Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

Darrin Bauming, TSN. (@DarrinBauming) Tweeted:
Rashaun Simonise, released by the #Bombers yesterday, was set to make in the neighbourhood of $75k in salary this season, plus potential performance bonuses.

The Canadian receiver was drafted 12th-overall in 2018.

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:
Darrin Bauming, TSN. (@DarrinBauming) Tweeted:
Rashaun Simonise, released by the #Bombers yesterday, was set to make in the neighbourhood of $75k in salary this season, plus potential performance bonuses.

The Canadian receiver was drafted 12th-overall in 2018.

75 k certainly doesn't break the bank. I feel like we are not one of the top teams worried about the cap

Coombs - Simonise tradeoff is not bad after all (I think). Experience vs potentail I suppose. 

And with the depth we have in NAT Rec and RB, Coombs may not need to play every snap so that might help him to be healthy for the whole season. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

On 2019-06-09 at 4:01 PM, Jpan85 said:

Shamawd Chambers, Devon Bailey, Rashaun Simonese, Kito Poblah, these guys remind me of that singing frog.  GM's can't believe their good fortune when they stumble upon Natl. receivers with such outstanding measurables and athletic talent.....but eventually after they under-perform they decide to put them back in the box and skulk away.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Re: Coombs

To the shock of many, the Argos tried to move Anthony Coombs to wideout.

Under the team’s previous regime led by GM Jim Barker, the Argos viewed Coombs, a Canadian, as an Andre Durie type who can line up in the backfield or move to the slot position.

Coombs is a lot of things, but he’s not a wideout.

Sadly, he’s been plagued by injury, but in the right system Coombs is a valuable piece. 

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/cfl/toronto-argonauts/argos-trim-their-roster-but-more-moves-looming#click=https://t.co/kJS2edbjaG

Injury, my underlining concern...