Blue DBs Get Second Warning

I can appreciate it when a player is vocal and speaks up about something that they may not be comfortable with.  It's better than being a "yes" man and not asking any questions.  Good feedback from your players is a healthy way of establishing trust with them.  

Hopefully todays play of our dbs continues for the rest of TC and the season, with Coach Burke around now I don't see todays effort as an aberration. I'm sure once Sears is healthy the Bombers will be fine with their SAM position.

As for a hypothetical trade with the Argos, I'd go for Pavlopoulos, a 1st and an I.O.U designated as a QB for Ricky Ray.

That has to be better than what Jyles ended up doing in Edmonton right ?

When Hef and Johnson are on top of they're game, they're pretty much the most shut down tandem in the league. I certainly hope this is the case again this season! I wont be surprised at all if they still replace Suber with Washington.... We need someone who can create turnovers in that spot, as well as shut down recievers in coverage. I think Washinton can be that guy for us.

suber continues to be the most underrated player in the league. Is it because he's short? 

makes it easy to overlook him..

bah-dum *ching!*  

I think his lack of picks plus being behind JJ and Hef but not being a egotistical maniac makes it very easy to under-rate him.. 

suber continues to be the most underrated player in the league. Is it because he's short?

Because he doesn't create turnovers. He can't play the ball that well... Maybe somebody who knows can tell us how many knockdowns he has? Because his 1 interception that was thrown right to him is pretty underwhelming

Because he doesn't create turnovers. He can't play the ball that well... Maybe somebody who knows can tell us how many knockdowns he has? Because his 1 interception that was thrown right to him is pretty underwhelming

Suber had one pass knockdown last year. But he also only gave up 4 catches beyond 20+ yards, which was best on the team. Also worth mentioning, receivers didn't break one tackle on him last year. ALSO worth mentioning, he actually lead the team in tackles for a loss last year with 6.

If anyone is curious about who led our team (and the league) in pass knockdowns ... it was Johnny Sears.

Sears -- 10

Korey Banks -- 10

Eddie Russ -- 9

Byron Parker -- 8

Patrick Watkins -- 8

Dee Webb -- 7

Joe Burnett -- 7

Keon Raymond -- 7

Ryan Phillips -- 7

Next on the Bombers was Hefney with 5. (which was still top 15 in the league, only 4 players had 6)

If anyone is curious about who led our team (and the league) in pass knockdowns ... it was Johnny Sears.

Sears -- 10

Korey Banks -- 10

Eddie Russ -- 9

Byron Parker -- 8

Patrick Watkins -- 8

Dee Webb -- 7

Joe Burnett -- 7

Keon Raymond -- 7

Ryan Phillips -- 7

Next on the Bombers was Hefney with 5. (which was still top 15 in the league, only 4 players had 6)

Johnny Sears is the man. 

as some of us have been saying for a while, Suber = one of the most underrated players in the league...

Watching him frustrate Richardson is priceless. Suber give up like 6+ inches but is in his kitchen the whole game.

yeah but turnovers and knockdowns aren't everything, the guy sticks to people as well as anyone and maybe better. He's not flashy but in terms of stopping the passing game, he's easily one of the most effective players on the team. Stop basing player evaluations on the glory stats.

The difference is Suber has good speed, good feet and good cover skills. Playing DH is a lot more difficult than Corner. JJ gambles too much when you guess right u get picks, wrong and it's 6 against. Hef relies too much on his ability to close and gets in chase mode too much. Similar to Cox. Cox is no longer playing DH for that vert reason.

Similar to Cox. Cox is no longer playing DH for that vert reason.

Chip Cox? When did he play DH? The Als' depth chart has him at SAM last season (just like previous years) but he was dropping back into coverage more than in previous years.