Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

53 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I believe it's just dressed. Don't think it would make sense for them to force you to start someone. I'm guessing he will be the 6th OL.

52 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I think they just need to be added to the active roster....  But I'm not 100% sure.

Seems to be right. Did it used to be that you had to start some one you claimed off a PR, or was it always just activate?

I feel like the PR system may need revamping a bit in the future, especially with the international stuff that walters talked about in the presser. 

47 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I dunno...I heard that if we start Jeff Hecht at Safety, we're going to lose every game...

There’s a difference between being concerned about starting a very weak player and saying that it’s going to be the difference between wins and losses. Hecht is a bad player. Period. It’s concerning both that this seemed to be plan A going into this season and that in the coaches eyes, no one could unseat him. I want the Bombers to be as good a team as possible and Hecht will struggle badly. 

31 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Four things,

1.  He was cut by the Riders last year. 

2.  He's 5'-9",  a full 7" shorter than Loffler.

3.  He's slow.

4.  Remember Hurl?

Unlike Hurl who plays near the line of scrimmage, Hecht wont have much to do. Our front 4 wont give QB's enough time in the pocket to throw those deep passes :)

For spot duty, Wilson was always close to the action and was in on several tackles last year. Good cutoff, good pursuit seems to know his assignments. Even in preseason this year, he was among the top tacklers. Positioned last year to play more until Bighill came to town and now has emerged as the leading candidate to keep his position. 

I see a very different picture of Kyrie Wilson. Put it this way, I’ll be surprised if he’s the starter by the end of the season. And I would argue that O’Shea had no intention of giving anyone else the job. He was going to be the starter at WIL barring injury or total catastrophe. That’s how O’Shea operates for better for for worse. 

Edited by AKAChip

5 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I see a very different picture of Kyrie Wilson. Put it this way, I’ll be surprised if he’s the starter by the end of the season. And I would argue that O’Shea had no intention of giving anyone else the job. He was going to be the starter at WIL barring injury or total catastrophe. That’s how O’Shea operates for better for for worse. 

The roster was basically set before camp started.  Ain't that right Bennett.

Bennett?

Just now, mbrg said:

The roster was basically set before camp started.  Ain't that right Bennett.

Bennett?

Are you really suggesting that the third string QB getting cut is proof that O’Shea didn’t have a bunch of questionable spots pretty well set in his mind going into camp? There’s absolutely nothing wrong with questioning a few spots on this roster. I am genuinely a fan of getting new blood in the lineup. Hecht is a journeyman who was bad in his 20s, let alone his 30s. Wilson is a guy who hasn’t moved the needle in two years and frequently gets lost in space when he’s been in the lineup. This isn’t a crazy opinion.