Training Camp Cuts

Jpan85

54 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

in the second pre season game it sounded like he dropped 2 or 3 catchable balls according to Bob Irving. Sounds like a headcase. Might work out with a fresh start in B.C.

It didn't work out here.  It is not a knock if he goes on to reach his potential somewhere else.  Sometimes that is what it takes to get a guy in the right frame of mind to be successful.

10 minutes ago, MC said:

It didn't work out here.  It is not a knock if he goes on to reach his potential somewhere else.  Sometimes that is what it takes to get a guy in the right frame of mind to be successful.

Agreed.  Maybe it wasn't the right fit for him here and a change of scenery is what he needs. 

Look at Hardrick for example.  Based on his time in Regina, he wasn't anything special but has flourished here and now he's a key part of our team.

12 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Agreed.  Maybe it wasn't the right fit for him here and a change of scenery is what he needs. 

Look at Hardrick for example.  Based on his time in Regina, he wasn't anything special but has flourished here and now he's a key part of our team.

No, it's because Saskatchewan sucks and the Riders blow.  Always.  

Walters said Simonise was the 4th NI receiver (FTR: I don't see the need for 2 FB's, so they could have kept him if they really wanted to). They offered him a PR spot, but he turned it down. As he signed with BC already, sound like it was the right choice for him.

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Walters said Simonise was the 4th NI receiver (FTR: I don't see the need for 2 FB's, so they could have kept him if they really wanted to). They offered him a PR spot, but he turned it down. As he signed with BC already, sound like it was the right choice for him.

I couldn't figure that statement out, Walters said he was the 4th of 4 Canadians behind Demski and Woli., which must mean he was ranked behind Petermann,  Oliveira and Augustine.  I guess if two Natl. receivers go down they will play Petermann and make a ratio adjustment elsewhere. 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/06/10/kyle-walters-season-preview-press-conference/

As for your comment on 2 FB's, Harris and Oliveira play and Augustine backs up both positions, so 3 are needed.  Rush is ST only.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I couldn't figure that statement out, Walters said he was the 4th of 4 Canadians behind Demski and Woli., which must mean he was ranked behind Petermann,  Oliveira and Augustine.  I guess if two Natl. receivers go down they will play Petermann and make a ratio adjustment elsewhere. 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/06/10/kyle-walters-season-preview-press-conference/

unless they really do sign Coombs

15 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The Bombers obviously intend to DI a receiver, probably Lucky, so they will still have 7 receivers on their gameday roster, same as last year.  They only get into trouble if both Woli and Demski are injured at the same time.  Playing a guy out of positition if there is a rash of injuries is a thing that happens from time to time in the CFL.  There is always the off chance Jake Thomas will have to do some snaps on the Oline for part of a game.

The real risk is if one of their NI's is still injured the following week.  Right now they have no one anywhere on their roster to put on the gameday and get them back up to 7 receivers.  I wouldn't be surprised if that Bisons kid was still hanging around IG field for the time being.

53 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

As for your comment on 2 FB's, Harris and Oliveira play and Augustine backs up both positions, so 3 are needed.  Rush is ST only.

I took the statement to mean he was the 4th NI receiver, so ranked behind Woli, Demski and Peterman. I see Oliveira as Harris' backup and a FB, not both on the field at the same time. Augustine is on the PR. FB's show MIller and Rush. What I was trying to say was they could have chosen Simonise over Miller if wanted to.

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I took the statement to mean he was the 4th NI receiver, so ranked behind Woli, Demski and Peterman. I see Oliveira as Harris' backup and a FB, not both on the field at the same time. Augustine is on the PR. FB's show MIller and Rush. What I was trying to say was they could have chosen Simonise over Miller if wanted to.

I agree but I would keep both Miller and Simonese over Rush, I'd love to see a positional depth chart of ST to get a better understanding of the roles they play.  Hansen will contribute as well taking up a spot on ST's.

11 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I agree but I would keep both Miller and Simonese over Rush, I'd love to see a positional depth chart of ST to get a better understanding of the roles they play.  Hansen will contribute as well taking up a spot on ST's.

Fair enough. In any case, they chose Miller and Rush over Simonise.

2 hours ago, MC said:

so you just repeated what I said with more hyperbole.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Miller offers way more on special teams, and hard to compare a #1 blocking back with a #5 Canadian receiver. Maybe they could have given up Rush instead of Simonise, but then no back-up FB (don`t think they`d want to beat up Oliveira there, and Augustine is too small).

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Simonise would have been in direct competition with Petermann for the receiver spot and then for a bottom of the roster spot with guys like Exume, Janke and Hallett.  Miller, Rush, Miles, Lalama are in a different category for special teams, Simonise can't play where they do on kick cover/return.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Simonise would have been in direct competition with Petermann for the receiver spot and then for a bottom of the roster spot with guys like Exume, Janke and Hallett.  Miller, Rush, Miles, Lalama are in a different category for special teams, Simonise can't play where they do on kick cover/return.

This. A guy like simonise is a great luxury to have. But what he gives you on the field on game day as the last guy on the roster is minimal compared to the likes of the rest. In the presser walters said they offered Simonise a PR spot and he declined. I feel like thats more then fair on both sides. You just cant always keep a guy on the active roster who has long term up side but contributes very little now and in the short term. We are no longer desperate for NI wr talent. Far from it.