Montreal parts ways with Sherman. Khari Jones new HC.

JCon

I was and still am an unabashed Khari fan, in his roles as a player, a coach  and as a human being. I had some hope that he would one day be a coach in Winnipeg. Maybe with the CFL owning and overseeing the Alouettes, he will have a decent chance to assemble and lead a good team of his choosing.

I love Khari as much as most bomber fans from the early 00s... but you gotta think this might be his last chance to prove something... in 10(ish) years as a coach at different levels he hasn’t really proven much of anything...

I still wish him all the best of luck... 7 wins probably gets you second in the east this year...

7 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I love Khari as much as most bomber fans from the early 00s... but you gotta think this might be his last chance to prove something... in 10(ish) years as a coach at different levels he hasn’t really proven much of anything...

I still wish him all the best of luck... 7 wins probably gets you second in the east this year...

He's also been in some loser situations. Truthfully I think head coach is probably where he can shine the brightest. 

Though I fully admit I may be biased....

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I call BS on this.  Cheap smear for repeating it.

Blame Wettenhalls for the diaper fire. It's all on them.  Horrible hires in the recent past.

CFL fans have been told for years Khari is a bright "football mind". Talk about a hard exam.

Edited by Zontar

“Several reports have surfaced suggesting that players weren’t happy with the way they were being treated by Sherman. According to the information I’ve obtained since the announcement was made by the team, those stories are accurate.”

Some key leaders on the team weren’t happy about the way Sherman was running things from the sideline. From practices to overall attitude, the players felt like their head coach wasn’t looking out for them. Once a few important pieces of the roster get together on behalf of the team and start demanding change at such an important position, it’s hard to ignore.

The team and the league had no choice but to go down this road.

https://3downnation.com/2019/06/09/why-mike-sherman-is-no-longer-coaching-alouettes/

32 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Reports were that Sherman was going to take over the play calling from KJ last season and it never happened. The offence struggled and now he is HC and OC.....how is that a recipe for improvement? 

Getting rid of a half assed micro manager who isnt good at managing any thing (including putting on and taking off a mic) Khari called his own plays here for a good while. I trust him far more to call plays then sherman. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Getting rid of a half assed micro manager who isnt good at managing any thing (including putting on and taking off a mic) Khari called his own plays here for a good while. I trust him far more to call plays then sherman. 

You didn’t need to trust or not trust Sherman’s play calling....he didn’t call the plays was the point....KJ did.

5 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

You didn’t need to trust or not trust Sherman’s play calling....he didn’t call the plays was the point....KJ did.

Kj called the plays, but didn't make the call on roster decisions. Remember the insane QB carousel they had? A few of their guys showed promise and then got pulled or buried. 

They had some good offensive games,  but over all didn't have any consistency in who was on the field and Reed never built an OL. 

The point is, Khari has some level of trustworthiness in making any CFL decisions. And not only did Sherman show none, he showed in ability to follow through. If the leader of your team cant be trusted to follow through on what they say they will do, you dont have a leader. 

49 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Kj called the plays, but didn't make the call on roster decisions. Remember the insane QB carousel they had? A few of their guys showed promise and then got pulled or buried. 

They had some good offensive games,  but over all didn't have any consistency in who was on the field and Reed never built an OL. 

The point is, Khari has some level of trustworthiness in making any CFL decisions. And not only did Sherman show none, he showed in ability to follow through. If the leader of your team cant be trusted to follow through on what they say they will do, you dont have a leader. 

Say what you will about Khari's effectiveness as a coach in the CFL, but in every role he has been in, he has presented as intelligent and dedicated, so that gives him credibility. Sherman has no prior record to give him anything similar.

Edited by Tracker

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Say what you will about Khari's effectiveness as a coach in the CFL, but in every role he has been in, he has presented as intelligent and dedicated, so that gives him credibility. Sherman has no prior record to give him anything similar.

No doubt about it. Khari has always been extremely hard working, and professional. Im not sold on him as an OC, but he certainly deserves to coach in this league and he could be even better as a HC then an OC. 

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

I'm not sure that is a fair assessment.

"From 2000–04,  as head coach of the Packers Sherman compiled a 53–27 record, and a .663 winning percentage, which was the second highest in Packers history, trailing that of Vince Lombardi's, who is one of the most successful coaches in the history of football."

He also showed up in one of the seasons of "NFL Hard Knocks" as an O.C.  (can't recall the year or team) and he wasn't the incompetent fool people are portraying him to be, he did come off as a bit of a hard-ass though.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne