowd] We're talking about particles. We're talking about particles. We ain't talking about the game. [more laughter] We're talking about particles, man. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you see me play don't you? You've seen me give everything I've got, right? But we're talking about particles right now. We talking about pr... [Interrupted].

Reporter: But it's an issue that your coach continues to raise?

Tburg: Man look, I hear you... it's funny to me too, I mean it's strange... it's strange to me too, but we're talking about particles man, we're not even talking about the game... the actual game, when it matters... We're talking about particles …

Holy cow man you need a game.