Training Camp Cuts

Jpan85

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Coleman gets owned... Not cut. Boynton makes plays... Cut. 

With 20-25 cuts still to come, Coleman hasn't made the team yet.  I liked what I saw from Boynton but at the same time we all knew there were going to be some good players let go.

Too bad about Boynton- his back story was touching and he did seem to have the talent but not the seasoning. From a purely emotional point of view, it would have brought a tear to my eye to see a Battle linebacker in blue and gold again.

Even after the cuts the Bombers still have 80 players on their training camp roster, so depending on injuries, they still have to release around 30 more players. Some of those cuts will end up on the Bombers’ practice roster.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5367220/winnipeg-blue-bombers-make-another-round-of-cuts-before-cutdown-day/amp/?utm_medium=Twitter&utm_source=%40globalwinnipeg&__twitter_impression=true

All teams have to get down to a 45-man roster that will include 21 Canadians, 20 Americans, three quarterbacks and one global player. One player can be put on a reserved list, and as well, teams can carry a 10-man practice roster. The injured lists will be announced the day before the opener.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/06/07/upon-review-wpg-35-ssk-29/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

12 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They usually reserve those positions for the final cuts.

Yeah, thought of that after. We're too early for PR cuts. Too bad. 

Edited by JCon