2019 CFL Predictions Thread

JCon

55 minutes ago, Nolby said:

WEST

1-Winnipeg 13-5 Team has much improved in most departments,oline being only question mark.

2- Calgary 11-7 Lost too many key pieces on defense but still have the major threat in BLM at qb.

3- BC 10-8 Sold the farm to acquire Reilly,team could be a coin toss this year.

4- Edmonton 8-10 lots of change from last years team to this years. Lost arguably the best qb in the league and major receivers,Harris is a downgrade from Reilly.

5- Suckskatchewan 6-12 Still have a recycled and past his prime QB in Callaros,defence will be their only shining light.

EAST

1- Hamilton 11-7 The east should be a walk for the Tigercats this year,much superior team to everyone else in the East.

2- Toronto 9-9 Upgrades at receiver should help their QBs.

3- Ottawa 8-10 on the cusp of being a tire fire,lost many key players and Jennings is not gonna be their answer at the helm.

4 Montreal 5-13 just let go of Sherman,they're a fully blown tire fire.

WSF-  Bc upsets Calgary

WF- Winnipeg beats up on BC

ESF- Toronto beats Edmonton with them having crossed over

EF- Hamilton destroys in the battle of Ontario

GREY CUP Winnipeg 37 Hamilton 17,this has to be the Bombers year....right???

MOP-BLM

Mod- Adam Bighill

Moc- Andrew Harris

Grey cup MVP- Matt Nichols

If Ottawa and Edmonton are both 8-10, there will be no crossover.

3 hours ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

Sportswriters from across the country favour the Bombers:

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/06/11/cfl-unveils-results-2019-cfl-media-poll/?utm_source=dlvr.it

Other interesting poll numbers:

Which team will win the 107th Grey Cup presented by Shaw in Calgary? (48 votes)

29% Calgary Stampeders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers (14 votes each)

Winnipeg will win it’s first Grey Cup since 1990. Matt Nichols may not be the marquee quarterback but he is efficient and a strong leader. O’Shea teams play tough defence. And the Bombers are due. The CFL’s loudest..and most patient fans deserve to drink from the Cup again.” – Dave Jamieson, TSN 1260

Other poll questions:

Who will win the Most Outstanding Player in 2019? (48 votes)

Which player is most likely to have a breakout season in 2019? (46 votes)

Which team made the best overall moves this offseason? (50 votes)

Which one player acquisition will make the biggest impact in 2019? (49 votes)

And others..

A good read with selected comments.

West Division

1. Calgary

2. Winnipeg

3. BC

4. Edmonton - crossover

5. Saskatchewan

East Division

1. Hamilton

2. Ottawa

3. Toronto

4. Montreal

Playoffs

West Semi-Final : Winnipeg beats BC

East Semi-Final: Ottawa beats Edmonton

West Final: Winnipeg beats Calgary

East Final: Hamilton beats Ottawa

Grey Cup:  Winnipeg beats Hamilton

MOP: MIke Reilly

MOC: Andrew Harris

MOD: Jefferson

- still not sold on Nichols but I made a bit of a homer pick with Winnipeg prevailing over Calgary in the west final. 

• 5 months later...
On 2019-06-11 at 8:28 AM, JCon said:

My predictions...

West
Winnipeg
Calgary
BC
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

East
Hamilton
Montreal
Toronto
Ottawa

WSF - Calgary beats BC
WF - Winnipeg beats Calgary
ESF - Edmonton beats Montreal
EF - Hamilton beats Edmonton
Grey Cup - Winnipeg beats Hamilton

MOP - Masoli
MOC - Harris
ROY - ???

On 2019-06-11 at 8:50 AM, TBURGESS said:

As always... read it in a gloomy Eeyore voice.

West:

Calgary - Won't win as many as last year. BLM is still the difference maker. They are the best until proven otherwise.
BC - Reilly will make a huge difference to a team that just missed last year. The defence will take some time to come together. Win or lose the games will be 36-38.
Winnipeg - Losing 3 NI all stars will hurt worse than most think. Nichols doesn't get back to his level of play from 2 years ago.
Edmonton - Did a good job of reloading in the off season, but Reilly is a huge loss.
Riders - Worst QB in the west behind a make shift OL without Jones' defence to bail them out.

East:

Hamilton - Lost their OC late in the offseason, but had a replacement in house. Can't see any other eastern team coming close.
Ottawa - Lost a ton of good players, but are in the right division.
Toronto - Will have QB problems all year long, but they're good enough to stay out of the basement.
Montreal - Made some good moves, but not enough to get them out of the basement.

WSF - BC beats Winnipeg. Reilly breaks our hearts yet again.
WF -  Calgary beats BC in a high scoring affair.
ESF - Ottawa beats Edmonton.
EF - Hamilton beats Ottawa
Grey Cup - Hamilton beats Calgary 

MOP - Masoli
MOC - Harris

Ahem. 

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

West
Winnipeg
Calgary
BC
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

East
Hamilton
Montreal
Toronto
Ottawa

WSF - Calgary beats BC
WF - Winnipeg beats Calgary
ESF - Edmonton beats Montreal
EF - Hamilton beats Edmonton
Grey Cup - Winnipeg beats Hamilton

Well done, Jcon. Quite accurate. Certainly better than that other poster.

Ahem.  :-)

Well, I know I said before the playoffs started that we were perfectly capable of running the table. Did I really think we would? No. I admit that. I thought our D would have a game where we gave up huge yardage, couldn't stop our opponent when it mattered, sputtered on offense when we needed them most, etc. I was wrong.

Ultimately I would have laid the blame at the feet of Mike O'Shea for being a stubborn cuss that wouldn't make the changes necessary to put this team over the top. What happened? He made the changes necessary for putting this team over the top. Therefore, he now gets the praise he deserves and I'll be the first to say I was wrong and that he did a great job.

I'm so proud of Wade Miller, Kyle Walters, Mike O'Shea, Paul LaPolice, Richie Hall, and the rest of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. You electrified the city of Winnipeg and all the Blue Bomber fans throughout the country and indeed, the world. Take a bow gentlemen. You're Grey Cup champions!

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this is the most perfectly TBurg post after a Grey Cup win, and exactly what I expected...

Glad I didn't disappoint. 

I wouldn't have had said anything if someone didn't go back to find a post to take a shot at me (I did get Hamilton as 1st in the east and Winnipeg as 3rd in the west and I might have been right about the rest if we didn't trade for Collaros.). Today should be about the Grey Cup win, not taking shots at poster's you don't like. Shouldn't be about the Riders either. Their season ended last week. 

Edited by TBURGESS

On 2019-06-10 at 5:34 PM, wbbfan said:

West

Winnipeg

Calgary

BC

Edmonton

SSK

East

Ham

Mtl

Ott

Tor

Bombers win GC. 

Bighill wins MOP and MODP

Luck wins MoR

and Cam judge (say whaaaaaa!) wins MoC. 

Ottawa cleans house after missing the play offs when Edmonton crosses over. 

Hamilton wins 10 games, and its the first time in about 100 years the east champ wins 10 or more games. 

Reed is fired before LD despite the als doing better then expected when new owners take over. 

Sucked on the west division, got the east division right though. And the GC, the most important part. But its my pick every year lol. 

Big miss on bighill and lucky, and cam judge. Though judge did have a nice season.

Number of wins wrong in hamilton but other wise pretty good. But picking ottawa to crash and burn was a gimmie. Same with Reed. 

All in all it was an incredible back and forth season. Seemingly half the league spent time as the best team in the league. A bunch of young qbs played great and will fuel the league for years to come. And most importantly, bombers won the gc!