2019 CFL Predictions Thread

JCon

Preseason is wrapping up, so it's time for some predictions. 

I'm not going to check but I believe I had the Stamps beating the Redblacks in the Grey Cup last season. Again, I'm not going to check.

Let's see some predictions:

Standings

Playoffs

Grey Cup Champs

Awards 

Let's see 'em.

Calgary 13-5 - purely a reputation pick, but they have reloaded on the fly for so long I won't remove them from tiop spot until they do it themselves

Winnipeg 12-6 - All the positive hype scares me to be honest, because the west will be tight, and if they stumble at all the wolves will be at the door in this city, not sure how they will handle the negative pressure if that happens.

BC 11-7 - May start slow, but Reilly will inject a spark into that team and fanbase, and they  - will be "the lower seed team no one wants to face" come playoff time. But injuries and little back-up depth could hurt them lots.

Edmonton 10-8 - Great job re-building quickly after being gutted in free agency, but they were 9-9 last year, and not sure they upgraded anywhere.

Saskatchewan - 10-8 - Will be better than anyone here will give them credit for, but not sure they overcome the defection of Chris Jones, since his defence was so integral to their winning record last year. But I don't see them being the tire fire like out East (happy to be wrong though)

Hamilton 9-9 - The class of the East, which is like being the tallest midget (my apologies for the un-PC term, but that is the quote).

Toronto 8-10 - Franklin may just carry this team offensively and surprise with Derel Walker at his disposal.

Ottawa 6-12 - Jennings will briefly inject some life into the team when he replaces Davis at QB by week 8, but the resurgence will be over by Labour Day. Long year in the nation's capital.

Montreal 2-16 - I give them one upset win at home somewhere around week 11, and then the last home game gimme when their opponent rests their starters.

Bombers over BC, Toronto over Edmonton

Calgary over Bombers (since I always get my predictions wrong, you can all thank me now for jinxing the Stamps), Hamilton over Toronto

Hamilton over Calgary in the Grey Cup

Reilly MOP over Masoli

Bighill MODP

Harris MOCdn

Standings

West: Winnipeg, Calgary, B.C., Edmonton, Saskatchewan. East: Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal.

Winnipeg beats Hamilton in the Grey Cup. 

Harris wins most outstanding Canadian. MOS wins Coach of the Year. Gray rookie of the year. 

Captain Blue crashes the biplane in the north end zone, it’s totalled.

Lucky performs a new style touchdown celebration into the north stands. 

After a week of celebrating the Grey Cup victory, Wade crashes through the doors at Royal Fork Buffet. He was not in a vehicle. 

It was bound to happen that scandal rocks Buzz and Boomer living arrangements. 

Edited by Rod Black

Don't normally do this, but I'll give it a try, acknowledging that luck greatly outplays skill in this sort of thing:

The West

Calgary - some question marks but until we can routinely beat them, they remain on top

Winnipeg - We've got a real shot at it all this year, assuming Nichols regains his 2017 form.  Even with 2018 form we should still end up here

BC - lots of horses, but it remains to see if they all come together

Edmonton - from Reilly to Harris is a pretty big drop off.   I think that BC-Edm is really a coin flip in a lot of ways

Saskatchewan - because Riders suck

The East

Hamilton - Not a bad team, but in the east, the tallest midget by far

Ottawa - It will all go as Jennings and Davis go, but I like them better than Toronto's stable

Toronto - The Raptors win and everybody in TO continues to forget they have a CFL team.  Same thing if the Raptors lose.

Montreal - the Saskatchewan of the west, except they actually have toothbrushes and indoor plumbing and things other than tractor pulls

Playoffs

West

BC in Wpg - Wpg wins

Wpg in Cal - Wpg wins

East

Edm in Ott - Edm wins

Edm in Ham - Ham wins

Grey Cup:  Wpg beats Ham

MOP - Mitchell

MODP - Bighill

MOCdn - A Harris

Edited by WBBFanWest

West

Winnipeg

Calgary

BC

Edmonton

SSK

East

Ham

Mtl

Ott

Tor

Bombers win GC. 

Bighill wins MOP and MODP

Luck wins MoR

and Cam judge (say whaaaaaa!) wins MoC. 

Ottawa cleans house after missing the play offs when Edmonton crosses over. 

Hamilton wins 10 games, and its the first time in about 100 years the east champ wins 10 or more games. 

Reed is fired before LD despite the als doing better then expected when new owners take over. 

I can see Calgary and Winnipeg battling for first in the west all season. Eskies at 9&9, Riders at 6 & 12 (and probably worse than that) and BC at 10 & 8. I do worry about Nichols, though. Hamilton will carry the East without breaking a sweat. Toronto will be a pleasant surprise but Ottawa will struggle and Montreal....brrrrr.

MBB comment predictions:

Northern Skunk will post a lot about Big Chris, (everyone is talking about Big Chris!) 17 to 85 will slam Lapo, Tracker will question O'Shea, I will post some stuff in Climate change thread, and US politics thread.

I heart will talk about the Jets in the Bomber game chat. Tburg will be gloomy, but make some good points. Noeller will  make some good football observations, and praise O'Shea to the skys.

The experienced football guys will be good as usual. Mike will drop in to slam somebody, then leave for a few weeks. speedflex will cover the glory days.

(wink)

1 Wpg

2. Calgary

3. BC

4. Edmonton

5. Sask. (can a team be 6th in a five team division?)

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

MBB comment predictions:

Northern Skunk will post a lot about Big Chris, (everyone is talking about Big Chris!) 17 to 85 will slam Lapo, Tracker will question O'Shea, I will post some stuff in Climate change thread, and US politics thread.

I heart will talk about the Jets in the Bomber game chat. Tburg will be gloomy, but make some good points. Noeller will  make some good football observations, and praise O'Shea to the skys.

The experienced football guys will be good as usual. Mike will drop in to slam somebody, then leave for a few weeks. speedflex will cover the glory days.

(wink)

1 Wpg

2. Calgary

3. BC

4. Edmonton

5. Sask. (can a team be 6th in a five team division?)

I, as always, will keep my posts short and to the point.

Image result for how i met your mother kids

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

As always... read it in a gloomy Eeyore voice.

West:

Calgary - Won't win as many as last year. BLM is still the difference maker. They are the best until proven otherwise.
BC - Reilly will make a huge difference to a team that just missed last year. The defence will take some time to come together. Win or lose the games will be 36-38.
Winnipeg - Losing 3 NI all stars will hurt worse than most think. Nichols doesn't get back to his level of play from 2 years ago.
Edmonton - Did a good job of reloading in the off season, but Reilly is a huge loss.
Riders - Worst QB in the west behind a make shift OL without Jones' defence to bail them out.

East:

Hamilton - Lost their OC late in the offseason, but had a replacement in house. Can't see any other eastern team coming close.
Ottawa - Lost a ton of good players, but are in the right division.
Toronto - Will have QB problems all year long, but they're good enough to stay out of the basement.
Montreal - Made some good moves, but not enough to get them out of the basement.

WSF - BC beats Winnipeg. Reilly breaks our hearts yet again.
WF -  Calgary beats BC in a high scoring affair.
ESF - Ottawa beats Edmonton.
EF - Hamilton beats Ottawa
Grey Cup - Hamilton beats Calgary 

MOP - Masoli
MOC - Harris

35 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

As always... read it in a gloomy Eeyore voice.

West:

Calgary - Won't win as many as last year. BLM is still the difference maker. They are the best until proven otherwise.
BC - Reilly will make a huge difference to a team that just missed last year. The defence will take some time to come together. Win or lose the games will be 36-38.
Winnipeg - Losing 3 NI all stars will hurt worse than most think. Nichols doesn't get back to his level of play from 2 years ago.
Edmonton - Did a good job of reloading in the off season, but Reilly is a huge loss.
Riders - Worst QB in the west behind a make shift OL without Jones' defence to bail them out.

East:

Hamilton - Lost their OC late in the offseason, but had a replacement in house. Can't see any other eastern team coming close.
Ottawa - Lost a ton of good players, but are in the right division.
Toronto - Will have QB problems all year long, but they're good enough to stay out of the basement.
Montreal - Made some good moves, but not enough to get them out of the basement.

WSF - BC beats Winnipeg. Reilly breaks our hearts yet again.
WF -  Calgary beats BC in a high scoring affair.
ESF - Ottawa beats Edmonton.
EF - Hamilton beats Ottawa
Grey Cup - Hamilton beats Calgary 

MOP - Masoli
MOC - Harris

thanks for that T-Burg.  It did help to read it while looking at this guy...

Image result for eeyore rain

There are going to be some good records in the West this year because the East is 3/4's bad.

WEST

Winnipeg:  13-5

Calgary:  12-6

BC:  11-7

Edmonton: 10-8

Sask: 4-14

EAST

Hamilton: 11-7

Tor: 6-12

Ott:  5-13

Mtl:  4:14

Wpg defeats Cgy at home in Western Final and defeats Hamilton in the Grey Cup.

Tier 1 - The best two teams overall

Winnipeg - 1st in the West

Calgary - 2nd in the West

Tier 2 - Only because they play in the East they will have winning records

Hamilton - 1st in the east

Toronto - 2nd in the East

Tier 3 - These three will battle for the final west spot and crossover

BC - 3rd in the West

Saskabush - 4th in the West and the crossover team

Edmonton - 5th in the west and eliminated and we finally see Jason Maas fired

Tier 4 - Will win some but never be in the playoff picture

Montreal - Will be better than last season but still struggle but they start their trend upwards. This will be Kavis Reed and company's last season in the league. 

Ottawa - This will be a long season in Ottawa with a carousel of QBs and more change in the front office. They will be the Montreal of last year without the circus though.

WEST

1-Winnipeg 13-5 Team has much improved in most departments,oline being only question mark.

2- Calgary 11-7 Lost too many key pieces on defense but still have the major threat in BLM at qb.

3- BC 10-8 Sold the farm to acquire Reilly,team could be a coin toss this year.

4- Edmonton 8-10 lots of change from last years team to this years. Lost arguably the best qb in the league and major receivers,Harris is a downgrade from Reilly.

5- Suckskatchewan 6-12 Still have a recycled and past his prime QB in Callaros,defence will be their only shining light.

EAST

1- Hamilton 11-7 The east should be a walk for the Tigercats this year,much superior team to everyone else in the East.

2- Toronto 9-9 Upgrades at receiver should help their QBs.

3- Ottawa 8-10 on the cusp of being a tire fire,lost many key players and Jennings is not gonna be their answer at the helm.

4 Montreal 5-13 just let go of Sherman,they're a fully blown tire fire.

WSF-  Bc upsets Calgary

WF- Winnipeg beats up on BC

ESF- Toronto beats Ottawa

EF- Hamilton destroys in the battle of Ontario

GREY CUP Winnipeg 37 Hamilton 17,this has to be the Bombers year....right???

MOP-BLM

Mod- Adam Bighill

Moc- Andrew Harris

Grey cup MVP- Matt Nichols

Edited by Nolby